Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
...Why would you not want to date Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Moltrey posted:

lets not forget the actual motorcycle persona

No, but we will apparently forget the best thing about it:

The motorcycle is also the Pope

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Man, the requisite transfer student is getting edgier and edgier with every iteration

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yukiko is in an unfortunate position of being pretty bad but an understandable kind of bad, and she still manages to be better then almost everyone else.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Terper posted:

I don't believe you

I can't believe that Winter 2014 is nearly here at last.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Can Shogi girl be my Waifu in this game?

She is best girl, so

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

boy are my arms tired posted:

bring back imagine imo

The worst thing was its closing statement was a sequel tease. One day....

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Harlock posted:

Is anyone here buying the PS3 version?

Ayup. I'm sure not buying a PS4 just for this.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

If it works like every other PS4 game that pulls that poo poo, you'll be able to turn the game on after the first 4gb are done and stare at the title screen/watch the attract video over and over and over again until it actually finishes.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

lets hang out posted:

Yakuza 0 just came out, was localized

I think I spotted your problem

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Andrast posted:

I can't believe someone would play Persona 5 in something that isn't the original english

You have not experienced Persona until you've played it in its original Klingon.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Healbot posted:

My EU version of P5 is acting really weird with Japanese voices, in that every voiced line triggers a music change, no voice overs. :eyepoop:

Yet more evidence for the thread's thesis entitled English Dubs Rule, Japanese Dubs Drool

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Healbot posted:

Shoji Meguro voices all the characters.

I can't wait for the DLC soundtrack remix that is just Lotus Juice doing everything a cappella.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Shoehead posted:

My only gripe atm is that no single sign so far has been in English

Hello, welcome to All Anime Ever, please enjoy your stay.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Because, as has already been mentioned repeatedly, they were directed to do that by the director. And also, way more importantly, Atlus Japan.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bad guy does villain things. Is not glorified for them and actively gets punished.

1/5 worst game ever.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Tae posted:

The first two murders in Inaba were women

And they died because they wouldn't have sex with the dude that killed them at that! Even the underage school girl, but I guess that only counts as weird and creepy when it's a bad guy in Persona 5 instead.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I can romance Way Too Intense Shogi Girl right

Well, she is best girl and that would be impossible otherwise so

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

This is the only game I've ever played where I can just let the attract screen roll everytime.

Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There is one of the best anime OPs in a longass time. It's so good :allears:

Sucks that Makoto and Haru don't get to do some sweet rain skating of their own tho'

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm still glad the surviving Sudama from IMAGINE got a promotion for their hard work in the field of aggravating as many people as possible by exploding from off-camera.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Ineffable posted:

Can any UK goons confirm that a downloadable version is available on the PS3?

There is, yeah. It's the version I got

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

enojy posted:

Eh screw hard difficulty in this game. You do indeed get like maybe 1/3 the exp

The only difficulties that affect EXP (and yen) are Safety which gives you a massive boost and Merciless which gives you a little under half of the normal values. Hard gives you the same as Normal gives you the same as Easy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, I missed the vending machines in Shibuya for a little while so I had to take a tiny second trip to Kamoshida's Palace for the two Eligor fights and lovely Blob Mara, because I had no SP since like the Archangel (boy am I glad he had the most obvious pattern ever!) and no items left either. That was annoying but I feel like I made up for it to myself by beating the boss at level 9 on Merciless. Tarukaja + Rakunda + Skull Cracker was ludicrous for that fight.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It makes the most sense, since out of the Phantom Thieves she is the best.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

I'm going to be honest, guys: I don't know which girl to date.

Hifumi and no one else.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

fadam posted:

I've never really played a Persona game before, how badly can I gently caress my poo poo up if I don't follow a guide?

Paradoxically then, following a guide might be the worst mistake you could make. The optimal guides (and thus far only one for this particular game!) presume you already know what you're doing in order to minimise time dungeon crawling and expect you to be able to clear everything in one run. If you've never played any Persona before, this can be a pretty hefty challenge - especially early on.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Almost all Palace themes own, but Price is amazing. It's not quite as good as Whims of Fate but it's very, very close.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've been wondering the same thing. But it's probably best to err on the side of caution and assume that they don't spill over, just in case.

It's a reasonable presumption since they didn't in 3 and 4 and so far there's no reason to presume that's changed here.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Does anyone know how often vending machines restock? I found two machines so far that sell drinks that restore 5 SP for 300 yen.

Every Monday.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Moltrey posted:

They reference Naoto and you see Rise on posters

das it

Kanami too, for all the little that matters :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

In the second Palace, Apsaras was pretty good from what I found; she gave between 2200 and 2900 a pop.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Arist posted:

Is there a guide just for Strength?

The one walkthrough on GameFAQs has it as a separate section before the main schedule, for whatever reason. It's... functional enough, though it expects you to grind way more than necessary for some of them.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

No yeah that one's great. Especially since it's basically just Mysterio from Spider-Man but you can see into the helmet.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Gourmet King is so awful, he wraps around to being great.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

slev posted:

Knowledge feels like it takes forever to raise compared to everything else.

Nothing new there, unfortunately. I don't even get it at this point; I don't think there's anything important or super-useful gated behind the exams this time around?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

They're not numbered, but Mishima periodically sends you request from the Phan-Site which are the "official" sidequests. There's technically other stuff too though like the Batting Cage or TRIAL OF THE BURGER

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

"Time to button mash" is way better dude, c'mon. :colbert:

Meiteron posted:

SOMEONE is going to link the Mot video from Nocturne if I don't bring it up and let me get ahead of that by saying while that was total bullshit it was also one demon with a nasty combination of abilities and not every demon can just infinitely chain Megidolaons whenever they want

The real reason that doesn't really count is because it's obviously a glitch. Every other demon with Beast/Dragon Eye can only use it once a turn and that's it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

geri_khan posted:

Also I can't get over the idea that we have Nuclear damage. That's great.

Nuclear is from Persona 1 and 2 where it was one of the types of Almighty damage. Psychokinesis meanwhile is from Devil Summoner 1. As in actual Devil Summoner 1, for the Saturn. It's cool to see them brought back but I'm also kind of disappointed they didn't go all the way and just include Gravity again (and Force as well but that's almost never around WITH Wind anyway so whatever).

That they didn't break Phys and Gun down into their ridiculous constituent components is more understandable given how everyone has different weapons of each type and all so just umbrella-ing them makes sense at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Even if he didn't rape Shiho, he DID also confess very explicitly to attempting to rape Ann, which then gets repeated about a half-dozen times, so you really have to not be paying attention to miss that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Negotiation gives you the EXP for that demon and nothing else. If you kill everything except one and then negotiate, you get the full EXP and only miss out on the yen and drop attempt of the last one, which doesn't matter that much in practice.