Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'm tempted to name our hero Marche, but I'm not that terrible a person.

This game has a cool story and concept but godawful mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Captain Oblivious posted:

Let us sing now the saga of Da've

Bad Western fantasy traditions need love too!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Are we allowed to put in requests for later-game classes?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Oh god, I did it too...

not even getting the cool class for my self-insert generic was worth that.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Help a girl out

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The Duke is totally on the up-and-up, we swear.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

A..are we the baddies?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ninja Padre

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

All Hail Duke Failo McScapegoat

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I am enjoying seeing the Law route.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Andyzero posted:

; but her sister; Cerya (who we don't meet in this timeline) was raped to death in the original

Wait, what?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

You usually get a big red letters "low loyalty" before that.

One of the many mechanics I hate about this game.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

tithin posted:

I love this post, and this movie.

Nothing of the sort sadly. No warning, just straight up "gently caress this poo poo, I'm out"

I had decided I wanted to grind a little to bump up the levels after the difficult fights at the end of the last chapter. Did one fight in the wildwood and that popped up and she left, I checked the loyalty of everyone else and they weren't far behind her.

It's ok though!

I'm not going to lie, the loyalty mechanic made me quit the game.

I'm legitimately not sure why firing on people who attack your team decrease loyalty (yes I get the whole chaos frame thing) but it's pretty bad!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Just make him a ninja.

Swordmaster in this game is terribad, but Ninja Hobyrim will absolutely destroy anything he gets into melee with.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I shall not stay my pimp hand

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Please show off Ozma rampage in the next episode.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

We do actually see these guys in Ogre Battle 64 where they are enslaved and forced to fight us - Lodis are dicks and cannot be trusted.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

You abandoned us, we never abandoned you

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The Palace of the Dead is what finally got me to put down the game, and I legitimately did the Galgastani Death March because I am a moron who loves necromancers.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

waah posted:

I can't say this enough, you don't actually need to death march 90% of the time. You can get special character though enough choices in the story to prevent death march.

Some of the story choices we haven't touched yet though so I'll hold off. But honestly if you are death matching you are doing it wrong.

I...what....DAMMIT!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

spoiler for tithin - Looking it up you only need one of the sisters to unlock their special class

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Get Apocrypha, impress women.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Yeah this is where interest in playing the game usually dies as it becomes a grindly slog.

I got in long enough to turn the generic named after me into a lich and quit.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I remember them doing a pile of damage with a not-so-great range.

Then again I was an insane man who ground a lich to augment fire 7, so maybe I should shut up.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

There's a specific setup where you get a map with 3 clerics and set your mage to auto-battle. The mage will throw their lamest, weakest version of elemental *missile*, the clerics will outheal that but not actually hurt the mage, you go wander off and make a sandwich and come back to your powerful crazy town nukers.

I didn't manually grind it out, that's insane.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Someone had fun writing that quest. Shame its hidden behind so much arcane silliness.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

She would also make the Necromancer class worth using as I recall.

Don't feel bad about burning out, this game has so much arcane bullshit it's a miracle you're still going.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Thanks for the LP, I don't blame you at all for skipping Palace of the Dead and the rest of that crap. That's just soul-crushing lovely tedium.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I always wonder who comes up with this crap in game design meetings.

"Ok...they have to collect a specific item hidden in an optional dungeon, THEN make it to floor 22 of the repetitive agonizing post-game dungeon"

The room is stunned silent. A single, solitary tear runs down the director's cheek.

"This is the greatest idea I have ever heard of. Let's waste hours of developer and QA time on this. Truly, I am a genius."

:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Palace of the Dead. suffer!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Nobody caught the Harry Potter reference with the Death Eaters, huh.

1: It's lich time!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

And I thought Cressida was bad.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Man, I forgot how awful loyalty got by the end of the game.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

There is like 1 useful necromancy spell, and it's the one that deals damage and gives you mana equal to damage dealt.

It's also fairly useful if your only Augment X is darkness, but gently caress that system to hell!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

To add to the jealousy thing, IIRC Vyce has it bad for Catua who has it bad for Denam.

Meanwhile some of us just want to be liches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Do they ever explain how Tartaros knows about the wheel?