Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Razzled posted:

i never finished P3:FES D:
i got into it after p4g and couldn't get over losing the quality of life changes in combat... and i ended up rushing through the tower often to the point where now my save is like a couple days away from some big fight but I can barely kill anything anymore cause everyone is so underleveled.

Persona 3 Portable has Persona 4 improvements and some things that were added to Persona 4 Golden. People leave that part out while complaining about the lack of an anime cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Amazon price matched Walmart's PS3 version for $42.49 so the Amazon Prime price should be $34 if ordered now.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Persona-5-PS3/52539549

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/comments/5yp7j8/take_your_heart_edition_came_in_a_little_early/

Game shipped early to some people.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/841384241497759744

Atlus USA featuring a Japanese VA. What is happening?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This time around the whole "Japanese dub is better" crowd is going to hear the screeching mascot character.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The fact that Umio is P5 MC and Uzume is Futaba already made my choice for the first run.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Offisona:

You're a generic male Japanese office worker. While staying late waiting for the boss to leave...and wow the last thing I would want to do is explore a dungeon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

This will probably be cheaply attached to the normal retail box with some plastic wrap if it's like some other Atlus bonuses I've seen recently.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

wizard on a water slide posted:

Has anybody here who's pre-ordered with a brick and mortar outlet contacted or heard from them since this broke?

Atlus has already said Amazon is full of poo poo. In kind corporate wording of course.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember to do digital preorders before April 1st if PSN is going to start collecting tax in your state.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

fine we'll send them to itt tech instead

I've got some bad news for you....

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
$50 games in 1996 (when Persona was released) are $77.63 and the $60 titles are now 93.16. Budget $45 titles would now be $69.87

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
6 hours 30 minutes until Persona 5 Complete Edition is announced by Atlus Japan.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Simple Simon posted:

So, a weird question.

Should I buy P5 and get and old out my old PS3 (tho I haven't used it for 2-3 years) or should I borrow my friend's PS4 (he hasn't really used it much and he fine with me borrowing it for 2 or 3 weeks) and get it there?

Is the graphics better/smoother frame rate or no big difference?

Nothing big unless you're looking at them side by side for loading times or NPCs in a crowd.

Plus you won't be pressured to finish. Walmart.com and Amazon price match has it for $42.49 as well.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 27, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

Most of them have been around for 2-3 years excepting Cassandra Morris, Cherami Leigh, and Matthew Mercer. The problem is none of the people they got have any real character to their voices, Cherami Leigh is miscast to hell and sounds bad as Makoto, and they made Mercer sound like Shatner for some reason.

It says a lot when the most prominent roles that two of the newer VAs have is the Smash 4 announcer and Saitama from One Punch Man. Meanwhile Nier Automata has about as many new people relatively and sounds very good and Berseria has a ton of really good VAs who are spread out between newer and older. Hell, Ryuji's VA voices Shigure in Berseria and sounds really good there.

don't you dare insult Umio

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you plan on buying digital, do it before Saturday. Sony's going to start charging tax in several states starting on the 1st.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Digital will unlock at 12:01 am EST Tuesday morning. No matter what timezone.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

p4 had a lot of social links where you felt like this adult lady really wanted to gently caress the mc
i didn't play enough of p3 to know if its also present there someone tell me

The P3 MC and his teacher bond over an MMO and become internet girlfriend and boyfriend. In the epilogue that wraps up social links, he drops his cell phone and the background is a picture she sent. She's conflicted and runs off but there's no resolution thanks to the whole dying thing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lakbay posted:

Do the other premium themes have different music? If anyone has multiples of them

Yes.

E:
Protagonist theme is an instrumental version of the night theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeSyAgUvwHI

Yusuke and Morgana have the vocal part of the day theme. Ryuji is an instrumental
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEpWOGO3Lh4

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 31, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mailer posted:

This is fine except it's Persona writing so the romance option will be some obtuse thing and the path to love is selecting the Get Bent option back on rank 5.

The only two that might not have been obvious in Persona 4 was Ai and Naoto. Then again I remember someone in the Golden thread selecting "Hug Rise" even with the warnings.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Spoilers have been out there since the Japanese release and a really dedicated fan already filled out the SMT wiki. It's not something new.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Apparently the PS3 version is running on PC with emulator

Key word being "Running"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxVASSetmA

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 3, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

smenj posted:

Just noticed that none of the PS3 DLC is up on the store even though all the PS4 stuff is. They never said the extra language track and such would be PS4 exclusive, so I wonder when they'll put the PS3 stuff up.

Either midnight or sometime late tomorrow.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure some side comments were made about King Moron being a Risette fan.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Let's not ignore that aside from a few seniors, all the characters in Persona are under the age of 18. Actually, make that all of anime.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think the hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic also portrayed him in that way.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you aren't getting the game until tomorrow morning, you can have some fun watching people realize they can't live stream the game. Just look for the blue background.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Persona%205

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did they only record two NPC lines?

That's messed up
There's no time for that
That's messed up
There's no time for that

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is the game really going to pop up a "Screenshot cannot be taken" message every time I get a trophy?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

They tend to be seen as collectors items now so low print run and relatively expensive.

There's always people who absolutely NEED to have an item on the shelf. Even in this generation where the physical disk is just the tutorial mission with a 20gb game download.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Would have gone digital and started playing by now but the CE will be waiting for me today after work.

How long until you start dungeon delving?

I played two hours last night and am just going back to the first dungeon after the "Accidentally stumbled in and awakened MC's powers" sequence and being called a piece of poo poo a bunch.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/849329689592287233

TL/DR
Don't stream anything past 7/7 if you like your accounts.

Also, even in their attempt to say what not to spoil, they end up giving some pretty big clues. Replies to the tweet also spoil the game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remember them not wanting people to reveal the Persona Q plot twist, or the fact everything that happened was most likely forgotten by everyone but the Velvet Room attendants.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

On further inspection there is no sound at all, just music tracks.

Did I buy a defective product for €90?

delete the files and try again. I saw that reported on a twitter account and that's how they fixed it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 is available for the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 systems in both physical and digital format. It took 4 years since being announced to be released despite supposedly being ready for release 3 years ago on PS3.

7.2/10

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SettingSun posted:

Oh man the game's Wikipedia article is full of spoilers, Atlus will be MAD.

The SMT wiki has every detail of the characters based on the Japanese version

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man I got no idea how people make it through the palace in one day. I did it in 2 and it was still kinda tight at the end.

I did it in a day, but I did redeem Izanagi which let me save SP. Everyone ended up around LV15 by the boss so even at LV20 the advantage wasn't much.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

15!? I beat it with everyone at 10, getting to 11 from the boss fight... And it took me an extra day too. I mean I didn't get a cheaty DLC Persona but surely it shouldn't make that much of a difference!

I'm on safety mode. I don't know if that has an EXP modifier or not but I could easily dispatch demons with two regular attacks. The only issue was keeping them healed. It wasn't as concerning without a game over threat.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 4's BGM is "Time to Make History" and not "Reach Out to The Truth" FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE coming next year.

Yu is a playable character. Now to see if Joker is added.