Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I work in railways, and one of the main certifications everyone who's actually doing real work has to get is "Don't Touch", which is literally a course in not touching anything you weren't specifically instructed to touch.

I work in infosec and would presumably fail very hard. I want to give it a try some day though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The old milk in my fridge.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Cosby countdown was fun because of the mystery and pointlessness. The Star Trek meme is fun in itself, especially when posted excessively.

The countdown did age horribly because of the rape unfortunately.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I assume that it's an excuse to demand gifts from your guests as well. I also suspect that it's a pushback by scared sheltered white people to the growing acceptance of gender fluidity.

How do you buy baby gifts without knowing the genitalia of the baby? If there's one thing that becoming a parent had taught me, it's that every baby related thing must be pink or light blue depending on the genitalia.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Equating genitalia with gender identity reinforces the idea that gender must always follow sex. In that way, it is anti-trans. It also reinforces rigid gender expectations, which is generally bad. Neither is usually intentional, but that doesn't make it less real.

Source: I'm a white cishet man.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

krinklechip posted:

Sex parties are definitely better than gender parties.

Please do not involve infants in sex parties, tia

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Now do it with the photographer and Princess Diana

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Trabant posted:

Well, it'd be more of a "steering wheel and Princess Diana" thing.

Wasn't she shagging a photographer for a while?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Azhais posted:

They won the second the patriot act passed

They won the second a scheduled news broadcast was cancelled to make room for 9/11 coverage, and kept on winning until, well, now. Really, if anyone should be tired of winning, it's the terrorists.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Guillermus posted:

11/9 for the rest of the world tho

Nah, we say [nɑjn əlevn] because we are all sucking up to America and/or culturally assimilated to your values.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Paul Bearer was an actual real-life mortician too, which is hilarious to me. He just went back to his funeral business after he left wrestling for good. Dude also apparently weighed 525 pounds before he got a gastric bypass. Wikipedia has so many fun facts.

Are you telling me that Paul Bearer the mortician is not a pun name? What the hell were his parents thinking? I know it's death.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Arbite posted:

loving Yanks think they're so goddamn special.

What is this, only the European parts of France lost, the South American part actually won?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Libertarianism stopped being relevant when we left 2017.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I fear that Herbert would have turned into a chud had he not died before finishing the sex ninja trilogy of Dune.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Co-author Ben Shapiro

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks.

I still don't know what that is.

The thing is a capo, used for holding down strings on a guitar to make playing chords in higher keys easier.

The logo I don't know about, some nerd poo poo.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

It’s this new band The Apex twins,you’ve probably not heard of them.

Why would you listen to a new band when Cream existed?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's pretty simple.

1. Irish reunification.

2. Scottish Independence.

3. Get Wales to secede as a joke.

4. Tear down this Cornwall

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Isn't Isle of Man already not part of the UK?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

And tongue.

Clearly, whatever animated the skeleton must also have given it voice. And if I were a necromancer, you can be drat sure I would give them funny voices of like permanent helium, small Japanese girl, valley girl and so on.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Man... i miss Literally a Bird :smith:

Literally a Dinosaur

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

CopperHound posted:

The virgin vertical perspective vs the Chad Mercator projection:

Now do both with the entire surface of the head

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Average Lettuce posted:

I mean... at least in Portugal all of our traditional cuisine is basically this, what poor people would come up with to make whatever they could get their hands on tasty. And it's pretty good!

The English forgot the tasty part. Best case they replaced it with bland.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Isn't foot fetish super common actually? Like 10-20% of the population? Also it's harmless as gently caress obviously.

I don't have a bone in the fight though, I'm mostly aesthetically agnostic, whatever adult lets me gently caress it and/wants to gently caress me is cool.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My understanding is that when you chart the trend over time, mens stated interest in sex looks basically like a chart of testosterone levels, peaking at 19 and slowly but steadily dropping from there, whereas womens trend peaks at 16, goes into a trough in the mid 20's, and then peaks again, but higher, in the early-mid 30's.

I think 2 things about this:

1) Lots of folks view of the world kinda crystallizes in their mid 20's which would get a lot of hetero dudes stuck in a "girls aren't as horny as dudes" mindset.

2) The lowered interest in sex across the population of women in their mid 20's is probably due to being drowned in overt male sexual interest since puberty.

Being around men who are horny for me for 5-10 years would take the horniness or of me, gotta be honest. Best case because I'm bored being hosed, but realistically because men are horrible.

Also, the whole thing about even being labelled as sluts and the negative social implications thereof probably has some relation to overt expressions of horniness.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I remember when Optimus Prime "died" in a comic book but someone had made a back-up copy on a 9cm diskette.

Talk about a flat character.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Someone post the tactical knife with scope. I think it's old enough to be considered an image macro and not a meme.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Data Graham posted:

True, it does make it feel like having a pun per combination is an important part of the overall tapestry. I may be swayed to this line of thinking

Agreed, 12 and 4 o'clock are weak links that should contain puns.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nice to see Aku at a time when he was alive

Is life without beer truly life?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

HelixFox posted:

I have a bunch of zips of old SA memes and it's weird to see the sorts of stuff we used to find funny. I was looking at my lotr gif folder and had to go through several to find one that didn't have a slur or where the joke wasn't "legolas is gay haha"

This one made me feel very old:

When did they even start being called memes? Surely LOTR gifs are close to when we stopped calling them macros?

Related: why is macros still in the thread title?

Also someone post some classic motivational posters and/or goatse.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Stands to reason that Christ was out of a good Christian family.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

That's actually how a good (data) scientist should write. Unless they have conclusive, irrefutable proof, you should couch your findings in that type of language.

Also, it's not a hard scientific article. Just some freelance article for a popsci website.

This. Proof only exists in two sciences (one of which is arguably a subfield of the other): mathematics and formal logic. In any other field, and very explicitly those with large amounts of data, you can only say that there is a correlation that is super unlikely to be random. And then you can suggest an explanation of why that might be.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Is there no point where sufficiently universal correlation is considered proof? Is there still technically some doubt that dogs are mammals?

Technically, yes. But in the same way that there's a chance that my penis if currently inside you according to quantum mechanics. For all practical purposes, we are sure that dogs are mammals.

It's an important, but often overlooked, part of the scientific method.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Just gonna point out that giving free samples of a highly addictive substance is a good way of getting more people addicted to your product. The trick is that they have know the connection between the sample and the effect, so drug laced Halloween candy is dumb.

I gotta say that having a street full of LSD-trippy kids sounds hilarious, so I could see some psycho doing that.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I just remembered that the story about giving kids free drugs is super old: https://youtu.be/puu4cYfohgs

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

Roughly 20 years ago a friend of mine stole some weed from his dad's stash and smoked it with me. It tasted awful, smelled awful, burnt oddly, and I spent a few hours after very very worried that the snake like creature that lived inside me was trying to come up out of my throat and then I would die. My friend had a similarly odd and awful experience. To this day it's the only laced weed I've ever seen or smoked that I hadn't laced myself.

That sounds a lot like a dad that wants to keep the kids out of his stash, either for selfish or self-righteous reasons.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Maestro posted:

I’m still not convinced that “New Zealand” exists.

There's a reason it only appears on some world maps but not on others.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Edit: beaten! So I'll mention that they can also detect electric currents

Big whoop, so can I if it's not some weak rear end nonsense. Just stick my hand on that fence, and if I get an erection there's current.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

snergle posted:

if liquid will kill people from falling to high*

I too can't remember if rain is inconvenient or literally deadly. Rain is God peeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

We know that humans pee for 21 seconds, and we can probably find out the average volume. What we need now is the speed water needs to penetrate skin and/or break bone, and we can go backwards and calculate how small the urethra must be to unload the volume at the given speed within the 21 seconds.