Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer

WrenP-Complete posted:

OMG, these are beautiful!

Looks cool, but would probably need a ton of natural light to keep all that alive.

Your hanging vanity is *probably* fine OP. You only cut through what, like 90% of only those 2 studs?

I don't know anything about any of that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Man OP, you have GOT to stop cutting corners (and floor joists) to save a few pennies:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816693

That Friends & Family PayPal will get you every time.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Is the quote itemized? How much of that is to just engineer and fix the joists?

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
You should talk him down another $205 to cover that Amazon gift card scam.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
One of two things will happen when OP goes to sell this house. The buyers will either request that OP returns the tub to a non-rock standard configuration prior to closing, or they will build the negative cost of having to reno the tub in via a lower offer, than what he would be getting with a standard bathroom.

I'm selling my house right now, in one of the hottest markets in the country, had 6 simultaneous offers, all well over asking, and the buyers STILL ask for dumb stuff, that I have rightfully turned down. Your market better be smoking OP, if you think you are going to get away with not taking a substantial hit for that bathroom abomination. What you think is cool as a rando single guy tech sales engineer, isn't going to fly with 99.99% of married home shoppers.

The cost to fix this mess, plus the negative equity you are saddling the house with, is insane.

But on the other hand, cool river rocks! Looks super modern and cool. Keep up the good work!

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Know what broads really like? Cleaning moldy rock moats. Dames love hard to clean things. Lets them demonstrate their worth to us men, since they are otherwise usually worthless and all. Cept for makin babies, washing clothes, cooking, etc.

Find yourself one the "good ones", and you'll be fine!

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
From what I recall, the bathroom plan was missing a Spanking Station. Women thrive on discipline, and it's nice to have a dedicated space for when you have to put them in their place.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
OP's unapologetic misogyny derailed the thread, and he bounced, way before the fauxxing .

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Mine is normie builder grade.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Fruit posted:

I spend maybe 15 min in my bathroom each morning, just enough to poo poo, shower, shave and run out of there. My wife on the other hand spends about a half hour each morning. When house hunting, about all I cared about was the correct number of rooms and no obvious fire hazards, we looked at countless homes trying to decide and I would have gladly settled for about a dozen of the homes, my wife was far more picky and sure enough her primary concerns were the kitchen and bathroom. I for one would be just fine making GBS threads in a 5 gallon bucket in a hole over the crawlspace but at least in my scenario, my wife was more selective.

Maybe I should say my wife chose the house, maybe I should say I put the bitch I her place and forced her to accept this home. Or maybe I could do the reasonable thing and say we compromised and she got the bathroom that was her priority item. But nope, gotta have some sexist D&D poster come in here to provide a full detailed analysis of every nook and cranny of a bathroom that doesn't even exist yet to provide the expert female opinion.

This is we can't have nice things, people can't just accept sometimes people want poo poo that is different. It's like asking about car buying and AI and trying to avoid the Miata bandwagon. Who cares if it is not your perfect self cleaning dream bathroom, the rocks will ha e a look beamblaster likes and we might get another epic thread when he realizes they grow mold, or we might be wrong.

Nice meltdown.

• Locked thread