Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Buca di Bepis posted:

It should be a $10 DLC for owners of MK8

Send in your UPC code as proof of purchase
It's impossible to own Mario Kart 8 for Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Policenaut posted:

It's not NBA Jam, but maybe you'll like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_s0EIYsc

$20, next month on PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One.
That looks dumb as gently caress. The 2011(?) NBA Jam was dope though, especially 4 player. I wish they'd just make another one of those.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Empress Brosephine posted:

The fact that lego city runs at sub 10 god at times makes me realize we'll never get a port of gta 4 or 5 :(
Zelda... c'mon now think before you post.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

I just timed it PS4 to persona: 10.9 seconds
switch to lego: 6.06

Wow four seconds oh whatever will u do
lol you bought the lovely rear end lego game :laugh:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Vikar Jerome posted:

I'm never use the map in zelda and have the mini map turned off. True freedom.

I imagine yl is not that size, i thought they were roughly bj size.
Stop lyin.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I might be the biggest Shovel Knight fan here but dudes, the Plague Knight control mechanics are mad frustrating. I mean, this seems like a fun mechanic, but jesus it's tough get good.

Everyone who sings the praises of Plague Knight says the controls eventually "clicked" for them, and it was blissful and they love the game 10x more than vanilla Shovel Knight.

Unfortunately I've never experienced that and still find the controls a bit clunky and cumbersome.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Soul Glo posted:

People own lots of games
Even if you digitally download every single game ever available for the Switch, you won't fill up a 256GB card until at least 2019.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Crafty posted:

i bought metal slug on my nintendo switch and the slow down is pretty bad and annoying at times. Games fun tho
That's not slowdown. That's Metal Slug.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Ok I MAY buy shovel knight today, I'm feeling close. Is it fun to replay or is it a one thing deal? Does it have that smb3 replay magic?
There's 6 different unique playthroughs as of right now, not counting the amiibo mode.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

monkeu posted:

Is there gonna be any difference between the two streams? I don't understand why there's two
In the past they've been quite different yes.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Miitomo RPG.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Feenix posted:

Oh man, I love my Switch but holy poo poo Nintendo's PR is so bad. Like, it's not even charmingly bad. It's just... like, someone scripted and edited this in their basement.
Nah it's good.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Loot boxes on arms. Supply drops are the new normal.

:rip: Nintendo :rip:
Unlockables are cool you dumb rear end bitch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

eonwe posted:

depending on the price, project mekuru looks pretty dece
It'll be $20 lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
ROB BANKS WITH YOUR FRIENDS

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
POWER EGGS

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

man nurse posted:

That direct sucked and nothing in it made me excited to own a 3DS or a Switch.
Sorry.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Harlock posted:

Here's Kirby in a bunch of shallow mini games, we love Kirby!

Year of the Kirby!
Kirby is a shallow mini-game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That goes against their statement that no payment is required until the Fall.
Everyone gets a free 3-month trial.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

MarcusSA posted:

Did they give release dates for Minecraft or Payday 2?
Minecraft was early May. Don't remember/care about Payday.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SO A Bunch of nothing at the direcT? lol thanks nintendo, glad to know I have another one of your consoles that will play at max 2 games per year
Sorry about your life lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

I don't u der stand how it's trolling to have a negative outlook on something? Sorry I'm not impressed by ports of 5+ year old games and WiiU games. It's not like any of these games are hard to play now a days like something like a Ps2 era remaster is.
I've cracked the code. You never leave your house and as such, are continually discounting the #1 thing that makes Switch versions of games extremely desirable; portability.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

man nurse posted:

I would be more excited about portability if the battery life was worth a drat, but as it is, it's not very effective as a portable system. Besides which, when I'm out and about, it's not usually to play video games. That's something I do when I'm at home.

I'm glad there's people that are excited to play 2 hours of minecraft outside of their house, but I can understand people being pretty underwhelmed by what was shown today.
I get like 5 hours between Zelda and Shovel Knight. I don't really require more than that in a single day.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

xedo posted:

People also might have bought Zelda while there was a 20% launch discount from amazon prime/best buy club in anticipation of a switch this year. It's likely the best price we'll see for a long time for new copies. I would have done that myself if I wasn't going to get digital.

Has any other game ever hit (or, apparently, exceeded) 100% attach for a console for any period of time? I would imagine Mario 64 got drat close when the N64 launched. I mean, did anybody buy that console solely due to their intense love of launch day Pilotwings?
Pack in games don't count, which is why you never see something like SMW or 64 or Wii Sports listed.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Gamestop is trash and forced bundles are trash. Seriously just hit up Wal-Mart or Best Buy. They will have some in stock.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

enojy posted:

Riding up to South Carolina with family for about a week, opted to not bring the Switch, already regretting it.
What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Astro7x posted:

Anyone know what could be up with my switch?

Both controllers seem to work wirelessly just fine. As soon as I dock them to the Switch, the left Joycon doesn't want to work properly. Like I can navigate the menus with the left stick, but it doesn't work in any game. Both controllers will show up as white icons in the menu at the bottom, but when I attach the left joycon, it then becomes a dark gray.

Worked fine last time I played my Switch.

Should also note that this is the Joycon I sent in to have repaired.
The joycons connect physically, not wirelessly, when attached to the Switch. Check the physical connection port on both the left joycon (at the very bottom of the black slider rail, underneath the overhang) and on the Switch (and the very bottom of the slider channel) to make sure they're not obstructed by foreign particles.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

katkillad2 posted:

This happened to me with the Snipperclips demo... I would literally sell my joycons and just use the pro controller, but the fact that things like that happen and I couldn't even use the pro controller to go through the system setup means it's probably a really bad idea not knowing if any future system updates are going to make me use the joycons. I'm literally never going to use the joycons except in these really dumb situations.
It's really freaking weird to me how eager and willing some people are to just completely disregard one of the most impressive and convenient aspects of the entire system, its portability.

I rarely even leave the house with it, but probably 60% of my playtime on the Switch is in handheld mode simply cause it's more convenient.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lakbay posted:

I'm going to futilely look for a Switch in the wild tomorrow but for when I fail is http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-mario-kart-8-deluxe-bundle-ships-by-05-05-17/146488#productDetails actually a good Gamestop deal for once?
A bundle where the sum of the parts is actually LESS than the cost is not a good bundle. Therefor, there is never good GameStop deal.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Buca di Bepis posted:

Huh? Stores generally accept returns or exchanges on broken items and treat them differently. They ask you if it's broken so they can toss it in another pile.
If something is broken you have to exchange it for the same item.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

So is Bomberman good now
It's worth $20.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cojawfee posted:

Switch has one good game coming out this week, but luckily it comes out tomorrow.
:iamafag:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I don't think so Tim
No need to sign your posts here on the Something Awful forums.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

robot roll call posted:

I unlocked enough points for different puyos in less than 10 minutes
He's a troll posting about things he has no actual knowledge of. Pay him no mind.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Puyo doesn't have hard drop by default because mainline Puyo games don't have it (there's a longer :goonsay: version about why that is)

There's a setting to turn it on though, and it has hard drop in Fusion mode
Where's the option to turn it on? I looked all around and never found it. I noticed hard drop during the mode where it's like 50x10 but just assumed that was the only way to have it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Paying a $15 premium in order to play a game 12 hours earlier is lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Hopefully the fact that MK8 is selling incredibly well will encourage them to just port every single good WiiU game to the Switch from now until the holiday season. Captain Toad Deluxe please.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

I think you guys are forgetting Nintendo is king of cringe. They had a random guy on stage pretending he was Zelda for Christ sake. And they had that muppets fiasco not realizing that "you're a bunch of muppets" is a insult not a compliment
Alright now I'm fully convinced you're just a low effort troll. "muppets fiasco"? lmao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

NNick posted:

Got my switch yesterday. I love it. Zelda makes me feel like a kid again.

However, it isn't recognizing ANY wireless connections. I live in a large complex with tons of them and nothing shows up. I've tried entering my information manually, but that isn't working either.

Anyone solve a similar issue? I've tried restarting the switch multiple times.
Hold the power button down for like 20 seconds until it does a hard reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

spasticColon posted:

So the Switch is still selling like hotcakes? I probably will get one but not until they come out with a thinner and lighter "Switch Lite". I'm kinda hoping they come out with one with a ~5 inch screen, thinner (meaning no stupid cooling fan), and of course lighter with better battery life.
Do you know how physics works? Just wondering.

• Locked thread