Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thinking back on it, I'm surprised Takemi's price-cut isn't behind a stat-check considering how strong her accessories are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Real Talk: what are the chances that I can carry my save file over to P5 re-release and just do my NG+ there

If it's on ps4: probably, you could transfer from p3 to FES
Else: lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

I think it's debatable how well something like a sports club would translate into real-world combat. Especially something like archery where you shoot at stationary targets at a fixed distance.

Persona 5 says arcade games=marksmanship so

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I bounced off FES to the point that I wasn't expecting to like P5 nearly as much as I am. Kind of orthogonal to this since that was entirely due to systems and mechanics though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If they gently caress up it's an opportunity to compliment them and get points. I maxed charm after my first visit so thankfully I'm not going there again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Listening to the OST after beating the game made me realise that I never went in there at all. Are there ever any circumstances in which it's mechanically the best option?

If you want charm but can't go to the two confidants that provide it or take a medical bath, I guess.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just got Haru as a combat member and I've enjoyed all the dungeons so far.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

The main difference is if you cheated on anybody in your last playthrough you cannot by any means level their links in NG+ because they'll want nothing to do with you. So don't do that.

Is there video of this, it sounds hilarious if true.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GIVE
IN
TO
TEMPTATIOOOOOON

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

How important is it to recruit All The Personas? I've been making a point of grabbing one of each I find, but I didn't realize I had to bank them in the Velvet Room to register them.

You don't. First recruit automatically registers them. They have to enter your party though, so if you're full you can't catch and release.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hah, got greedy and didn't have joker guard against the palace 6 boss' desperation attack, but he came out with full HP because Enduring Soul. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's not a huge issue since p5 is pretty fast already, but I wish there was an animaton speed-up aside from rush, which only affects party animatons anyway.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The way I understood it is that the prison is undistorted in Sae's palace, so if she's aware that Joker's in that cell, there will be a cognitive one there in the Metaverse.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"We don't care about art"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I just wanna say that (post-palace 6) the goofy toon versions of joker, sae, and akechi that pop up while the plan's recounted to her are amazing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I used to write the idea off, but after a lot of P5 I'm beginning to see the merit in how P3 made the party less buddy-buddy and more separated from the MC in both writing and mechanics. I dunno how it holds since I didn't enjoy FES' gameplay enough to make it much further than Block 2, but whenever you have the whole party around and chatting Joker starts to feel like a nonentity, especially when some scenes don't even give him a prompt.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 28, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Your party confidants stop being available on the last week if you haven't reached the treasure, so might as well do it then.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

After a point soloing is probably easier since everything targets joker and nothing's balanced around a level 99 minmaxed persona.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: nvm

Motto fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 28, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ah, sorry.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you finished palace 6 then your remaining flu days are 12/8 and 9, I believe.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Iwai's locked behind Guts 4 which is nearly as bad for such an early confidant whose stuff I never used.

Also Shinya's confidant is good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Speaking of rerolling velvet room levels, is there any reason not to shoot for all five glowing?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

So I'm in the late game now, have a quick question. End of November so spoilers for that in this here text block.

You won't lose any time, it's just referring to the fact that these are your last free days.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endure+Protect is such a good safety measure against instant death procs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I guess you might be able to pay to see the next one after that? I never used it since even without online lists confidant abilities are pretty obvious.

e: ^ nah it tells you when you'll get an ability next. So if you're at 5 and the next ability is at 7 it'll say "7-Whatever" on their confidant page.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Scorps posted:

Very end game question I'm getting my friends out of the Velvet Room now is there a save point at all soon? Thought I was going into a final boss at memento depth and not sure I can complete the entire game today.

You've got another "dungeon" but it's pretty short, mostly just picking up a few nice pieces of armor and killing some minibosses.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 30, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I only got guts to proc once off the blackboard.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It happened to me all of once, which makes the network rescue limit funny.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Haru has good skills and her one-shot kill crits did some great things, but I swapped her for ann so I could have three high-rollers melt the whole endgame.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think that's true for any persona.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Everyone in P1 (except mark) :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wonder what the inevitable P5 anime's take on the hero will be like.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't remember anything especially annoying about 3 besides the password gimmick being pretty :effort:, and that was without SP Adhesives until the very end.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah I dunno. Every time I got to a new palace I was expecting it to be the one where they started getting insanely and annoyingly long like everyone said, but I never really felt that way about any of them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I never used the confuse trick, fused a couple persona way above my level, made liberal use of affinity readings, and still ended the game with almost a million.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's only one ending besides game overs and obvious bad ends

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/decodomo/status/859639969715040256

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, the last part in the tower can be a bit rough, but as long as you keep getting the advantage against your foes, you should be fine. Word of advice, if you think you're about to hit the treasure, just go for it. It's not like P4 where going up to a boss's room means you're fighting it right then and there.

it's also best to be proactive since you need some extra days for the calling card and final run (the countdown timer is for your plan execution deadline, not your Treasure Room deadline, which is two days earlier), and since some confidants stop showing up the week of the deadline if it hasn't been completed yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a persona with enduring soul could also work

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 4, 2017