Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

soylon posted:

y'all know you can mute them right?

Not around here you can't. They purposefully crank them to max volume so they can just listen for the 'thank you for shopping at (wherever). Please remove your items and don't forget your receipt' to know you paid and aren't a thief or whatever without having to check your receipt or having to stand near the center island thing. It's loving annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

porktree posted:

That is mother fuckin’ Morticia Addams.

And shes giving us the dirt on the Munsters, not that its any of her business

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

More of these. Or point me where to find more of these. To do otherwise would be heresy.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

That's who you have issue with being on that? He's right next to Keith David ffs.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Why the gently caress is Keith David on here??

Yes, thank you. Make them go rear end to rear end.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Samuringa posted:

It always fascinates me how popular WH40K is with the military, it's like a stereotype someone would make up.

I always found more people who played Magic than WH or that even read WH. Also there were way more marine nerds than we had navy nerds on the ship which I also found strange.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I haven't seen the documentary about Apu, but do they acknowledge the fact that its not just Apu, but like theres tons of stereotypes on the Simpsons?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

FrensaGeran posted:

Yes. One of the main problems is that for Indian-Americans and South Asians the racist stereotype of Apu is the ONLY representation they had in the 1990s. The only other famous Indian was the white guy from Short Circuit in brownface.

So to say all the characters in The Simpsons are stereotypes is completely missing the point.

I'm asian so only seeing people 'the same as you' on tv or in movies growing up as either the bad guy or the kung fu guy (something that still happens today even though Hollywood has started pandering a bit to the asian market), I totally get it. I don't think its missing the point at all. We're talking about a show that stereotypes everyone for laughs vs shows and movies that single out races to be the butt of jokes or stereotypes being used to show a problem that exists vs better examples such as Short Circuit. I think Apu is a more widely known character and thats why he was selected as the face of the problem vs how much perceived 'damage' he is doing which is my point.

I'll check out the doc to see if it changes my mind.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Season 2 of Cobra Kai certainly going in an interesting direction.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cat pooping?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

remusclaw posted:

There is still time for them to be absorbed into the Navy.

They are already in the Navy. The marines are a department of the Navy (as they will tell you, the MENS dept. Hurr)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Lion King reboot lookin cute

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Randaconda posted:

who the gently caress forgot Rock Me Amadeus?

Not me. My friend tricked me into sitting through the movie Amadeus by claiming that song was in there. It angers me to this day.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

MizPiz posted:

Same but mechas

What are you blind? What the hell does that look like to you?

EDIT: counterpoint, if it also means we get Minmay singing 'stagefright' again I say lets go ahead and skip this.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Thats... thats the SDF-1

I mean, not only is it transformable into a punching robot, its has transforming mecha inside it too.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

pseudorandom posted:

Eh, I'd much rather we divert capitalist war money to fund shoving robots.

Good luck, push/shove bot technology has already reached its limit

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I do shoe sock shoe sock, and by the end of the day the socks are pretty torn up but my shoes always look brand new

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

only one i don't know is the weird blue one between fozzie and the gummi bear

My Pet Monster.

EDIT: wait this is a trap to reveal other olds, isnt it?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Thats why I asked if it was a trap for olds. Most are recognizable to everyone for having a reboot or appear today in some form, then pepper in one or two who havent and see who recognizes them.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Tetracube posted:

6969 6969 6969 6969

the CVV on the back is 420

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

bike tory posted:

Randa isn't the only one who posts them but yes they are the loving worst

Never stop posting the Sesame Street memes people. Never stop.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is really hosed up. I don’t like it because it strongly suggests someone is going to shoot up a theater fly planes into buildings and kind of wish you’d remove it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Into the Spider Verse was a good movie but the after credits scene was the best/funniest part for above reasons

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Thunder rear end? So I fart loudly I guess?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I get twice as many of those since I moved to another state and then registered to vote here but kept my old number/area code from there. Local, state, and presidential election texts out the rear end.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Here it is in a mechanical suit

And disposal shortly after removing

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Who's Gandalf?

Ligma Balls!

EDIT: gently caress! beaten

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Also the massive veiny butthole and ballsack is ludicrously detailed.

Whenever someone visits me I make a point of showing them Bluecifer. Its the best.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Absolutely NEVER cook with or breathe the smoke of treated wood, building materials, or pallets as they contain immediately lethal toxins / carcinogens.

I'm looking at getting a cord of wood for the fireplace this winter and there are tons of ads on Facebook marketplace for broken down pallets and construction leftovers being offered as free firewood.

I have some leftover wood in my backyard from the previous owner, I burned what I could last winter and what's left over is what was left directly on the ground and gotten moldy. You shouldn't burn moldy wood either. Oh and there's what looks to be part of a telephone pole. I have no clue where they got it but I sure as hell am not burning that indoors.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

he's doing tiger knees in heaven now.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My black cat woke me up today by screaming, then ran in circles and jumped on me until I let him outside, and then immediately started screaming to be let back in.

My theory is that cats are dumb little gremlins regardless of color and if you think otherwise then you just haven't owned a cat of that color yet.

Got a black and an orange cat and this is my everyday. But I think it has more to do with who raised the cat. Ginny came from the pound and she has great manners and is absolutely sweet. Creampuff is my orange cat I raised from a kitten and shes an absolute idiot. I'm the dumb gremlin and it has to be my fault she acts like that.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

This is me and IDGAF. Even the cat colors are correct.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I loved Wilder and Pryor's movies together and if you could go back in time and recast Lethal Weapon with them in it I'd be down for it. Theres probably half a dozen movies that would be just as awesome if not better with them in it.

Stir Crazy is still great.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

cross-quoting to let you know it is Wednesday my dudes, wanna make something of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Now do the needful and replace Omniman standing over Invincible with Foghorn