Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FiestaDePantalones posted:

I'm feeling a srpg itch. Is the dishes for switch a huge improvement over the one for vita? And what's the easiest way to purchase it?

I was not aware of any videogame console compatible tableware, but I feel they would be quite difficult to purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Squashing Machine posted:

Got to live the ad this weekend, took my Switch to a party and we all took turns playing MK8D, just like in the commercial. Everyone was clapping and cheering, it was great

Edit: I should note that they were clapping and cheering for the Switch, and, by extension, for me. Thanks

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

iajanus posted:

What does the thing that comes up at the end of individual races do? The thing that's got a counter X/6 next to it? I hit the button once and now it says 1/6 but I don't know what it's referring to?

(i can try to be more vague if that's helpful :v:)

Replays that you can save.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Disgaea 5 is at the end of May.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

So the Squid Sisters aren't actually sisters, that's just the name of their band?

Their parents were the original squid sisters so they're actually squid cousins.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bef posted:

Where's does it fail

No mouse wheel shoulder buttons.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Whats this reeeee thing? Gonna guess its probably really meanspirited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

Link please.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

A bit more seriously.

Are you ready? Now let's take up arms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsw0EiPLggU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Drunk Tomato posted:

Did she touch your dingaling

The technical term is joy-con.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I don't think you could drift break until 200cc was released on Mario Kart 8 because I don't think you can go fast enough on 150cc to hit the brakes and keep the drift going.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

Does Stardew Valley have a date, yet?

No, you need to build up more relationship points first.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

parallelodad posted:

Nintendo does usually by Sony is happy to announce and show of trailers for games that won't be out for years, or just announce a Kickstarter for such a game, and get huge accolades for it. Nintendo should get in on that.

Or just be Microsoft and announce games that aren't going to be released.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

s.i.r.e. posted:

What happened to Taint Reaper?

When there's only one taint left to reap...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Such is the fate of many a goon to get turned away at the pearly gates.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

If you don't follow computer news, this is a real thing that was announced last week, Windows 10 S.

huh

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

I love video games! I just bounced really hard off BotW when I tried to play it on the Wii U. I'm not entiiirely sure why, but the two reasons I'd pin down are just not liking consoles anymore (I'm not as comfortable in a recliner or couch as I am at my desk), and decision paralysis when presented with a huge world. Stopped playing Horizon for probably the same two reasons.

I still wonder if I would like BotW more in portable form, though. It does seem like the sort of game you can pick up, look around for a while and put down again real easily.

For what it's worth, I played Zelda mostly undocked cause I prefer handhelds, and I enjoyed it very much that way.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

This one took years to make.

Most games do.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want the next Zelda game to be a coop game that uses BOTW's world.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It's interesting how selling a new system in March actually worked out really well. Comparing demand of the Switch to the Wii doesn't take into account that the Wii was released during holiday season. I'm curious how well the Switch will do when people are actually in the mood to toss down some cash for expensive electronics.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tingle has joined his brothers in becoming a big rock. Those magic words were not actually for becoming a fairy.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I played a bunch of PPT yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking about placing tetris pieces while I was trying to sleep.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

After years of endless work creating and fine-tuning my wondrous creation, I pulled the lever to breathe the sacred breath of life into my now perfect child. With an a quick spasm as a new existence was born in this world, the child opened his eyes and looked at me. Before I could take in this awe inspiring moment, the creature leapt to its feet, ran to me, and stared into my eyes with the intensity of a thousands suns. Then without hesitation, it leaned in close and whispered quietly into my ear...

"What could PAWsibly go wrong?"

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Some kind of Aztec looking six arm boss from the ARMS Grand Prix mode

I'm glad Asura found a creative outlet for his anger issues.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rexroom posted:

60 fps goodness. This gonna be good.

According to gamexplain's preview the game runs at 60 for 1v1 but drops to 30 for the four player mode like mario kart.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

And yet there were 4 New Super Mario Bros. games.

There's a pretty big difference between the New Super Mario Bros. games and Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero.

The difference is money. Lot's of money. When Nintendo says they want to come up with new and interesting ideas for games that's their nice way of saying that poo poo don't sell.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I also saw Hollow Knight on that stream. That looked like it would make a good Switch game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I read that name wrong and had a moment of severe disbelief.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Furs535ly94g

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

From the E3 thread...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

"Do you know what would be awesome?"
"What?"
"Yoshi holding a barrel banana gun instead of Donkey Kong"

Out of all the things you could say about that picture, you went with this.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lakbay posted:

I'm gonna buy one of these for Hollow Knight (unless that game needs a stick for some reason)

I'm now aware that Hollow Knight is coming to the Switch and am looking forward to playing it on the go.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

.TakaM posted:

I have to ask has anyone else played a Rabbids game before?

I liked the first one. It was an okay minigame collection that used motion controls decently enough.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm going to play and hopefully enjoy the Arms Test Punch tomorrow!

Oh poo poo that's tomorrow isn't it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Aw poo poo, motherfucker gonna slay some loving dragons on the go and at home, all day, every day.

I hope you can still do the save transfer like you can on the 3ds version.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is the 3DS version getting a Western release?

I don't know anything about that. Just that the Japanese release of MHXX let you transfer the save from a MHX copy.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVHigvYeoYw

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

How do you guys play your switch? In the giant Wii U tablet mode, or with a controller, or what?

Umm excuse me, the technical term is giant Game Boy Advance mode thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Are You Ready? Now Let's Take Up

AAARRRRMMMMMSSSSS!

In about three hours.

• Locked thread