Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

A Massive thanks to Bifauxnen for helping me with the talking head sprites, because I am garbage, just garbage with doing almost anything with images that isn't just resizing them

No worries m8

For the voting, I always used to call Denam Levi :v:

I don't think the birthday means anything either so let's give him December 25 so he always gets screwed over on presents.

Tarot cards:

Fool: take my family
Hermit: secret of victory
Temperance: position and honor
Chariot: ending the conflict
Emperor: abdicate the throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Let us sing now the saga of Anime David

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

just in case anyone wants an avatar later:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One of these days I should actually give this version a try. I've only played the port of the SNES version. This one looks so pretty and the translation is so much better, but I still can't quite get my head around the idea of leveling up classes instead of people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

: A man can claim knighthood only when he serves a worthy lord. It is for such a man that we seek.

Welp, good luck with that :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:laffo: wish I'd thought of this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

I just loving love the look these guys give her there.

Yeah, nice internalised sexism, sis!

(though to be fair Ravness might not have made the best first impression with such an incredibly Mary Sue name)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

love your new avatar btw Tith :buddy:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

quote:

Hiring a new character allows you to select their alignment, and rename them. This is the only way to rename characters as you cannot rename any characters currently in your roster that I'm aware of.

Aw, you're not keeping that one are you? Wondered for a second how I missed someone wanting to name a character after Gillian Triggs. That could be a cool name if you ever hire some more generics later.

quote:

Vyce lobs another loving rock at Canopus which hits, again.

This version of the game doesn't do the "training" thing anymore where you take 2 teams of your own troops to have them beat on each other, does it? Asking for a friend.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

theshim posted:

Canopus with a 2h crossbow will carry you through pretty much the entire game. It's a tiny bit silly how good archers are in this game, and Canopus has great stats and flight to go with it.

I always loved how you can play with the range on bows in TO. Nothing better than being way up on some really high ground, ignoring the standard range entirely, and just picking off some poor sucker halfway across the map.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can't believe they let Vyce into that meeting. Though what's even more unbelievable is he kept his mouth shut.

Nice sirens btw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Way to set the scene there in the lead-up battle!

I could never bring myself to choose anything but chaos route when I played, plus that's the route the last LP took, so I guess we should choose the lawful route...

Eh maybe I'll just abstain.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Apart from the whole war crime thing, the other thing I hate about the Law choice is it lets loving Vyce start acting all high and mighty and lording it over us like he's all Mr Moral Compass now.

I piss on his noble cause! :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tallgeese posted:

I personally just do not like the whole idea of someone's personality completely swapping based on alignment path. There had to be a better way to do it.

Nah I can totally buy Vyce not having any strong principles beyond "gently caress DenamLevi, I'm just gonna do the opposite of whatever he does"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The difference sure is striking

I actually have a hard time believing Law Vyce even exists just cause me and my brother both used to go chaos route so much and got so used to him that way.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm so glad I only played the old version and never had to deal with this crafting nonsense :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The new screenshot settings look great!

Ronwey still a dick, news at 11

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

: Abuna Donnalto? Why are you here? I thought you a man to keep better company than this.

: The Galgastani torched my Abbey. I have been a member of the resistance ever since.

: What of Karl? What of my brothers and sisters?

: They have passed into the light. There was nothing I could do.

: And for this... for this you joined in the massacre at Balmamusa!?

Awwwwkwarrrrrrrrrd

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

mauman posted:

Requires a little cropping/resizing, but I figure that shouldn't be a problem :downs:

this should be close enough to the previous ones:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hire him, but only on an unpaid "job trial"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

back when I was always playing Chaos I hated Leonar's guts, but he sure is looking reasonable on this route lately!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

it's really depressing having to kill off these folks who have seriously good reasons for wanting us dead. :smith:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Solumin posted:

Also there's a bunch of mentions of "Denam" in that last update.

should leave em all in imo, Levi's just like Denam's in-jokey nickname

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Let's do this, I mean we can't do a worse job, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

But enough about british politics

DRFADP

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Augh this is why I can't deal with the lawful route, how can Levi even go on living with himself...

tithin posted:

: Call off your men, Levi! A fight between us serves no purpose.

: The duke who pulls your strings - he is the enemy!

: He cares nothing for liberating the Walister. He thinks only of the kingdom he might build for himself.

: It is he who plays each clan against the other. He who sacrifices the blood of his kinsmen!

: Anyone who ignores the will of his people and uses them as a means unto an end is my enemy!

: Who knows all the duke has wrought better than you, Levi!

...offering weakass poo poo like this while Vyce is loving RIGHT, I just can't take it!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When we kill the Duke, who takes over? Leonar?

we should put Canopus in charge! He's chill and likable

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's a surprisingly nice name, isn't it! Sounds all meaningful in this context

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:hfive:

oh here's that other thing we discussed:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Vadina / Male / Chaos

This character will be a hindrance to Team Emptyquote.

Seconding

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

This subforum kills hard drives

:ohdear:

it's not always the LP curse! Mine had been a long time coming ever since I let my laptop get rained on! :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

suplex a train on em

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeez Catiua it's not like he voted Trump or nothin

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

I'm just here to to ride along with Levi's genocide party, heckle tithin, and maybe ship Vyce and Canopus

ewww don't ship Vyce with anybody

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

my alts are indecisive

my alt doesn't even listen to me anymore! I never remember which choice does what though, so here's hoping.

I used to be kind of annoyed by Catiua back when I played the older version, but when you try and think of it more realistically, people in a war are gonna have some problems. Especially after that Balmamusa massacre poo poo. I've been looking at her more sympathetically while reading this LP.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

I spent five hours just writing this poo poo and got hate gifted an anime game as a result

Apparently the way to troll him back is to neither accept nor decline the gift, just leave it in eternal limbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I liked following along to see the law version of the story, but reading mechanics chat and the crazy arcane requirements for poo poo made me very glad to not be playing the game myself. Nice work making it through to the end!