Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

let people enjoy things: the mantra of the mad-getter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

I replaced 2 joypads for the joycons myself, it wasn't super difficult and a faction of the cost of buying new joycons.

wow, that sucks

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jamesman posted:

It finally happened.

RIP

get a ban on this chucklefuck

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yesterday?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bike tory posted:

I'm sitting here like :hmmyes: because I can't imagine what any of these sound like

clearly you are not a 90s kid

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol John "some dude" Cage

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also Zoolander

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am insatiable

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the mod that replaced all the scrawlings in the safe rooms in left 4 dead with Jaden Smith tweets was fuckin inspired

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

vyelkin posted:

That scene where Aragorn kicks the helmet only instead of a wordless scream of pain he just yells "FUUUUUUUUUUCK"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

Glad that the jokeless wall of text rant about mundane topics like chain restaurants that died off in the Bush administration still has a home in the pages of the epic food guy from the paper of record deciding to unwind and have a little fun like an unmarried 40 year-old teacher making the fourth option on your multiple choice test a pun.

settle down Beavis

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

everyone circle the wagons around spiky haired TV food man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fieris spiky hair seems trivial in comparison now, doesn't it???

shame on all of you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Warbird posted:

Does anyone know if Alton Brown is an rear end in a top hat irl? I’ve kind of always suspected it but I’m perfectly happy to just assume he’s good Bill Nye off the set.

I heard he's really religious which is not necessarily bad but probably kinda annoying

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Raymond Scott owns, and he also apprenticed Moog

iirc he basically invented the Moog synthesizer along with tons of other early electronic music equipment and couldn't be bothered to patent it, Moog asked if he could sell it and Scott was like "yea sure"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Ah, yes. Millenials: known for not having been alive for the Cold War, end of the Cold War, 9/11, or economic crashes. Not to mention other wars in Bosnia or Iraq, et. al.

millennials are looking on knowingly because they lived through 9/11, that's the joke

I never saw that kids show but I can only assume that kid is about to be hit in the face with a ball

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Bloop posted:

milenials sort of by definition lived through 9/11 but they weren't really PART OF the politics or anything

unless they had a love one literally die in WTC or something

Their main attempt to Do Something was Occupy and that was a wet fart

millennials are the generation that "came of age" around 9/11

in other words, they were the ones turning 18 and signing up to fight in Bush's wars

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lmao

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bullshit I'm not looking that up this isn't real

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ROTC at my high school was full of weebs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

:thunk:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know why people think the man who was literally sued for not paying his staff is a good person.

Like, no, he isn't, he's an rear end in a top hat who likes yelling at people while telling people it's for their own good, and who has parlayed that into a career where he gets shipped around to be abusive to people for a living, while telling them it's for their own good.

clearly you haven't seen the show because they all deserve to be yelled at

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Americans love watching trash

Speaking of, love after lockup is coming back and I expect to see some spicy fuckin memes in this thread boys

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Paladinus posted:

In real life he's a complicated person with good and bad qualities. I'm basing this on interacting with other people in real life.

this poo poo has no place here on the internet

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

not another teen movie and the first three scary movies are all gold

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nerds and their fuckin beards lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think Conan is legit the naturally funniest comedian out there and I love all of his remotes, but I don't watch his show because late night just sucks. I don't care about celebrities

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

always sunny seasons 1-7 are good

you know when to laugh when you're watching it because McElhenney breaks character in the background

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I think the show runners really were just that loving stupid

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they're great cars

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*pushes up glasses*

star wars is directly inspired by the hidden fortress by Akira Kurosawa, which is what the poster means when they say it's a samurai movie

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

I have non-REM sleep parasomnias (I sleep walk and sleep talk, but I'm not acting out a dream) and it sucks. Maybe the opposite of sleep paralysis, sleep wandering around doing disorganized things. When I wake up in the middle of them, it's ookily spookily scary. Now I take medicine that knocks me out all the way at night.

last night I had a dream in which I was working retail in a clothing store inside my childhood home. there were like fifty employees and no customers. we got called into the break room which was where the garage was supposed to be, and this big bearded assistant manager started ranting and raving about how we "can't talk about gay marriage because we don't support gay marriage at this company!"

I piped up and said "what are you talking about? this is embarrassing." He proceeded to get in my face and yell incoherent poo poo until he just started pointing at himself with his thumb and repeating "I'M PRIDE! I'M PRIDE! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT??" I didn't respond and the room went quiet and the meeting ended.

I went out to the front yard to call my wife and tell her about this crazy guy in the meeting, but she wasn't having any of it. She just kept telling me to go out to the pool in the back yard (my childhood home did not have a pool) because her friend left his sunglasses out there on a towel and he really needed them.

I went to the back yard, and sure enough there was a pool and some sunglasses on a towel on the ground. I picked up the sunglasses, and turned around and there was a skunk right behind me. I started scrambling away from the skunk and trying to get in the back door, but there was a loving lawn chair hooked to the belt loop in the rear end of my pants and I couldn't fit through the door.

The skunk sprayed me, and I finally got inside to find that everyone was in there waiting on me and they started laughing because they all knew there was a skunk out there, and my wife was in on it. They all hated me because I made a scene at the meeting. Then I woke up.

Now my wife keeps yelling "I'M PRIDE!" at me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you want to have vivid dreams, smoke weed for a while then stop smoking it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I posted a dream story, but I'm not gonna lie; I didn't read anyone else's

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I mean what do you really want or expect to hear in that situation lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Whybird posted:

"Oh poo poo, that really sucks. I know it's not always easy to believe when you're in that place but for the record, you're a good friend and important to me and I want you to be happy, so if you ever need someone to talk to about it and reassure you that the stuff you're telling yourself is wrong, I'll always make time."

Is a good start.

yeah that's something a friend would say, but I don't have enough friends to break them down into ~types~ so I took the meme to imply these were random people the op doesn't know very well

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zoomers are the best at awkward social situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

meme based group therapy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)