Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Why, what's wrong with it? Other than it clearly not being a place where people live.

you must not know my aunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Vulcan posted:

Obsidian all the way. You can get huge pieces of it and just smash it into the size you need.
If you want to mine it yourself I believe you'll need a diamond pickaxe but don't quote me on that (its been a while).

gonna quote you on that

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

bEatmstrJ posted:

I don't expect to get all of my money back for this, but I would almost guarantee it won't get changed when I sell.

the only way i can imagine that you might be able to ensure this is if your contract to sell the house included a requirement that both you and any potential buyer undergo psychological personality testing. something like "even if a potential buyer offers 10 times my asking price, i will not sell to them unless they can prove their brain does not work like mine in any way"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

congrats goons, you prevented a sales jockey bigot from experiencing karma

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

bEatmstrJ posted:

Since you took the time to respond constructively, I'll do the same.

I'd like to keep as much natural light as possible, but relocating the shower forced me to block one of the windows. That being said, there are still two very large windows in the bathroom which is without question more than your average bathroom has, including the large master bathroom I had in my previous home.

The tub will be in the exact same location it was prior to the remodel. If anyone awkwardly placed it, its the original home builders. That being said, I don't feel its out of place. It will be in a corner and under a window, which is where most tubs reside. As for the tub storage, the notch in the wall is not tiny, but it is also not a bookshelf. Most modern designs don't have a lot of clutter, and my design doesn't allow for a lot of clutter on purpose.

The shower is cavernous. I'm not sure if you've used a large shower before but I had a multi-head large shower in my previous bathroom and it didn't get cold. Unless you're shaving, chances are you will still be under some part of the water stream which will keep you warm. Additionally my design has floor to ceiling glass which will trap in heat (while still having a vent so as not to make a mildew pit). There are two notches in the shower, opposite the shower heads, to hold shampoo and soaps for storage, and two perfectly good benches to store excess items on if needed. There will be a hand shower installed as well (this is hard to add in a 3d render with my skill level). Also there should be no problems standing out of the water whilst shaving with the amount of space in the shower (and various faucet controls).

The vanity tops don't allow for a lot of storage on top, but there will be some, including the middle section. There are storage cabinets and drawers under the sinks which will provide a fair amount of storage. There is an additional vanity that will be large and dedicated for makeup with a large mirror, ample storage and plenty of light, counter space and outlets. This is not shown in my 3d rendering but will be inside of the bathroom taking the place of the old shower.

There is no dedicated robe storage but with the closet being right next to the shower door it would be easy to store them inside the closet. It would also be pretty easy to add some robe hooks in the bathroom if I decide to go that route. There will be towel shelves as part of the design (again not shown in the 3d render).

yeah. but you're still a bigot, so

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

op how do you feel about the fact that your death was prevented by persons who very probably find your views on women abhorrent. like you could very possibly be dead if they had known about your misogyny beforehand and decided not to help you out of the goodness of their hearts

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 2, 2017

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

bEatmstrJ posted:

K, i'm done, this is getting way too goony.

the only "goony" opinions about women in this thread have come from you. hth

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Drape Culture posted:

Your tub can't fall through the floor if you pre-sink it.

there is a towel rack six inches below the shower head :psyduck:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

op you are actually a really good sport

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Wilford Cutlery posted:

My ex and her bff are renting a condo and there's a socket with what looks like thick gauge speaker wire coming out of the wall. I wish I had a picture of it. It's right next to a closet so they just looped it up and stashed it in there, any idea what it might be?

it might just be speaker wire, like you said. it's so you can listen to your hi-fi stereo equipment in more than one room of your house. it's not the most uncommon thing, either: a friend of mine did a project like that a year or two back so he could listen to music direct from his fancy equipment in his kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

Check it out, coffin bathtub.

i can't decide if the coffin is levitating or not

• Locked thread