Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zore posted:

Yeah, she's naturally pretty goofy. Its just the poo poo going on during the intro, what with her best friend trying to commit suicide and all the pressure for sex from the teacher, makes her very much in a 'gently caress your poo poo' mood.

Go for Hifumi, friend.

Or suck it up and date all the girls.

I would love to play D&D with Hifumi but I dunno about dating her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Zore posted:

Look, if you can't date someone you can play D&D with, who can you date?

Otherwise you could always date the all the older ladies like the drunk reporter, or the doctor who experiments on you, or your teacher who you pay to come to your house as a cat maid all the time.

Does Hifumi have any "lets go to the movies" scenes because I imagine they're uhhh...interesting if they exist

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

I havent heard any walkin' around music better than Heartbreak, Heartbreak yet unfortunately

Beneath the Mask is easily as good :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh yeah I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know if Mementos is required for an ending or something? Because I've basically completely ignored it since it got introduced in favor of social life and TRIALS OF THE BURGERS.

Get caught up on Mementos. It seems optional but isn't really.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Personally I just hope that this game doesn't end with lol I'm some demonic god who wants to destroy the world and you'll fight me now.

I thought it was a bit dumb in P4 and to a lesser extent P3 when they abandoned the intimate, more personal scale of those games for apocalyptic threats, and I suspect I won't like it here either if the game becomes about that (And it seems like it will based on some things I've heard Igor say so far). Hopefully I'm wrong or at least that it will be integrated better.

You know it will tho

But it's Persona so the apocalyptic death gods are invariably phantoms of our own collective psyche so that makes it a little better I guess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wow, Sae, you're kind of a bitch.

Yeah she has some "woah what the the gently caress lady" moments.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Anyone know if/where you can buy Black weapons? I found where you buy Black accessories and you can get Black armor from fishing, but idk where to get weapons.

Are those significant

I found some kind of Black Kodasomething for the protagonist and it seemed rather weak. The name and description seemed odd so I decided to keep it. This was in the first Palace I think.

Also I really do not understand the fixation on Goro. The chalk drawing of him in the classroom was super good though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

JT Jag posted:

So I was really down on Makoto from the very moment she was first introduced, all through the Dungeon 3 run-up

And then she summoned her Persona

Repent, sinner.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, the rank 10 scene for Toranosuke was REALLY GOOD. I'm starting to slightly regret not following that 100% guide, if only because it means I'll miss out on other rank 10 scenes...

Once you've accepted that you aren't getting 100% you can then start figuring out who the sacrificial lambs are.

Like in my case it's probably Fortune. I unlocked her but she seems drop dead boring so more time for the links I do care about.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 8, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

So what level is everybody when they start the fourth dungeon?

30 here

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

geri_khan posted:

Any suggested way to grind for charm?

Best way I know of is the bath but it feels like slow going.

Sun and Devil confidants both give substantial Charm per rank

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I cannot get over Ann's knocked down pose. Really guys?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

So, Makoto. :stare:

Sure let's having a nice bit of pure seething rage hidden there.

She mad.

She real real mad.

Makoto voted "most likely to become a spree shooter if she hadn't found an outlet"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Moltrey posted:

This game has so many good animations, it's crazy.

So far my faves are the Baton Pass animation, you and your crew just high fiving each other to tap in and out. Also how when you open a locked chest, your party members will like, put their arm on your shoulder to get a better look at your loot

Everyone's different move out animation after battle also never gets old

Yusuke has the best locked chest animation. He's all indifferent examining his nails or whatever "hmm yes treasure how gauche"

Then once you pry it open he lunges over to look over your shoulder WHATS IN THE BOX WHATS IN THE BOX WHATS IN THE BOX

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Playstyle choice perhaps, I only really care about knocking things down for the all-out attack that will kill them regardless of which damage spell I used. More efficient sp use allows for longer dungeon forays which allows for more experience and cash etc. I like having the t2 and higher spells for boss fights where all outs aren't typically available but for getting through dungeons? Eh.

I should maybe also note that the last time I went through Mementos I went through about 25 floors so maybe I am just a crazy person.

If tier 2+ skills pose a legit SP concern for you you've done hosed up. Go get SP 3 accessories from Tae. Never give a poo poo about SP again.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Final boss of palace 4 got a four hit combo off of successive crits, killing Joker in the process.

The boss had a barely visible sliver of health left. :shepicide:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Moltrey posted:

jesus christ ann

"hey for being cool friends with me, i got you this idol poster and an actual chocolate fountain"

A better friend than any of us deserve

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Tae posted:

He's shortcutting a lot of it, because remember, this whole retelling was supposed to be short. "I don't have much time here."

For example I think you can infer that I don't think the protagonist ever told Sae that Futaba and Alibaba were the same person

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Saigyouji posted:

Of course, if it's being shortcutted, it makes it even more silly that Sae somehow doesn't make the connection between Futaba and the "skilled hacker" that she mentions you must have known when you start the Hermit link.

Not necessarily. If she only understood the case in terms of "Futaba is someone who's heart we stole to get Alibabas help" then the identity of Alibaba would remain quite mysterious. He could have easily left out the information that made identifying them as the same person possible

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Man dating Futaba feels wrong for a lot of reasons.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

sun always levels up when you do it. 10 times is all thats needed.

and yeah, you can bank mementos quests. go in when you got alot.

especially because sojiro asks you not to date her when you finish his confidant.

She feels way more like a slightly younger sister than a potential love interest.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I was a giant dumbass and didn't take the "I'm a dad" dialogue option, can anyone summarize the results or better yet find a clip

:negative:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Haru you are a cool character but please stop huffing helium

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Makotos upgraded Persona simultaneously owns and sucks I have never been so conflicted

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The one thing I wish I could find is a good list of what Personas reduce into what skill cards

Curse and Gun Boost in particular :argh:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I feel bad about turning Haru down. She is legitimately pretty down about it :smith:

Maybe in NG+ Haru. You still have my favorite thief costume.

Please huff less helium tho

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

My only beef with the events of December in this game

The whole police station escape plot and 60+ minutes of laughing at Goros lovely attempts at duplicity was wonderful. Overall the twist was wonderfully executed but holy poo poo the scene of Goro and Shido monologuing their backgrounds and motivations at each other. What the hell was that?

It doesn't bring the game down much but talk about loving ham handed. There had to be a more elegant way.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The Gorp posted:

The game seems to ship characters for you.
Ann - Ryuji
Makoto - You
Yosuke - Futaba
Haru - Cat

I was going to romance Makoto but then I realized that's what they wanted me to do.
Rise up.

Yusuke and Futaba antagonizing each other over dumb petty poo poo is really good.

As is their respectful and in depth discussion of the aesthetics of sentai

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Lakbay posted:

The only RPG I've ever heard of doing that is Baldur's Gate 2 where Haer Daelis would could out with Aerie if you didn't do anything

Mass Effect did it. Tali and Garrus got together in the third game if left to their own devices.

As for Haer'dalis he actually goes after Aerie regardless :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

No, Adachi is way more likable than Goro after all.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Moltrey posted:

Not even joking, I feel they set up a lot of pins that allowing you to kiss the boys would knock down.

I fully expect Persona 5 Golden to let me love Goro hard enough so he doesn't do a crime

okay this is just a completely a lie. you are telling falsehoods

In both cases the likability is so small it can only be seen and measured by a microscope

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

There is not enough evidence to conclude anything about Yusukes sexuality

We know with 100% certainty though that he is a space cadet and a grade A goober though

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

I really wish Yusuke moved into Leblanc for more than a single night. It would've been nice to have a roommate who DOESN'T yell at you to go to sleep at 8pm most nights.

Same. Be my spacey adopted brother Yusuke.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Hey I'll probably use Haru and something tells me Haru is probably not optimal, so :shrug:

She is actually. From a strictly optimization standpoint there is no reason to use a party lineup other than Ryuji/Makoto/Haru

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I like Harus animation for swinging around her loving battleaxe. It's clearly kind of overlarge and unwieldly for her but she's way into axe murdering dudes so ya know whatever. You go girl. :unsmith:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Saigyouji posted:

Haru's follow up animation is great. Just leap through the air with that axe.

Where's my fanart of Axe Crazy Haru seriously

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

:vince:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

On the topic of dateable girls I will say that Haru is a very Arsene choice.

I've got a criminal record ruining my job prospects? Not if I charm a wealthy heiress motherfuckersssss

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Ryuji started doing a Lupin III hand grab when he was looking at Ann in the bikini, and I guess she got the ref too because she just started play hitting him. This doesnt relate to what you said at all im just stream of conciousness posting.

Ann is a chill ladybro and I too enjoyed that scene. It certainly wasn't the stereotypical response I was expecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Goro is never mentioned again, not even the sentiment of his existence appears for the Confidant based stuff. Even Shinjiro got like a lost "You go buddy" in for P3, idk what happened with Goro that he just vanishes from pure existence.

Not directly but

There's a news report later that talks about a body that has lacerations and has indications it was dumped from elsewhere. I took that to be referring to Goro, as you do not hear the beginning or the end.

TBH I'd rather he stay dead. Dude's still a psychotic murderer at the end of the day, a redemption plot would feel gross as hell. The fact that the redemption didn't work was my favorite part of that scene.