Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is this insanity going to pass, are we in for a huge blow to healthcare across the country, and will the GOP suffer any blowback from this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress the GOP, the money-grubbing assholes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

evilweasel posted:

They can talk about it, but what's making Republicans real nervous (and is part of the reason for the GET THIS DONE BEFORE ANYONE CAN OBJECT) is that a lot of those people are their constituents, and will put 2 and 2 together when they actually lose their health insurance instead of just those other people losing theirs.

It took people almost six months to realize that actually, Trump was gonna gently caress them over, so I have no faith in them realizing this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GenJoe posted:

Can you repeal EHB through reconciliation? I thought the whole point was that it at least tangentially had to be related to the federal budget, which EHB wouldn't fall under?

Who cares? The whole thing is Calvinball anyway. You can do literally whatever you want if you have a big enough stick.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Noctone posted:

If the next 46 months are anything like the first two have been then I can't wrap my head around how anyone could ever again trust Republicans to govern. Everything about how they've handled this bill has been insanely inept.

Deceit and bigotry.

evilweasel posted:

It's a mistake to think of this as a thing "Republicans" are doing. It's a dispute between people with very different goals from each other. All of them can tell you a "repeal and replace" bill they'd vote for. It's getting 216 to agree on one that's the problem.

Pfft, I'm pinning this on all Republicans no matter what. Them, Trump, and Trump voters.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Monkey Fracas posted:

So if they vote and it's essentially doomed to fail who but the most deranged right-wing lunatic in the safest, reddest district would actually vote for this death sentence?

this guy on the house feed i guess.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Discendo Vox posted:

My concern is that there have enough power just through HHS to genuinely crater ACA markets, spike premiums, drive insurers out, etc, that a repeal starts seeming plausible to the ignorant public.

Yeah, we're not done yet. We need to start holding the HHS's feet to the fire, and letting people know whenever they step out of line.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Discendo Vox posted:

Joementum's killing it.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/845384576109285377

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that during this term, in the next two years, the administration could destroy insurance markets, and make the public think "it's Obamacare's fault, the Republicans were right, I need more freedom to choose". And then they pass something much like what we just got.

Joementum is Dave Wiegel?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Peven Stan posted:

Lmao epipen two pack at Walgreens now up to 762 usd for express scripts.

ExpressScripts is a joke and a total ripoff. My workplace has it and I might as well not have insurance for my medicines.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

clockworkjoe posted:

My fear is Trump and Price sabotage the ACA so badly that it will be essentially repealed anyway. Then they'll offer a similar lovely plan to the AHCA that is an improvement over the heavily sabotaged ACA and try to use that as a bludgeon against the Democratic party.

This is basically what's gonna happen. All this whinging over the current attempt at passing the AHCA is a smokescreen to hide Price gutting the ACA. We're fighting the wrong battle.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There was a nice poll that showed that the majority of people will blame Republicans for the failure of Obamacare. So,

I trust nothing. I see darkness and hell before me. I have such wonderful things to show you all :cenobite:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Interesting strategy now that Obamacare is polling positive for the first time in its existence.

With who? Democrats and Independents? Rs still think it's the devil. Remember, this is a tribal war at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

You don't seem to understand that Healthcare is a limited resource.

Bullshit. We have more than enough healthcare to go around. What we're short on is money, and that's because the money-grubbing thieves in power on both sides nothing but grift and cut taxes for the ultrarich, loving everyone else over.