Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sagebrush posted:

thanks to the shift from the julian to the gregorian calendar, june in the past is where february is now

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

(The contrast to the superior counterweight trebuchet is the “onager”.)

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Mar 5, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
PS2 used PS1’s CPU as a helper.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is the only time I’ve been a true neutral.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I use to think Milkshake Ducking was a weird and unfortunate phenomenon but now I realize it's just that goons can't possibly let a thing be popular and they MUST find fault with it

Mmm yes the problem is people who exposed the offence, not with the offender.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Finish reading the rest of the new posts, scrappy. I didn't know he was trying to limit access to abortions

You had to find fault with the fault‐finding itself.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Visible Stink posted:

lmao at the idea that developers are so mad about people not playing their precious vidya game the right way that they put that in the game lol

That’s not it, Commander.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't even a secret anymore, that's the craziest thing about Pizzagate. The only thing they really got wrong was the venue

They got everything wrong except “child abusers exist” and “rich people can get away with crimes”.

No poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MizPiz posted:

They also got right that there's a deep state cabal that's centered around trafficking children to be used as "models" or just outright sexslaves, and that the Clintons (or at least Bill) have and continue to play a major role in it.

Bill Clinton was known to have flown on Epstein’s “Lolita Express”.

Epstein had gotten nothing more than a slap on the wrist, with no investigation into his associates, last time he was caught.

Everyone knows that modelling is a hotbed of human trafficking. It’s is not some clever new way to hide it. People were talking about Trump doing it with pageant contestants.

These were existing observations. They weren’t new ones predicted by any theory.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

He’s got a lover in every port and a gun in every tentacle.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

zoux posted:

Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis

Far Cry 3

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

A lesson that growers have obviously taken very seriously as they mass produce Cavendish banana clones everywhere.

The Banana Defender has logged on.

This isn’t unique to bananas. Every orchard everywhere uses vegetative propagation because it’s great.

Nine‐seven percent of pistachios grown in California, which is itself almost half of world production, are the ‘Kerman‘ cultivar.

That’s more foolhardy than when it’s done with bananas. At least banana growers have good reasons for their monoculture. It’s also less problematic than banana monoculture, because other cultivars of pistachios do exist and are widely grown in Iran and Turkey. The world at large wouldn’t care if Kerman pistachios fell victim to the equivalent of Panama Disease.

What makes banana special is that they can’t be grafted and to be marketable, their fruit must be seedless. No other major crop is under these constraints.

As an overgrown stalk of grass, the banana plant cannot be grafted.

If bananas could be grafted, we could use one rootstock, either genetically diverse seedlings or a cultivar proven to be fungus‐resistant and graft a Cavendish trunk to it.

Developing new varieties is difficult when any good candidate is also by definition a genetic dead end. Many millions of dollars have been spent with little to show for it because banana breeding is hard. It’s not like apples where John McIntosh can find a great new variety growing in his compost heap.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 12:11 on Oct 14, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

Just because other crops are worse doesn't make this ok? And there are shitloads of seedless banana cultivars, they just don't produce them for whatever reason. Various Pacific island countries have tried to produce and market different cultivars, but they got rejected by supermarkets because they couldn't guarantee a year-round supply which is supposedly what consumers want. So we just get Cavendish bananas, until the entire world is unable to grow them anymore I guess.

I’m just tried of the everyone repeating “dId YoU kNoW bAnAnAs ArE cLoNeS?” when it’s true of literally every fruit in the market.

The other banana cultivars I’ve had, while sometimes good in their own ways, taste nothing like the Cavendish. The Pacific Island growers might as well be telling people “You don’t want apples. How about some pears?”

The one exception is “mini banana”, which does taste like a Cavendish and is sometimes is available at stores but it always costs three times as much as a novelty.

Now for some Facebook banana pseudoscience.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Oct 15, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You know that gif that’s going around with a guy wearing a VR headset to project an image of an anime girl sleeping beside him?

The developers of whatever app that is should start up a game of Skyrim when users awaken on April first.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zzulu posted:

Anything is possible via the power of memes made by 14-28 year old mentally stunted idiots

It’s Millennials, so they’re all at least into their twenties, but it’s Republicans, so they’re actually pushing fifty.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Antivehicular posted:

Also, this comes up because the dragons go into these crazy mating frenzies, and their riders have to gently caress the riders of whatever dragon their dragon fucks, because psychic bond or something? Also only like 1% of all dragons are fertile females, and 50% are infertile females, but I guess they all go gently caress-crazy? Also the greens are the crappiest dragons and used to take female riders, but then there was a population crash so women don't even get to ride the crappy dragons anymore because they have to stay barefoot and pregnant.

RFC2324 posted:

I think I read every last one of them and I never caught any whiff of gay is bad. for its time it seemed amazing that there were gay people who were just portrayed as normal people

If women don’t ride dragons, it should be 100% gay.

What am I missing?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm so glad I stopped reading swords and ephebophilia style literature at a young age.

Congratulations on escaping grooming.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Turn on your monitor.

sorry, couldn't resist

I was going to write “congratulations on not being groomed”, but then I realised it could be read as an insult about hygiene.

So I walked right into that one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This is probably the most efficient way to say "I'm a liberal and don't give a gently caress about black or LGBT people" next to supporting Warren or Biden.

People who are black or LGBT can’t like pizza or beer?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The quote juxtaposed with Socrates was written by some guy for his Cambridge dissertation in 1907.

That’s the smaller issue. The larger is that Plato is far too well‐known to represent Generation X.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

(But imagine Kelvin and Celcius are both pointing their guns at Fahrenheit because they only have a very minor disagreement)

Kelvin would join forces with Rankine to defeat Kelvin’s evil father, Celsius.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I’ve worked in multiple factories that used 24 hours/100 minutes for time cards. So 6:45 PM was 18.75.

Did anyone actually call them minutes?

Looks like fractional hours to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s Loss.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenistrator posted:

So with Epstein, I may be out of the loop, doesn't that make pizza gate true? Why aren't the conspiracy theorists that supported that tooting their horns? Asking for a friend, haha.

“Epstein’s murder makes pizzagate true” is like “the B‐2 existing makes flying saucers true”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

The fact that there's a billionaire pedophile ring has been public knowledge since Epstein's first trial in like 2012.

I know you said “like”, but I want it to be clear how long ago it was.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXukwNQG0uA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOK6YJmT5_w

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“claim”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Intoluene posted:

I feel this. You can also replace BMW with shitbox car and it still works.

I mean it’s obvious that statements continue to make sense if you replace words with synonyms.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Marx and Engels were privileged.

Therefore we should reject communism. :hmmyes:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
E-readers got better pixel density in that time and that’s the only improvement I needed.

My mind went here and now you must share it with me:

“Dream of the Fisherman”

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 14:05 on Dec 15, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I saw an episode and it looked like literal poo poo that had been evacuated from someone's bowels and also sounded like anime so IDK maybe it sucks?

Huge reveal here:

Jerry Cotton watches dubbed anime.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bluemillion posted:

>Get in car with bear.

>./envirobear2000.app

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s from a Creative Convention contest that ended this week.

I’m at a loss for words.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FFT posted:

As long as those are Luxardo cherries and not black olives, would.

I was thinking grapes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Is that CGI rather than practical effects?

The message can’t just be stuck to the bottom of the pan. It slides into place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
So it does. Simple and effective.

https://i.imgur.com/Smd0rew.mp4