Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Fellis posted:

Yeah I read through that stuff when I was younger and I feel like I would remember any weird sex stuff I read as a horny teen. I don’t even remember there being a lot of sex in it.

The whole dragon sex ritual forcing its human riders to gently caress thing gets a little odd. The White Dragon also has this scene as described by the wiki:

“Jaxom becomes affected by the emotions of the green Dragon, and the Weyrlingmaster lets him leave, but Ruth takes him to Corana and the two — unexpectedly, in Corana's case — make love again. The next day, Jaxom is remorseful at his act, and isn't sure if he wants to continue being Corana's lover, although Ruth abruptly reveals that he knows Corana enjoyed their love-making; he could sense her thoughts while they were together.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Anyone who watches 5 minutes of this and feels obligated to watch it to the end, I recommend skipping it.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

Okay no joke chicken curry and scrambled eggs inside a pastry you can microwave or toast sounds like an amazing invention.

And for funny content:

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

small bird pudding posted:

Women do ride the gold dragons, which are the fertile ones. So it's like 95% gay.

Sometimes the women are underage so it’s 95% gay, 2.5% straight, and 2.5% pedophilia.

Sometimes the dragons also go back in time so then you have some grandfather paradoxes but I don’t think any actual invest happened.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

DiggityDoink posted:

I fuckin love em. Keep them coming.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

It's also not funny, so there's that

Haha you’re wrong actually

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Jon Joe posted:

ok skoomer

:captainpop:

You n’wah

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Adam Driver > Keanu in nearly every respect hth

This post is like Mr. Pibb.

Absolutely hosed.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

Pern or something?

But AFAIK Ursula Le Guin has always been amazing.

Also not to distract from memes, but NK Jemisin and Ann Leckie are fantasy/scifi authors people need to pay attention to, if you're at all into the genre.

I wasn’t crazy about Ancillary Justice, it definitely felt like a junior high reading level sci-fi book. Nothing wrong with it, just nothing mind blowing. The gender stuff was fine but like you said, LeGuin already did that (and executed better) in Left Hand of Darkness decades ago.

NK Jemisin’s stuff is really interesting, kind of like if Harry Potter/Dragon Age “wizard school” poo poo was written well and written by a geologist. Was a little upset to see her all over Twitter raging against Sanders for some reason but oh well. I still need to finish the Fifth Season trilogy.

For content (TW police violence)

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Memento posted:

I wear Thai fisherman's pants around the house and will happily go down to the shops in them.

I don't know sor sure the logic behind why Thai fishermen wear them but can only assume that they're incredibly well hung.

I own a Burmese longyi and it’s nice to let the balls fly free but I have no idea how to keep it tied as it’s basically just a giant tablecloth that I’m using as a skirt.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's the image and her whole persona of traditional values in wives bullshit, and the whole "barefoot and in the kitchen" role she's upholding. That's why, you dinguses.

Whomst amongst us doesn’t wear shoes in the kitchen at all times.

Lacing up my New Balance white dad sneakers to load this sandwich up with extra mayo.

I’ve been watching J Kenji Lopez Alt videos where he’s just puttering around his kitchen with a GoPro strapped to his head and there’s tons of bare feet shots. Is it distracting and titillating? Yes

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

Exactly, and her brother is a giant (figuratively) political grifter. It's all literal an exercise in asserting conservative values but also being a thirst trap for cash. I have a feeling this is all chuds trolling itt though.

Maybe I’m just not giving them enough credit, I don’t think they are planning this many layers of conservative propaganda when they can just lazily pop out a video of her cooking crappy lasagna or something.

Why attribute to malice what is explainable by stupidity is what I’m saying. They go on multiple hour long rants about The West and Upholding the Family and Actually I Am Over 5 Foot so it’s not like they’re pressed for time or would ever use a visual metaphor when a meandering facts and logic rant would do.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Lodin posted:

This is terrible, but made me chuckle.

Ah yes, Antifa, the very real and official organization that famously worries about the composition of the Supreme Court and partners with Black Lives Matter to wage a Civil War over it.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

StillFullyTerrible posted:

you are not thinking of the right kind of water stream. do not think in terms of rain, but rather in terms of a broken dam

Terminal velocity of rain is 16-25 MPH:
https://www.uu.edu/dept/physics/scienceguys/2001Mar.cfm#:~:text=A%20smaller%20raindrop%20of%20radius,when%20they%20begin%20their%20descent.

Pee is 95% water, so the remainder is negligible physics wise:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/arti...blems.%E2%80%9D

All mammals (despite bladder size), pee for approximately 21 seconds:
https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/regardless-of-bladder-size-all-mammals-pee-for-approximately-21-seconds-with-video-goodness

Let's assume the piss starts from rest and reaches a terminal velocity of 25MPH, which is 11.176 m/s. With g= 9.8 m/s^2 this takes 1.14s until it doesn't fall any faster.

In 1.14s the piss travels 6.48m using the
deltaX = t*(v+v0)/2 equation.

In the remaining 20s of pissing it is traveling at 11.176 m/s, so it travels a further 223.52m.

So if you start pissing at a height of 230m, you will finish your piss before the first drop hits the ground.

For an example of what you need to piss off of to achieve this feat:
http://www.bluebulbprojects.com/measureofthings/results.php?comp=distance&unit=m&amt=230&sort=pr&p=1

The best piss object they list is the Eiffel Tower, which gives you plenty of margin to piss from the top and meet your goal. The Golden Gate Bridge is pretty close to ideal, pissing wise. The Washington Monument, Space Needle, and St. Paul's Cathedral are all a bit too short.

space uncle has a new favorite as of 04:46 on Nov 1, 2020

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

Now calculate the diameter of a stream thick and heavy enough to kill a man.

Impossible according to this nerd:

https://www.quora.com/How-much-water-would-have-to-be-dropped-on-a-person-from-a-certain-height-to-kill-them

You can drown someone, but you can’t crush someone with water.

If you’re shooting water at someone to kill them then you don’t need to use a thick or heavy stream, a water jet will work.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...8.php?aid=35895

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Hey team, got some new piss research for you this afternoon.

Many leading medical journals have put forth the theory that the human "bladder" stores piss:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/cystometry#:~:text=For%20the%20normal%20female%20bladder,H2O%20usually%20occurs.

And estimates that 400-600mL of piss is stored in the bladder, and the urge to piss is caused by a pressure increase of 2-6mm Hg.

While this is an interesting theory, and it is useful for simple first order approximations and estimations of pissing, we all know that piss is stored in the balls.

The average volume of the testicle is approximately 20cm^3.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle#:~:text=Normal%20volume%20is%2015%20to,12%E2%80%9330%20cm3).

Alright so how do we fit 500mL of piss into two 20cm^3 balls? Easy - pressurize it.

Using the bulk modulus equation:

K = V * delta P / delta V

where K = 2.1 gigapascals
V0 = 500mL= 500cm^3
V1 = 2*20cm^3
deltaV = 460cm^3

2.1 GPa = 500cm^3*deltaP/(460) cm^3

Solve for deltaP, and your piss is pressurized to 1.932 gigapascals.

What's that in normal human units? A mere 19,000 atmospheres.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2.1+GPa+*+%28460%2F500%29

This is 200x the pressure at the center of the Earth, which makes sense, because when you wake up in the morning you really have to fuckin go.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

I brought it to a remote cabin in Wisconsin with no internet access, where all I had to do was read it over the course of a week. It was insanely difficult, and I know I left at least the last 20-30 pages unread because I felt like I could just round up.

Maybe I lack imagination because none of the stories in there got me interested in an epic battle or a city crashing into the sea or a timeless love story.

Count how many loving characters are in this passage and if you remember who a single one is (Galadriel doesn’t count):

quote:

Thus spoke Maedhros and Maglor and Celegorm, Curufin and Caranthir, Amrod and Amras, princes of the Noldor; and many quailed to hear the dread words. For so sworn, good or evil, an oath may not be broken, and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end. Fingolfin and Turgon his son therefore spoke against Fëanor, and fierce words awoke, so that once again wrath came near to the edge of swords. But Finarfin spoke softly, as was his wont, and sought to calm the Noldor, persuading them to pause and ponder ere deeds were done that could not be undone; and Orodreth, alone of his sons, spoke in like manner. Finrod was with Turgon, his friend; but Galadriel, the only woman of the Noldor to stand that day tall and valiant among the contending princes, was eager to be gone. No oaths she swore, but the words of Fëanor concerning Middle-earth had kindled in her heart, for she yearned to see the wide unguarded lands and to rule there a realm at her own will. Of like mind with Galadriel was Fingon Fingolfin's son, being moved also by Fëanor’s words, though he loved him little; and with Fingon stood as they ever did Angrod and Aegnor, sons of Finarfin. But these held their peace and spoke not against their fathers.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I tried reading Dune a few years ago. I'm by no means illiterate. But I'd read pages and pages and have no idea what was going on or what I had read. I'll probably try reading it again after I see the new movie.

Dune is half sci fi hero’s journey, half political/ecological/religious world building and philosophy.

Dune Messiah is really good, almost as good as Dune. They could really just be two acts of the same book but I respect Herbert for breaking them up. I’ve re-read both several times.

Children of Dune was ok, it got very strange. I think I liked it? But I’ve never re-read that one. I didn’t continue after that if that tells you anything.

Apparently any of the non-Frank Herbert dune books are hilariously bad.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

I would follow you to the end, my brother, my captain, my Apache Attack Helicopter.

A++

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

God is a real hosed up dude to be like "ok nobody on earth gets into heaven until I send a chunk of Me down to be born as this guy who will get tortured and murdered horribly a while later, and then once he's dead you all can come chill with me as long as you agree that I totally did that so that you can get into heaven."

like, seems like a couple of steps in the middle were unnecessary?? who's making the decisions here again??

https://youtu.be/S_dI2RW4qO8

Here’s a completely biblically accurate retelling that should clear up any theological confusion you may have.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Pro-click.

In a similar vein:

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1341081777339822082?s=20

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Ah your great grandmothers cookie recipe you say? With actual molasses?

Yeah I’m gonna have to cancel that bitch for promoting slavery. Maybe next time look up where molasses comes from you colonizing gently caress. Get your white hegemony cookies out of here and never ever return to this Boy Scouts bake sale, or I will end you.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

sassassin posted:

Yeah I'm sure Tolkien demanded that the LotR should never be published without a book he never got around to writing, and another he tried to rewrite to actually fit with LotR later on, sounds legit.

“Mr. Tolkien? Yes, publisher here. I really enjoyed this Hobit book, we will definitely work with you. One note from the editor - the weird invisibility ring seems cool. Maybe go into more detail about how this magic ring gets to a little weirdo in a pond?”
“...”
“Mr. Tolkien?”
“Yes, just a little more detail. Don’t you worry.”

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

My verisimilitude is only satisfied if we spend at least two sessions on elaborate portage style logistics where we construct rope bridges, sleds, rafts, and haggle (with no less than 6 intimidate/diplomacy/seduce/barter/streetwise checks) with the local bugman population over their requested payment of 50silver for three hours.

Then my DM painstakingly models inflation so that we can track the injection of more liquidity and Capital into a local economy, followed by rolling on the material conditions table to see if the hyper inflation bubble caused a peasant rebellion or a local merchant becomes a warlord.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I remember reading something quite young about how sex worked, but got confused on the details. When it said "the dudes dick gets longer", I thought it meant that both parties were still asleep in bed, and then the guys dick grew to like 8 feet long. It would snuffle around blindly like a snake under the sheets until it found the puss, then go to work. This of course didn't awaken either party either, so at some point a month or two later, the couple would just be like "Oh, guess we're pregnant now."

Did you end up making this music video?

https://youtu.be/6QFwo57WKwg

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Heath posted:

There is in reality only one joke, of which all others are derivative, and that is the loud fart.

The One Joke to rule them all is the Conservative’s The Correct Quantity Of Human Genders . This is a billion dollar industry.

“And then I got cancelled! For saying I was a freaking attack helicopter! Get out of my bathroom!”

The year is 2045, President Ben Shapiro tells The Joke at the White House Correspondent’s dinner. It kills.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Jokes on you I'm posting live from Valkurm Dunes, knee deep in crabs

I had totally forgotten about that terrible place. That’s where I quit FFXI after spending hours farming crabs.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Raisins are just grape jerky.

A grape is just purple fruity round beef.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

I also think we should never bring up the atrocities our people did. It's just so lazy.

The King Leopold defener has logged on.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Warbird posted:

I need some southern memes/dunks that aren't "lol inbred", "lol racist". or "lol surrender". Those are all still perfectly valid, but I need some new poo poo. Come on people, have you fukking seen us? I know we can get some more creative insults going.

Hard mode: Dunks that aren't "lol poor".

Amazing that a region full of people who exclusively drive lifted F-250s and collect ratchet straps like Pokémon cards can’t handle an inch of snow.

Also maybe you should invent a new type of regional cuisine that doesn’t involve 12 lbs of lard or shortening or butter or pure cane sugar before Memaw croaks at the tender age of 53.

Source: live kind of in the South

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

MSG Gang where you at?

I got a bag of the secret ingredient. Hit that sucker with a lil umami.

Anyway I apologize in advance every single
MSG meme on Google is circa 2013:

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I genuinely can't think of anything more useless and unnecessary than cops.

Like never in my life have I been like "hey, that guy has temporary tags on his car, I wish we had someone that could murder him and then have his family sue the city for millions so that we can't have better schools or pot holes fixed because for some reason the deranged murderer lawsuit budget comes out of things like the clean water budget".

My relative is a municipal attorney and almost every time I ask them how work is going they sigh and says the city is being sued because a cop beat somebody / ran over somebody / beat his wife / stole from the city and now there’s a lawsuit. A couple times over the years he said it was a bus lawsuit and not a cop.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

I can never remember what hth means and since 99% of the time it’s used condescendingly I always think it translates to something mean. Lately I’ve been reading it as “hand to heart” like you’re swearing that you just told a true statement.

I’ve looked it up several times (hope that helps) but it doesn’t stick.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

The Transformation - a disguised insect dances.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I want an intensive double blind study to PROVE bidets work. Stick your finger in peanut butter, then run it under the tap at full blast. It'll still have peanut butter on it when you turn the water off. I dont see how even a intense hydro blast of water can get all that dookie off.

Millions of people just be walking around with poopy butts goin' "Its so much cleaner! I'm a clean boi!" *sound of turd crusts breaking off and going down pantleg*

I alternate TP and bidet. I also got the Toto Washlet and have been ghetto running an extension cord to it until I can get an electrician to come here through the plague

Try cleaning up peanut butter in your carpet with just a hose. Now try it with just dry toilet paper. Now try both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Hey guys, are these the safe and legal thrills I keep hearing about?

(stolen from the OSHA thread)

I replaced my battery yesterday and the AutoZone guy explained the policy to me. They sell me a battery for X+$25 and if I return the old battery I get my $25 back.

I said that’s not a lot of money and it might be worth it to go throw it in the ocean, for a perfectly safe and legal thrill. He laughed politely.

I returned the battery.

This has been “awkwardly dadsplaining internet memes at strangers”.