Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

it's not looking too good for the bill at the moment. they clearly do not have 50 votes in the senate. remains to be seen if they can work out a compromise.

The Kochs are also opposing it full-force because it's not a full repeal. Americans for Prosperity is openly threatening GOP congressmen who vote for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

So now they're bringing it to the House floor without even that meager sop to older citizens?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dmitri-9 posted:

And the DNC can't even be bothered to say anything at all. I've heard a lot from Chaffetz, Doll Eyes, Turtle Club, Trump but not Pelosi or Reid.

The House Dems spent 27 straight hours clowning on the thing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/844978878091350016

freedom caucus working hard to make sure that their demands can't be met

These people don't even know what it is they're cutting or why, do they.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

37?! Wow it's gone up like 10 in the past day.

Internally there was probably some tipping point where the GOP caucus collectively went "oh thank christ, we can abandon this ship"

BlueBlazer posted:

Clowns that have the ability to screw all of us.

I have that DVD

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Either the Republicans are humiliated or millions of Americans including myself become significantly closer to death so I'm calling this a win-win situation

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sloober posted:

GOP has had a bogeyman to raise or make people fear about for the entirety of this last decade, they're not giving up their cash cows. What are they going to run off of if abortion is banned and the PPACA is gone?

Literally i have no idea what they could use? At some point when we hit 0% taxes they won't be able to use that either. Where would they go? Maybe go full religious war with anyone non-denominational or w/e

Transgender rights are the latest front in the culture war, far as I know.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

This is basically what's gonna happen. All this whinging over the current attempt at passing the AHCA is a smokescreen to hide Price gutting the ACA. We're fighting the wrong battle.

It's not a smokescreen, it's Trump refusing to accept a loss and screaming at the GOP to keep trying until they get it right. They'll try to gut it anyway, but this is not a calculated maneuver.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

so what's your income level arkane? I like how you just ignore the questions that you know will expose how completely full of poo poo you are. If you aren't getting a subsidy but can afford coverage then you that means you make a pretty decent amount of money, and are probably just mad that poors and minorities are helped by the ACA.

He's a literal millionaire.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alligator Horse posted:

The real danger I see deriving from the House victory is that both chambers know the base was promised repeal/replace. What specific form that takes isn't as important as dealing a devastating blow to Obama's legacy. The Senate knows this. The HFC are saber rattling trying to dissuade the Senate from making sweeping changes to the bill, but at the end of the day Trump and Ryan are going to whip hard as can be once the Senate's version—should it pass—makes it back down to the House.

Please tell me why I'm wrong so I can relax a lil' bit, tia.

You're not wrong.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I'll believe it when I see its corpse. Only the grim brooding desert gods know what really took place, etc., etc.

That tweet was posted last night, it hasn't been confirmed, and if it was true then its likes/retweets would have skyrocketed by now. Probably wishful thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The bill prohibits using healthcare funds to set up single payer.