Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

I did the ESPN bracket, for some reason it wouldn't let me pick Evansville to win the tournament? I think it's a bug.

edit: Also have you seen how bad the MEAC and SWAC are? I'm pretty sure none of them have a winning record outside of conference.
edit2: Ok NC Central does but they're the only one.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Probably Magic posted:

Please welcome your newest member of the Big Ten, your Evansville Purple Aces.

Still more competitive than Rutgers.

Hell loving yes! However Evansville doesn't have football or hockey so the B1G probably wouldn't take us. Their loss I guess.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Real sad to see Wichita go but also funny that they left the Valley for a worse conference.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

In Valley news:

quote:

Murray State and Valparaiso have received visits from Missouri Valley Conference officials this week as the league seeks to replace departing Wichita State,

The MVC also has campus visits planned for Omaha and Wisconsin-Milwaukee, according to the Peoria Journal Star. MVC officials, per policy, aren't commenting on the search process.
Christ.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I'm cool with Valpo.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Good to see Miami is winning at a sport again (also wrong thread)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ohio State to announce new "Intentionally Coachless" team.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Come on NCAA, give em the death penalty.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

EvanTH posted:

I hope they are. Working for free is charity, which has its place, but not paying your employees is criminal.

What's worse: not paying them, or only paying some of them?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Can't wait for March Madness this year to be Evansville v. Prairie View A&M. Purplest team wins!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ahh yes congress, the people who openly take bribes on a regular basis, throwing a hissy fit about bribery.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Coco13 posted:

Just got my season tickets in the mail. I didn't fully realize how incredibly hosed playing the Big 10 Tournament at the Garden made the schedule until I saw the schedule on the calendar. Badgers have 3 Monday and 3 Friday conference games, including one in December. Not to mention that the Badgers, who replace 4 starters and will be running a lot of freshman out, might be sweating the NCAA tournament for an extra week.

NCAA BB Nov/Dec: gently caress you Jim Delaney.

Wait the Big Ten tourney is in the Garden? The Garden? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Probably Magic posted:

I mean, they don't keep Rutgers around for the competition.

Obviously but you're gonna truck all these midwestern teams to New York just so they can be third fiddle to the Big East and ACC?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I hope every school currently in trouble for academics is taking notes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Grittybeard posted:

He believes it will help Missouri recruit. Same reason he won't play Wichita State.

That's why? Jesus Christ. If you're worried about recruiting just go independent and play only canadian schools.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kiimo posted:

KU would be forced to play MU by law if they were in the same state like UK and UL. UK wouldn't play Louisville either if they weren't forced to because it makes sense to do what is in the best interest of your program for recruiting and for footprint for out of conference games. There are only so many of them.

Kansas and Mizzou is like the only rivalry that isn't actually played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

I'm in SW Ohio and local rivalries NEVER play each other around here.

Dayton won't play Wright State
Xavier won't play Dayton since they are no longer in the same conference
Ohio State wouldn't ever play Cincinnati... I think they are playing this year cause OSU got a new coach.

Xavier-UC is always great, every year. And there could be and should be alot more games like that around here, but the perceived "big school" view it as a no win situation.

There has been some local radio talk about having an "Ohio Cup" type tourney to begin the year. Sounds great, would be awesome and it will never happen.

Right but X and Cincy are the local power rivals. No offense or anything but Wright & Dayton aren't exactly major schools.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 24, 2017

• Locked thread