Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wow that is a detailed op.

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Captain Oblivious posted:

You're right it will be far better.

Let's not go to far

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well yeah that is because it was a Regan quote.

Trump is also just Regan of the times so it fits.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ramadu posted:

whats a shitpost about it? i just wanted to watch some anime but $ony is loving ME AGAIN

just a no videocamera signal and some bouncing smilies. just awful implementation

Localization rears its ugly head once again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That is a powerful title

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Motto posted:

Maybe I've just managed to carve out a better twitter niche than most people, but a lot of the people I'm seeing critique p5's loc are at least freelancers that also talk up translations they like

That doesn't contradict anything Tae said

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JT Jag posted:

It seems to me that people have just kind of gone stir crazy after waiting for Persona 5's English release for so long. I doubt people would be analyzing it for every tiny flaw this much if it had a normal release.

The little things don't really matter to me. I cut my teeth in the era of "The Miracle Never Happen".

Nah people will nitpick any translation if only to be smug.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Why the gently caress am I, leader and best one of the group, taking orders from a god damned cat? You know what, if I wanna go make some coffee I should go make some coffee I ain't gonna let some cat tell me "no wait you should go to sleep instead".

Joker can not function without 8 hours sleep the cat is looking out for you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But you would listen to the train

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't get how you use temperances benefits.

Like her cleaning and making coffee one specifically.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

slev posted:

You go to the washing machine or coffee and press x and then you press x again when it says you can call Kawakami to do it.

Wow I am dumb.

How about the slacking off.

It never seems available.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would play a Sae spinoff where you question suspects on completely obvious things

I want a Sae game were you have to contrive a reason why each and every one of the thieves friends directly contributed to his thievery.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It would be weird for the antagonist of a social link to be a random NPc.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Afternoon, thread. I hope I didn't miss any important discussion about LGBTQIA representation overnight.

Just one guy being weird

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I just started the hermit link and I don't think Sae is even listening any more

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Clarste posted:

I think it's implied that all her Confidant questions were asked at the very beginning of the interrogation. It doesn't make much sense for her to be asking about them after he starts telling the story.

I prefer the idea that I just spend five hours telling her about recruiting a hacker only for her to ask later.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wow, um the first fight I am getting stonewalled on is the shadow fight for the fortune memento.

I can hardly loving hurt him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Man I understand why they wanted to use the framing technique they did but I am after the trip and it really isn't working for me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

it's a cool framing technique but i think it should have just been after major plot beats, not at the start of literally every s. link

I mean more the fact that Sae is starting to believe me and I really don't understand why.

Especially considering it only works if the story you are telling her is extremely vague.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PirateBob posted:

Is it possible to save up more than one Mementos request and do more than one at a time? Spending two time slots on one mini-boss seems like a bit of a waste.

There is no limit to how many you can do

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No abilities take time as far as I am aware.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zore posted:

Making Coffee/Curry does

And infiltration tools.

That's a story unlock!

Fair point about the coffee tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Yusuke is my least favorite party member but only because the rest of the cast is so strong

Yeah he's kind of a bland character

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yusuke is the boring stock Wacky artist.

Even has the same poor vibes and all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like how people mention Ann getting dropped from the plot when Yusuke was never really in it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

yusuke is actually in the plot a decent amount, tho. he contributes a lot to the decision making scenes as the most levelheaded of the group besides makoto, and he has a lot of good gags in main story scenes, like his rant about medjed or lobsters. ann just does basically nothing besides be Ryuji's greek chorus.

Does this stuff happen after Palace 7 because I haven't seen anything besides the medjed gag and man that was pointless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

the medjed gag has a point in that it was funny

But nothing happened

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

him going on for several paragraphs while the other characters say literally nothing, is funny. this is what is known as a joke.

A bland joke for a bland man yeah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I dunno, like if it's just having a role in the group Ann basically ends up as the kindest and most empathetic member of the crew sort of? She's usually the most immediately sympathetic to new characters and the like. It's not much but neither is Yusuke's role really, though I suppose he is more memorable due to his incredibly good comedy scenes.

To be honest when it comes to driving the plot very few outside Morgana do anything.

It mostly just kind of falls into their laps.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Ann is this game's Chie. I mean, I like the both but their social links were boring as heck. It started out interesting then it turned into "I'm a model for funsies but now I'm gonna be one for realsies!" Whoopty poo poo. They could have went down a neat road involving xenophobia or discrimination but instead it just became "I'm going to become stronger and I'm going take this thing seriously!!!!!!!11" Definitely the weakest social link in the game, in my opinion.

You can't say that in a game with Yusuke.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also I got to say with how this was going it looked like haru was gonna be the traitor and that was much more interesting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You also like bland as gently caress Acheki what is wrong with you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

what the gently caress

I know right

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Because of Atlus Yusuke can not be part of the waifu wars.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

the entire ryuji/morgana arc has them both acting like out of character dumbasses so it was hard for me to really consider that part of either of their characters.

anyway, yeah, the mc in these games is always broken. heck, this game is probably better about it than p4 since some of the party members have semi-unique attributes.

I like the Morgana part and the beginning of Ryuji but then it get stretched to long.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dryzen posted:

yusuke threatened mc and ryuji not ann

That is a semantic difference

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dryzen posted:

he was going to call the cops whether or not ann stripped for his painting

That's not true

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's a shame the game ends after he calls the cops on you tho

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

the nude stripping stuff is awkward and weird but it's not too awful because yusuke legitimately wasn't creeping he just has the social skills of someone who was raised by wolves paint brushes

also the layered clothes goof was pretty good

Yusuke wanted to gently caress Ann.

Let's not pretend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Moltrey posted:

yusuke has literally never gotten a boner in his life

Didn't say he could.

But he wanted too.