Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

brainwrinkle posted:

I'm nearing the end about 100 hours in and I just want the game to be over. Everything about it is insanely good, but everything is also slightly too long.

have you tried not playing 100 hours in 2 weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zas posted:

~gaming in the abe years~

Yeah this whole game feels like "gently caress the japanese government" in a waaaaaay more direct way than I've ever seen a Japanese game be

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just found out the Dr raises guts but my guts isn't high enough to hang out with her lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just beat palace 2. Am I supposed to be doing Mementos requests because I don't really feel like it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Foxhound posted:

I did one run of Mementos between every palace. Tried to gather as many requests as possible and knock them all out at the same time. It's a decent place to get some loot and personas you might have missed in the palaces. IIRC it's tied to the Moon arcana as well and that's a very good confidant that you want to level.

Oh right I forgot he wants me to do that stuff

I feel like the confidant system is much better thought out and integrated into the rest of the gameplay than S Links

Also my guts is still level 1 and the guts raising S link requires it to be at 2, and now I have a bunch of other new s links I wanna do isntead. oops

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like persona 5 because the theme is "society is poo poo and hosed up stuff happens" which strongly resonates with me

Like it's good that every Confidant is a little lovely in some ways

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Harrow posted:

There's one social link that requires each of the stats to be maxed, and a few others have requirements to start them or reach certain points. I'll spoiler out the social links. Rank 5 is maximum for a social stat.
  • Knowledge: Rank 3 required to start Priestess; rank 5 required to max Star.
  • Kindness: Rank 2 required to start Lovers; rank 4 required to start Hermit; rank 5 required to max Heirophant.
  • Guts: Rank 2 required to really start Death; rank 3 required to start Temperance; rank 4 required to start Hanged Man; rank 5 required to max Hanged Man.
  • Charm: Rank 3 required to start Star; rank 5 required to max Priestess.
  • Proficiency: Rank 4 required to max Emperor; rank 5 required to start Empress.
I think that's all of them.

As for ways to increase them, nothing is really missable. Check books out of the library at school and read them (and make sure you always have a book you haven't read because sometimes you get free time to read on the train to school). Other than that, some repeatable things you can do to increase stats are:
  • Knowledge: Studying at the Shibuya diner when it's raining gives you good Knowledge. You'll also get little trickles of Knowledge here and there for answering in-class questions correctly.
  • Kindness: Buy plant nutrients at the flower shop in Shibuya (and, later, Shinjuku) and feed the plant in your room whenever it needs nutrients. Hanging out with the Tower confidant also increases Kindness.
  • Guts: Big Bang Burger Challenge always gives a bunch of Guts, even if you fail. You'll also get a small amount for hanging out with the Death confidant.
  • Charm: Taking a bath at the bathhouse near Leblanc gives a bunch of Charm. You can also get Charm for hanging out with the Devil and Sun confidants.
  • Proficiency: The best repeatable way to increase Proficiency is crafting infiltration tools. You also get some for hanging out with the Hanged Man confidant.

You can always buy back any Persona you've had from the Compendium in the Velvet Room.

This is exactly what I needed thank you

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Makoto is A2 from Nier

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sefal posted:

I really want a hd remaster of Nocturne.
Don't change anything. Just upscale it and add trophies.

Switch please so I can run around with it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mycophobia posted:

p5's biggest flaw is that yusuke isnt a relationship option. there i said it.

Half his confidant ranks are about people confusing you for a couple even

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I noticed that clue also and I'm at he point where it's about to pay off but it's like clearly obvious to me already

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I thought I wouldn't make it but I think I'm gonna be able to max everyone except Makoto and Iwai

I still didn't max charm lol. That's some bullshit requirement for how early you get her

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Item Getter posted:

I kind of don't want to max the party member s. links because the ultimate personas don't look as cool as the starting ones

It's a totally different artstyle, when I unlocked the first one I was like "Wtf is this" but as you get more you realize they're all kinda going for that weird psychedelic look

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hubris.height posted:

games never changes

really stoked to be making solid progress towards platinum. secret boss would be tough without akechi

Oh is that what people do?

I really liked P5 but it was so long and took up so much of my life I don't think I can ever go for the plat, and if I play it again it's gonna have to be years from now

I dunno why, it felt like it took over in a way a lot of games don't.

I also think the game would've worked much better if the dungeons were shorter but there were more of them

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If you want infinite money certain bosses in mementos can be confused. If you go in there with the MC only and a persona with very high luck (gives more money) and confuse them over and over they'll keep tossing money at you

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

Shido's boss fight is so long and boring and I died on the last loving turn and I wanna smash my monitor fffuuuu

The average level in that dungeon shoots up because I guess people do the reaper farming trick before they fight him

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Endgame rotation is like

Start with persona that buffs party attack
MC Debilitate
Ryuji Charge
Ann Concentrate
Makoto Buff defense

MC Charge
Ryuji hit
Ann hit
Makoto Heal

MC Hassou Tobi

battle over

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

brainwrinkle posted:

When I look at my iPhone after an hour of 3DS gaming everything looks too loving sharp

Because the 3DS has 6 total pixels (3 for the left eye and 3 for the right)

I was so surprised by the switch because of this

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

folder posted:

newb question: is there an actual limit to the number of confidants i can max out in one game, or is it just that there's not enough time to do everyone, so to speak

On my first play through I got very close (all but 2) without looking up too much beforehand.

I did know about :

Stat gates coming up in some cases: some characters you can't level at all without some rank 5 social stats, which I mostly read about beforehand. Some are ridiculously tight, you have 1 month to max a character that needs 5 proficiency so I hope you have 5 proficiency at that point!

I say mostly because one party member you get really early needs 5 charm and I never maxed her because of it

Fortune rank 7: lets you get some social link points without wasting time once a day, so you bounce between people about to level and use this every single day on the rest until they're about to level up. If I actually did this all the time I would have maxed everyone, it gives you a lot of breathing room. At some point spending any single day not ranking someone up is a waste of time

Between those 2 I maxed everyone except for the confidant who needed 5 guts and the one who needed 5 charm, the stat gating messed up my planning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

I know my wife bought me the vinyl soundtrack for p5 for Christmas cause I saw the box when it shipped here. Gonna be cool

That’s awesome

My wife got me a nes classic and said I couldn’t find the snes then brought me the snes the next day

• Locked thread