Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Rage Insanitywolf was the balls.

E: WRT youth and optimism: this poo poo was in when I was 40, my youth an optimism must have peaked when many of you were planning growing tails in some guys gonads.
I dont mean that nastily, home computing in my time was a ZX Spectrum you soldered together, I got mine for 1/5th the price of a cpu. and lusted after a C64.

staberind has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Consider Plebas would make an interesting miniseries, especially regarding cannibalism.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought the US had a rail network?
Just jump on a goddamn train and avoid all that insanity.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll admit that I did mention trains during an argum.. discussion about the space race, after some wee child said "America won the space race cos it got to the moon first".

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bug Squash posted:

This does over look that getting people on the moon is an order of magnitude more challenging. The Soviets had a big rocket that let them snap up a collection of firsts that could be achieved with just that launch system, but were unable to build upon that since there was no way they could fit a lunar lander onto it.

Uhhh, d'ye know that woosh sound? commonly asscociated with rocketry?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

I know that's just a green onion

But leeks are 100% a scam unless you're also gonna make stock out of the almost all of it that isn't meant to be consumed.

I regularly make vegan meals for myself with zucchini and/or mushrooms, with prepped onion, shallot, and/or green bell pepper that I've diced up and frozen well in advance

there was vichyssoise chat recently in one thread or another so I figured gently caress it, I'll gently caress with a leek and see what's up

the leek is just a boring type of onion, disgraceful

king oyster mushrooms are also not worth the effort imo but I'm gonna give them another chance with the "vegan scallops" preparation

I sometimes use leeks in something like Ma Po tofu, and they are great, also a leek and potato bake, whith a whitish wine sauce and thin cut new potato's, just winter comfort food.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please do not gobble my hob, I'll have nothing to cook on.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drone_Fragger posted:

I'm more amazed you guys are falling for oil lobby propaganda, like 3 or 4 ships that size run aground carrying oil each year and piss it everywhere in the environment but the oil companies pay to keep it quiet and then pay for stories like this to get dragged through the press for months. It's all just whitewashing to make you think oil tankers aren't driven by drunks with no ethics run by companies who only cars about the Benjamin's.

Oh word?
my family is from Brest.
look up the Amoco Cadiz
but yeah, fuckin' sheeple eh?
Not to mention ignoring moratoriums of not washing out their tanks with seawater and dumping it at sea.

staberind has a new favorite as of 10:53 on Mar 15, 2022

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
to be fair, Bayonetta was one of my ex's favourite games. ex was nearly my height, black hair and wore glasses. hmmmmm.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

give me rl bayonetta's phone number

eh, she dumped me a day before I was supposed to fly over to Berlin to hang with her, then got it on with some guy, who claimed she raped him and stole his virginity, then she called me for sympathy.
a good ride, a wild ride and a decent crash. good luck finding her, I assume she is somewhere in Berlin, the goon "Goat Pillager" may know more.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's not British, he lives in the ocean. One of his gifts was ice lollies, but that doesn't mean he went down to the corner shop to buy them. He's a fish. In the ocean. The most likely explanation is that he finds his gifts in the flotsam from mishaps at sea. If he ever brings Garfield phones we'll know for sure.

Je suis Brestois. I get this.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

yep, its Thursday.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 16:37 on May 19, 2022

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
you also find wacky crap like older portable digital audio converters that use the miniusb for power/signal, from something like a micro usb digital source, like a phone, tablet or pc whatever.
for years the market has been flooded with cables that while they physically have the plugs on either end, just don't work for signal.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
truly I am down with diogenes, but we have to remember than Diogenes had never experienced snorting coke off a willing participants taint.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Large Testicles posted:

there were probably drugs around back then that were pretty fuckin good too tho that i bet they snorted to extinction.

I am certain that somewhere between these two )or many more(
points lies happyness.

ball
er snypee fk yalls

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Fortunately I'm quite ugly so all mirrors are 100% useless.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, I feel bad for people who don't have F5.
(or work retail)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The relevance to it being that or any other director is part of the flow, the logistics again, not being relevant, like in Act: 2; the scene with Katya and the grand piano's filled with cocaine.

E: it would die with merely a lol if it were a Jim Jarmusch film, i think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wGWcHEiQ8

staberind has a new favorite as of 12:56 on Nov 24, 2022

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

flavor.flv posted:

I think most people you knew back then may have been stupid

I'm pretty sure most ppl incl. myself are pretty stupid right now, dumbness is timeless,

I always thought of memes as being little cultural nuggets, like postcards of a specific vibe or mood.that are a natural occourance of the internet, so, yeah, like i say: dumbness.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, I am glad I can close tabs very quickly.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

How do I acquire these filters bc I have been insane for a while now

I think they sort of develop naturally as metaphysical scar tissue, like being hoofed in the balls so often they are dust, yet you still have to deal with morning wood.

Ms Adequate posted:

Agreed, if something is difficult it's not worth doing

Just gonna quote this cos I and I'm sure AG appreciate the name.

Tree Bucket posted:

YOu MONSTER

yeah, it's weird. The brain has lots of little filters that let one read the ceaseless firehouse of despicable tragedy that is The News without going insane, but occasionally the weirder stuff evades the filters and so the fish make me sad.

Yeah, not to be a dick and I agree 100% but its very krystalnacht_pony.txt

staberind has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Dec 17, 2022

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

You are a sack of overcooked pinto beans. Please stop sadly lubing your rear end in a top hat and throw your device on the floor and tumble out of your hovel in an ungainly lurch. Waft into the air and involute into nothing. Exist no longer

Don't stop professor Peaslee, I am becoming monstroussly turgid

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

Monstrous is right, chum. That lopsided, dilapidated stress ball you call your cranium hold such a startlingly small fragment of anything one could refer to as a frontal lobe. Every avenue of minuscule thinkmeat is blocked by microplastics and lead paint. You are the result of a moose getting hosed by a proboscis monkey and taking thalidomide through the entire gestation. When your monkeydad saw your hosed up softshell crab of a head he took a running start and Michael-Jordan-Super-Dunked you into a porta-potty. You are a personification of disgust and all you touch shudders in shame. Eat poo poo and explode

-essploded-

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

heh.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I dinnae kennste the meme.

play/read Disco Elysium/Use of Weapons

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evilreaver posted:

uhhh astral borealis

i liked this a lot.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, with their name connected with a rather mentally ill pop star, I was wondering how they would dig themselves out of this hole.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
gonna stop this bollocks right here.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
*Nods* I know what I am drinking tonight.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

Man have we already forgotten Freedom Fries? You don't have to change the name of something because you've got beef with a country

I think its because certain Americans are kind of afraid of other Americans looking too closely at France and their Unions.

Azhais posted:

Is a vegan White Russian just vodka

I use oat milk sometimes because voddy plus chocolate oat milk is kinda like Baileys, and a "white russian" is a coffee liqueur, vodka and milk.

staberind has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Jun 27, 2023

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
It was so long ago and i was so young that i have completely forgotten the sensation. but....

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

Yeah, and why are there these little ramps everywhere? Like, just step up on the curb bro

*laughs legglessly*

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

It could be pressing five times 'Alt Gr' instead of shift

i just want to protect my virginity, is that so hard to comprehent ffs

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

right here, right now.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Soundin' aint easy"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

Mitsubishi also makes air conditioning devices and is well known in Spain for that. Hell, there are more people with fridges or that stuff than with their cars.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Collapsing Farts posted:

I dont remember any commercials from my childhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wDjWOnHcY
here. rent free.
it got riffed recently as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SMVZwGu2qw

also, when they could sell ciggies on't telly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LgzBnCK_To
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvNdhriwGuM

staberind has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Oct 30, 2023

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Violet_Sky posted:

I was born in 1993. Now here's a meme that deals with none of that

icwudt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

dialhforhero posted:

Re: fashion.

Indeed it is a 20 year cycle with some adjustments. Today, for instance, is that the fit is different. Men’s clothing is becoming more and more form fitting, or shorter in length (like shorts, or a t-shirt) whereas women’s clothing is getting baggier/looser/larger. Think Billie Eilish. She embodies the “is this 90s or early 2000?” Look but it is generally all oversized.

Mid-rifts are back en force, too.

But the garments themselves are generally the same. Same/similar colors. Same/similar type of garment.

About the only thing that HASN’T come back from late 90s early 2000s is cargo shorts/pants.

Can you never, ever appear opnline again until you have internalised the spelling and use of midriff https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/midriff
if you could I'd really appreciate that. A lot.