Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

Doesn't Futaba also protect from that sort of thing?

yes, but it's her rank 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Catch all the personas, fuse all the Personas

Hang out with the fortune teller, the doctor, and the politician

Take advantage of special days for social stat ups (baths on Monday and Thursday, station drinks on Sundays, etc)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That trophy though

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

slev posted:

So if you go into the bathroom at Leblanc you take Morgana with you because

https://twitter.com/laaaicha/status/854060878668460032

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

imo weird things about the persona series just might come down to individual decisions by the devs, like the guy who's never had a female friend ever

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alder posted:

Which dev is this again? P5 is still a cool game but a bit weird to people who dislike anime/jrpgs.

I was joking a bit based on a decade+ old interview, but the director for P3-5, Hashino

quote:

THAT CERTAINLY MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. COME TO THIN OF IT, IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN ONLY FORGE THAT KIND OF FRIENDSHIP WITH SOCIAL LINKS OF THE SAME GENDER. OPPOSITE GENDER SOCIAL LINKS WILL REVERSE QUICKLY. DOES THIS MEAN TRUE FRIENDSHIPS BETWEEN PEOPLE OF OPPOSITE GENDER DO NOT EXIST?

HASHINO: I’ve never successfully forged a true friendship with a girl in real life.

SOEJIMA: Neither have I.

HASHINO: I guess that means we couldn’t implement it into the game because we don’t know what it’s like. (laughs)

SOEJIMA: Now that I’m on my thirties, I’m more open to the notion that it is possible, though. Back in high school, I admit I couldn’t look at girls that way.
https://megatengaku.wordpress.com/readings/interviews/persona-3-official-design-works-interview/

e: sorry about the caps from the source

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 10, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm turning the catbus around

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Another point for Haru, since she responds best to gags. I thought it was just the devs making her easy to rank up to compensate for her placement, but no, she apparently gets pretty "eh" with you if you're more blandly "supportive".

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People with positive dispositions make me v mad, ama

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yaldy's ending is giving up your ideals and any chance of actually changing anything ever to gloryhog. You're basically Goro.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't mind the texts in general but there are a lot of little "boy that palace situation is sure happening" scenes throughout the game that pile up and I started skipping through as I got closer to the end. I guess they really didn't want people to completely forget about them but it's kinda excessive to have the texts, the before school chats, the after school texts, etc all going on

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Piss

e: date all the older women imo

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 11, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

She's fun and going to open a coffee shop

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*opens persona 5 thread*

This is why man is doomed...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

P5's negotiation system is good imo. By the end of the game it's probably the easiest it's ever been to grab something you want short of just buying them in DeSu.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's probably a decision by the loc team and not an invalid one just for not being 1:1 to the JP version.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I know it's probably just "generic Video Game", but are there any competitive light gun games out there besides 2 Spicy that the game Shinya plays might be inspired by?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Star

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

piss

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Magican, yes, Fool and Strength no.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yusuke's might be the funniest, honestly.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sounds like some pretty limp boss design.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alder posted:

Who else would play P5 if you didn't have any romantic SL? None of the LI appealed to me except for Yusuke so I'd play it. Also, we're guaranteed to leave after 1 yr regardless if we date or not so IDK what's the point?

There were some cute bits but I'd probably like it a bit better without them, a lot of the BOY BETTER CHOOSE MY WORDS CAREFULLY scenes were p awkward.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

One question is if there are things that I wouldn't get being unfamiliar with the Persona/SMT series. Carry over characters and such. Do you play as heart stealers every game, or are there recurring characters?

Aside from direct sequels every game has a new cast. Being phantom thieves of hearts and all that is P5's thing, but P3 and 4 have the same style of gameplay and all of them deal with supernatural stuff relating to human psychology/collective unconscious/etc.

Rest of SMT is another thing entirely that generally includes more focused RPGs dealing with demons and poo poo loving up the world directly

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Examples:

SMT1: Demon kills your mom in the opening segment
SMT3: boot game, world ends

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yes. you can go back to the square to heal/fuse right up until you initiate the last fight.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I just mash anime names together

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I also thought "what a nasty antagonist" during the gag tailing portion.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

just lol at the last page

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

P5 in particular has pretty easy encounter design, and it's entirely possible for the difficultly curve to break entirely as a function of something the game makes relatively easily available to you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The existence of timeskips or days where you're otherwise unable to return stuff would prob make return fees as an actual thing just annoying.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People like fictional characters that are....bad guys?????

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I really hope they let you transfer a vanilla save and play Royal as a NG+.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Don’t give the fanfic writers more material. We don’t need them to have more reason to ignore that their precious, precious baby is an unrepentant mass murderer.

lol if you think :siren: THE FANFIC WRITERS:siren: aren't into that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

what do you get for having p5 vanilla save data? i know it doesnt transfer which stinks but i think they said having any data would do something?

some healing items and cash afaik