Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Harrow posted:

There have been female S. Links you couldn't date in previous Persona games. This one's just weird in that it's the first time you actually can date the older women. I wouldn't be too surprised if that doesn't happen again anyway.

if they take away the older ladies in p6 im gonna loving RIOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

I'm still in my big first playthrough and man, I cheated a little looking up what her stuff does since everyone goes nuts over Fortune, honestly I don't get the hype.

Like I guess if you're going for a supermax 100% one run playthrough sure, but skipping the events with confidants seems like doing yourself a huge disservice with how good pretty much all of them have been.

you dont skip them lol, she gives you extra points to rank up faster

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Dont forget your accuracy boosts either. Trust me, it really loving sucks when your final ultimate hassou tobi only hits caroline

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I def recommend doing a second play through to max everyone and clean up. It's actually really easy ng+ Andy second play through really helped me appreciate everyone. For example, I went from makoto is best to Kawasaki is best, ty ng+

Pro tip

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I've wanted to bang my teacher in every single persona game, and Persona 5 finally delivered on that promise so stfu prudes

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Ugh, im replaying this game and the part where the game outright takes 2 weeks from your wallet and burns them so you can play with futaba and go on the school trip sucks loving rear end. Worst part of the game easily. I haven't played in days just because I don't want to deal with that poo poo. Anybody got an end dat so I know when I'm free again?

also the P5 school trip is lame as hell and it sucks compared to the P4 one

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

why does kawakami have so many loving roadblocks in her link. You can't get past seven during summer, because you have to be at school to get the cutscene. Then you have to do her mementos request. Then you rank her up again and start the romance, but you can't actually start it until the next time you rank up after that. One loving day, I'm getting hosed out of the hawaii date over one loving day. I so thought I was gonna get it this time dammit 😤😭

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

suck my rear end prude

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I swear to god if they take the older ladies out because of all the stupid bitching in p6 imma be so flippin mad

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Take Ohya please

Don't worry bro, I'm gonna try. She has the worst perks tho so shes on the backburner

I decided to try hifumis this time, I haven't done her hawaii date before so Its not all bad 👍🏻

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I don't get how lowering your awareness rate is even useful. You'd have to be super lovely at the game to be raising your awareness to the level it's necessary.

Yeah fr. Ohya's story isn't even bad, its just she provides straight up no benefit to you. I have no problems with her but 9 times outta ten I'm gonna hang out with someone else so I get something out of it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean, you could argue the same for Iwai.

But Iwai is a cool cat.

I mean, Iwai is on the backburner too since he has the worst stat gate in the whole game. seriously, whats the point of "unlocking" him in like may when it takes until like september to get 4 guts

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Seems like one of those "the literal least likely person to be the traitor must be a traitor! It has to be a fakeout!" Which I can kinda see, expecting a twist isn't entirely unreasonable in these types of stories But really, Akechi is so very obviously the traitor it's ridiculous.

Exactly, they're so obviously the traitor I really wouldn't blame people for thinking the game is trying to trick them

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Just stop making warriors games. Please.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

And they added a date with sae, so heres hoping they're adding that to royal too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wait does Japan do Valentine's Day on a different day?

No they're just trying to string people along until royal comes out in october