Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm in Washington state, and my order from Amazon changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' on the afternoon of the 1st and hasn't changed since. Next time I'll just buy it from Fred Meyer.

Check if they charged your credit card. The order update on the site might not change until it's actually delivered at your door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Crimson Harvest posted:

Yeah it was charged when the status changed.

I've preordered a lot of games from Amazon for first day delivery and they do stupid stuff like this all the time, not notifying you of shipping info. It's dumb when you order your special limited edition games from them only and fret that they might have screwed you.

If your order says it will arrive Friday then it probably will. If it doesn't then contact customer support and complain, they will usually reimburse you like 10 bux or a month of free prime and maybe you can find it in store somewhere else. I'm also waiting on my switch from them so I'm in the same boat :(

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

littlejoey posted:

It's going to take me ages to complete Zelda if I continue playing like I have - currently addicted to climbing the highest peaks and seeing if I can traverse over massive gaps with the glider.

Are there actually people out there trying to play this game linearly? Because I'm having fun just trying to hunt using bombs.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

not sure why it had to go on the bottom

they want to force the necessity of the dock to justify the high price, but they also hate you too.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

honestly those trees are a drat good climb. very satisfying.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've only found like six shrines but no cool npcs or locations,maybe I've just been unlucky.

try leaving the great plateua for once

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

what's the next game on the horizon.

persona 5

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My first playthrough is gonna be DLC and amiibo free. Subsequent ones will be good for messing around with the game via loot.

The DLC is just the shirt, some rupees and a few weapons, and the amiibos are mostly just rupees, basic weapons, and food, right? I'm not super far, vah rudania, but I'm so full on weapons/food/rupees all the time I'm not sure why I'd use amiibos except to make a second playthrough easier. I have my eye on the archer link, but that new nendoroid link looks so much better.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I'm going to start over some time and immediately bonk Ganon with a stick just to see if I can.

Yeah for me first playthrough is discovery, second playthrough is try to break the game.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Carrying around a switch is more pathetic than carrying around a purse so you might as well try to be fashionable and look hella good while playing your child games outside

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I left my first horse in a chasm. I assume he's doing ok just hanging out there, plenty of grass and stuff for him to see.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Can we talk about I'm Setsuna?

I have not heard a single good thing about Setsuna and I still want to try it just out of curiosity. It sounds like just another bad indie game preying on dumb nerds who have nostalgia for 90s games. The only good Chrono Trigger thing to come out in the past 10 years was the DS port.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dang, 4800 yen for that and I still haven't picked up blaster master zero for 10 bux

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I'm kinda convinced that people who seemingly really hate botw are trolls or that they seriously have something wrong with them? Like the cnet switch reviewer who said the kickstand was terrible, except this time its botw.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Apparently bomberman r is now almost 10 bux after shipping.... is it still worth that amount or should I just save it for something else??

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Hmm okay, I was suspicious of even the $15+shipping on Amazon listings, but it was somewhat believable at least for Bomberman being that low on a secondary market. Didn't know it could be common for other games, too. Weird that they chose bomberman of all things to scam people, lol.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Lemming posted:

This is why nobody likes playing FPS's on PC, you constantly have to lift your hand to recalibrate the mouse position. It's a huge problem.

You can get a really huge mouse pad and drag your arm across it so you don't have to lift your hand too much during the actual action.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

or turn up the sensitivity like a gotdam normal person christ

i'm just picturing a bunch of old people swinging their mouse wildly all over the mousepad like they're riding a fuckin bouncy horse in an earthquake and the cursor moves like an inch

recentering gyro controls is good and cool though

lower sensitivity is much better on PC for FPS games :) i see what you mean though

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

get you a mouse that can do both

seriously though i know it varies by game but having your mouse sensitivity so low that you need to pick up and move the mouse is pretty :psyduck: to me

i meant the sensitivity is low enough that you have better accuracy/hit scan, not that it takes a whole arm length to just look right lol. turning it up is good for times when you're playing genji in OW or something.

i'd only really ever drag my hand across if i get flanked, which solves the problem of never needing to pick up the mouse and still having the sensitivity low enough for accuracy

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I am if they use Amazon shipping rather than USPS or UPS. Amazon delivery people are the worst and typically skip their rounds, say it was delivered or undeliverable, and then wait until the next day to deliver.

Yeah, amazon's own delivery service is loving terrible and is usually why your "release day arrival" is always delayed.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

They should release Starcraft 64 on the virtual console.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Their handheld focused console is the 3DS. They don't seem very interested in phasing out the 3DS anytime soon.

A second version of switch will probably just have the same functionality, just bigger/better or something. Like a big fuckoff ipad sized switch for people who like to play it in handheld or kickstand mode.

Or maybe they'll upgrade the rail system and just focus on different attachments. Like some dumb VR headgear attachment, although I don't know about the hardware capabilities to allow VR gaming, and it defeats the purpose of docked mode. Maybe we'll get a modular system so you can switch while you switch.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Why are you hitting home runs and field goals in a robot racing game?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

next zelda will let you kiss link

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

I hear they're making a Pokemon TCG app and if that turns out to be true I will be all over that and will most likely end up spending shameful amounts of money on that poo poo.

I'm pretty sure they already have a pokemon tcg mobile app. It's the same as the desktop version.

edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pokemon.pokemontcg&hl=en

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

luckily i dont think he makes games anymore

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I've been having fun with thumper so far and I like how intense it can feel at times

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

From now on also Metroidvania style games will instead be called "Castletroids".

I call them "disappointing indie games"

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Whens bloodstained

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dizz posted:

I never did like Fire emblem, admittedly I only played one of the GBA versions but I'm gonna assume it's like pokemon where the games might improve, they're all still the same in terms of mechanics.

Its core gameplay is still ok but the games are basically anime now. I liked playing conquest but the story was so bad. I look forward to saying the same thing about disgaea 5 soon.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Anime... good.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

atlus makes good games,however all japanese games are for perverts (me)

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Golashes posted:

I bought Disgaea 5 because I'm a disgusting human. I'm guessing I should not use all the bonus content (at least at the start) because the characters are overpowered as gently caress?

You can break the game really early with or without the bonus content so it's up to you how you want to play. The 1 million HL will help save a lot of time grinding, since you can get there eventually on your own.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Pakistani politics posted:

I finally beat the boss of level 6 of Thumper after trying for like a week. And I got the bad ending in Blaster Master Zero. And I beat Zelda (but am missing 3 memories)!

Any suggestions for a downloadable game? I don't really want Wonder Boy. I am thinking maybe Kamiko or something. Or maybe I'll just keep playing FFVI for SNES in the meantime.

edit: if I could get to a store I might pick up Disgaea, but I am recovering from surgery and can't really drive for a while.

Disgaea is on the eshop, but I get wanting a physical copy instead. I've been playing it a lot, and having it on mobile is so convenient.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kirios posted:

FFXV, despite being a mess in parts, is actually a pretty freaking great game. It's the best FF since 10 at least.

I would love FF7 Remake to be on that level.

I really wanted to like FFXV but there were so many bad things that got in the way of me being able to enjoy it.

FF7 remake shouldn't be a complicated mess imo, people just want to play the dumb game. The first disc is pretty weird. Like house enemies that launch nukes at you, the entire don corneo chapter... Just give me that dumb game.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

why are people so mad at metroid scantron 2017

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

Eew. I just watched the Xenoblade 2 trailer and it made me wonder if I misremembered how much I liked the first one.

Do we know if it brings anything significant and new to the table? Or is it just different content with similar sensibilities, which were very refreshing way back when?

Your waifu is now your blade and she charges you up during fighting, I guess.

I'm watching the demo on youtube right now and the game doesn't look great.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

Probably better just to not make a fan game.

Make your own loving poo poo; if you have what it takes to design a quality game through and through, your original game will do well. Spending a insufficiently long amount of time to make a strikingly average game that relies on someone else's IP is never the way to go.

I don't think people make fan games for money or anything. Some people like spending their free time making stuff like AM2R instead of posting on a dead forum like I do.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

multiplayer involves 1v1 hat flipping/breakdance and parkour battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I'm hoping DBZ story mode will just be an hours long anime movie.

• Locked thread