Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I bought a PS4 for P5, FFXV, and Nier:A, no regrets. However, I do wish DLC costumes were cheaper...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

i think if people on tumblr were mad about this, i would very much agree with them and empathize with their pain and frustration, especially coming from a series that literally had a gay romance on the ps1.

Eh, I can't say I'm surprised but still disappointed. Anyways for DLC costumes is it for the entire team or just 3 main guys? I bought the ToB stuff but they were outfits for everyone.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

the dlc costumes for p5 are for the entire team, yeah. They just show the main 3 on the dlc page because, uh, spoilers I guess? Even though the others are on the cover.

I feel a little better now but it should be approx $3 just like FFXV to be fair :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

You can pet the cat and also go to the movies with the cat.

Watch videos with the cat.

Exercise with the cat.

Be humiliated by the cat

Welcome to my life

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Neeksy posted:

So we're gonna have to wait almost a month for the DLC costumes?

No, but I hope you're rich.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Theo only appeared in the FemMC route but is canon therefore she is canon.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

freshlybaked posted:

You can't date people in Nocturne, so that's one point off for it.

tbh there's no one you'd want to date there :smith:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

That guy preordered on the 7th and he got his today.

I preordered on JUNE 7th and I still don't have mine

Agreed but they haven't released the free JPN DLC pack so I'd be waiting anyways.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

morgana honestly just sounds like a normal anime character, nothing like teddie did in JP. His VA does Chopper in One Piece too, with a similar voice. She's also the voice of Pikachu in the pokemon anime, and since that role doesn't get dubbed over, you've all heard her voice before. Every last one of you.

Another sign I've been waiting for P5 all my life. Also, April is so far away.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anzen posted:

Most of the points on the map are just there for cutscenes and hanging out with social link buddies. There are only 5 locations where you run around freely but they're pretty big (especially Shibuya).

Oh well tokyo is cool anyways.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvIIL4YygI

Tiny Morgana :kimchi:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I hope P6 features older characters. I'm tired of HS.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Stop asking for it, you're not getting it. It's a step forward they even let you date older women, let alone have adults mean anything in the cast. Even some people would debate if that were a step forward.

How about FeMC?

Also Catherine had working adults as the main cast.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I was a teen when I played P3/4 but mostly since it was set in Japan that appealed to me vs yet another HS setting. Also I feel like when I was young(er) ANYTHING other than being teen was cool and interesting vs going to class/clubs :colbert:

The only thing I can think of is that games are much more expensive nowadays than back then but 100 hrs were nothing to a bored kid.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Raxivace posted:

For a while I thought because I liked P3P and P4 I would like the other SMT games, and I wasn't able to get into any of them.

Like not the even the promise of Dante from the Devil May Cry series was able to keep me engaged through Nocturne.

The old PS2 games had extremely high encounter rates and you know I hated the invisible maze from Nocturne. The LPs are better honestly if wanted to see how the story goes but they were very stylish games even now.

Raidou 2 is a good game with teen protagonist not in HS who runs a detective firm on the side but no VA.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

man you guys want grown up persona but where the hekl is my Raidou 3? i am waiting atlus

It's going be directed by Yoko Taro after they remaster Nier 1 and Drakengard series.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Terper posted:

If you want a persona game where you are an old, play Trails of Cold Steel III

I tried ToCS I just don't care enough about the characters to progress beyond intro. Also they feel very bland.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dehry posted:

Offisona:

You're a generic male Japanese office worker. While staying late waiting for the boss to leave...and wow the last thing I would want to do is explore a dungeon.

Did you know the guy who wrote SAO was a salaryman? I mean it's not a good LN or series but it's not like you start hating fun after your 20s. I would be into exploring a secret world and living out my dreams as a hero vs daily grind of commuting on the subway for my dead end p/t job.

Item Getter posted:

It will bring back the Tired condition from Persona 3 except everyone has it by default and there's no way to get rid of it

Story of my life.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SAO is a bad anime along with it's 5 spinoffs but apparently appeals to a large audience so even working as a salaryman won't stop your dreams of RP with a imaginary family and wife.

Also, I still have my LE copy but that scared me for a min.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

freshlybaked posted:

Really when it comes to education in these games (the occasional multiple choice question or lecture), what difference would college make other than no uniforms?

I know it won't happen because demographic and tradition, but I'm just curious if anything would be any noticeably different anyhow

I presume your p/t job would replace your classes on certain days and you wouldn't have to join a club unless you wanted to compared to HS. They might have to deal with a larger map since you would want to explore other places on your off days. Perhaps you'd see your friends fewer times around the week since they would have different classes and/or jobs like Adachi in P4:D.

There wouldn't be any class trips since you would be able to travel on your own during holidays. Your SL would be other working adults/classmates so it'd be lower variety vs the random guy at the mall.

Now that you mention it I'm not too sure how JPN colleges work since my exp is from HS exchange trips and anime/manga. Also that I don't think it'd ever happen for Persona :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

send like 5 japanese college students on a year abroad to cambridge or some poo poo for persona 6. japan loves anime britain

I would support this because I, too, love anime britain and persona.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

england would also be good because then we could get native japanese speakers doing VO for native english speakers which is always a treat

It'd end up like Yuri On Ice where everyone would be speaking JPN but we pretend it's ENG because of reasons.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Think of it this way if you don't buy ME:A you can afford all the P5 DLC and still have a better time :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

In my head Raidou XIV is Naoto's off-screen grandfather.

That'd make her background interesting.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

tithin posted:

I... What?

I bought the take your heart edition, does it have a season pass or something

No, you get a school bag and cat plush though. What would a season pass for P5 be about anyways? DLC is all costumes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Good thing I didn't spent :20bux: on a social life. It's still cheaper than $80 in Japan for standard edition.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Where would be the best place for a preorder,? I have it on AZN but I see the local GS has a promo out too. Do they still have that $5 fee and tax for games?

I don't have prime Fwiw.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

GoneRampant posted:

What are my best chances to get the Take Your Heart edition in Ireland? Both of the game stores I've visited have said they're not getting the special edition, so I'm guessing I'd be best off ordering it online and getting it shipped here (Something I don't often do).

I would order jic I mean it's not worth $120 or w/e on the gray market if you miss out either.

@Captain Baal: I think P5 will be good and fun :smith:

Also I thought the female SL were more popular than guys? Maybe? I like Goro because detectives and he looks somewhat mature for a HS person.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

I thought it was p funny when I learned she was Velvet in Berseria because she would've had to go hard rear end tough girl voice and the voice director for P5 didn't do that also for some reason despite Makoto easily being the most threatening looking member of the group. I guess they probably wanted her to sound less tough to make it easier for people to not be put off by her, but idk it's very possible they just didn't think it was necessary to emphasize which I think is dumb.

Agreed, I loved Vel's JPN casting and she does a great job with older women and I'm a huge fan of deeper woman's voices but it's somewhat rare in anime/games. Anything is better than Rise's JPN VA though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Raxivace posted:

On a related note if I watch the promotional OVA for Persona 5 before playing the game how spoiled will I be?

Nothing relevant other than advertising ...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

If I can't kiss video game bishies whats even the point

:same:

Too bad they won't add a FeMC option even if they won't include male romance options.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

does persona 5 have naoto in it this is important for many reasons

yes, it's naoto's successor though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

boy are my arms tired posted:

also fuuka was the best support

I see you misspelled Mitsuru there

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

good improved new OP

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

How is Amazons own service in the US?

It's varies depending on the seller but Amazon will try their best to get to you if you near their warehouses iirc they offer the same day delivery too. Also I'm not a Prime member and my purchases aren't exactly time-sensitive :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Complete DLC schedule out: http://gematsu.com/2017/03/persona-5-dlc-schedule-announced

Raidou set is out in May :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If anyone is upset about the ability to screen cap/stream via PS4 UI is blocked (confirmed permanently by Atlus) so that they can't upload HQ screens of the game or whatever, consider installing Remote Play on PC and streaming it to the app in as high quality as possible. That will get you better screen grabs than taking a photo of the screen with your phones. You can also use the remote play app to stream via OBS or other apps.

Naturally, capture card is king but they aint free.

Unfortunately, I could never get Remote PLay to work and I'll have to live with no screenshots ever. Capture cards are pretty expensive unless you're going to have people sponsor your streams...

THANKS ATLUS.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Why haven't OST playlists been taken down yet?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

KonvexKonkav posted:

Looking at the DLC list, I wonder of there are still costumes you can find in the game like in P4G. Or is it all DLC now?

They listed the free costumes in the schedule above but the cameo sets cost money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Has anyone who's ordered on Amazon had their copy ship yet? My copy's supposed to ship today, but nothing so far.

It's been preparing to ship for weeks here.