Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

From another perspective, the loc process can also serve as another editing pass on the writing or content of the original release, as seen in Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Trails of Cold Steel, or just an opportunity to fill in some blanks and add appropriate personality where you can like Trails FC's chest messages or FFXII's bestiary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

grats to femc on avoiding PQ

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why wouldn't teenagers care about persona, I'm sure plenty of people here were when 3 or 4 came out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

like obviously im wrong since like fifty people jumped on me saying that but i also don't know that teenagers only like games about teenagers in high school

thankfully atlus has other franchises and games about teenagers not in highschool, and even adults

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alder posted:

I tried ToCS I just don't care enough about the characters to progress beyond intro. Also they feel very bland.

Trails' characters are good but CS probably has the weakest open by introducing a large cast in bulk then fleshing them out bit by bit in later chapters.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the hosed up part is that kirito's sister also has abs but none of the adaptations keep that

if anyone asks why I haven't watched past ep1 of sao this is why now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Norns posted:

Final fantasy 3 was the most expensive game I got in the 90s. It was 80 bucks.

What's that with inflation today?

~$130

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

wait people played suikoden 2

Yes?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

gently caress you beef chief

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

my buddy Superfly posted:

How does Dryzen run on the ps3? I'm not interested at all in spending 300 bucks on just a shinier dryzen.

you'd settle for a dull dryzen?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a fitting mascot for persona 3

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Christmas in July

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

destroy baby rat

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

People can do what they want with the game, I agree, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to mock people who refuse to use the dub.

Unless you know Japanese, there is zero reason to use the original Japanese VA and if you do, I think you're a weeb weirdo. You're free to do it, it's your game, but you're still a weeb weirdo.

I like dubs but lmao

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

owns

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Flagged, criminal

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

It's great that weebs and amateur translators get their yearly game of "Pay attention, I can speak the japanese and cherry pick the poo poo out of a localization!"

Maybe I've just managed to carve out a better twitter niche than most people, but a lot of the people I'm seeing critique p5's loc are at least freelancers that also talk up translations they like

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn't contradict anything Tae said

I wouldn't describe xseed employees as amateur translators

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

secret volcano lair posted:

There's plenty more like this going around.

Yes, they have. Including this thread. While I think it's worth discussing, charging into page 63 going "WOAH HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THESE DAY OLD TWEETS" isn't the best way to start that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

We have one female cast member
No? Unless you mean the first, but I don't think that really factors into it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

For you disappointed streamers out there, apparently it's Sega losing their mind and not Atlas. Because they are effectively banning Puyo Puyo Tetris too.

Tetris.

http://segabits.com/blog/2017/04/06/psa-beware-of-puyo-puyo-tetris-recording-and-streaming/

quote:

as Puyo Puyo Chronicles back in December also had a restriction of recording and streaming the game, mainly being unable to record or stream past the second world in the RPG mode for spoiler reasons.

lmao

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I really hate how restricted camera control is in cover.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MegaTen's pretty fond of feast-or-famine battle dynamics, though your options will open up and make things easier as you go.

e: Game over on MC death is a bit of a headscratcher after mainline dropped it though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fair points, I was thinking of adding that they'd gone hard-in on it lately with stuff like Smirk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dryzen posted:

this guy sounds like someone who does what adults say lmao

what a nerd

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I doubt one of those things

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sell your free DLC soma also

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just wait for atlus to make you sick to death of everything p5 over the next decade.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

The gap between P2 and P3 was about the same length as the one between P4 and P5. Are you trying to say that P4 also killed the series?

No? He's saying long gaps between main titles in a given atlus IP isn't unusual

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Short people, exist

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lmao

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Raxivace posted:

One thing I think this game may have benefited from is the list of when people get actions from Final Fantasy X.

Like there are moments in P5 where a regular enemy will get like three moves in a row without critical hits and frankly I'm not sure how I was supposed to be able to predict that.

A lot of the JRPGs I've played recently have a turn order so I've been feeling the lack of it here. Granted most encounters end without shadows getting a shot in and it's pretty easy to grasp the rhythm of boss fights.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It has a black and white setting.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Making a website about it seems dumb tho.

It would've been better to theme it after game TL in general since the p5 well is poisoned and it's already more a general article as is.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I thought it was silly how late Morgana got baton pass but now they're coming even later

atlus why

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PirateBob posted:

:( What about backup members?

They do with mishima's confidant abilities.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Man, it's nuts how much slapping on four SP Adhesive 3s changes the game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Holy gently caress I hate anubises

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rogue 7 posted:

Fuse an Isis. She nulls Light and Dark, and that's all he throws at you. I frequently ended fights with him with everyone else dead, but Anubis couldn't touch my MC.

Yeah, the issue was more about avoiding any party death rather than game over-ing. Not so bad as a challenging encounter during a crawl, but annoying as hell when two show up as reinforcements on the way to the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't had much luck with the low damage,
high-crit phys skills so far.