Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Dude I really think you need to consult with someone before moving forward on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Man really listen I am all for the tub falling through the floor but please realize those joists getting replaced or you putting new ones in next to them. Or do whatever not my house.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have a contractor I love and I'll be honest with you I can't get him back to my house I have jobs just not worth his time I've enlisted my friend to help me diy but the two major bathroom jobs that were multiple thousand jobs I had my contractor. Good guys are covered and can't be bothered with a bathroom maybe you should mention that this is a multi thousand dollar fix and they will be more receptive (because it is)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

brugroffil posted:

I'm assuming he just spliced on a pig tail to plug it in to test out the lighting and that the mirror lights will be hardwired in an appropriately rated electrical box during the final installation.

Yes I am 100% sure this is how it was planned

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Please don't let this be the end!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If you cut that top stud the wire is going through completely out there will be more slack. Problem solved.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

This is bullshit, I was promised a goddamned GroverHaus.

I am legitimately bummed this didn't end way worse

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

As a simple homeowner who has had to deal with mold issues (not of my own making), the idea of laying loose rock around a tub in a humid bathroom is freaking me out a little. Okay, a lot.

Why would you purposely do this to yourself?!

Did you not read HE ALREADY HAS THE TUB. It would be idiotic to not put rocks around it at this point. Geez.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Can anyone link to the Hawaii or Texas threads? I've never seen those. I have archives.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have the orginal 1960 cast iron tub in good shape but obviously the bottom of the tub is a little dingy, it is the original finish, is Ajax safe for this? Or something else?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

The Gardenator posted:

Do you mean a 60's cast iron tub covered in porcelain? Cause that's what i have. Except it's forming erosion channels from the decades of water run off, presumably from some kind of cleaner residue as well.

If you ever damage the thing, marine epoxy works great to replace any cracked porcelain. At least I am assuming it's working great, I'll find out when I finally remodel my bathroom.

Yes cast iron with the original porcelain finish on top...it doesn't have any chips/cracks/channels so that is why I am being careful. Haven't really cleaned it much in the 9 years I've been in the house other than wiping it down and the occasional good old scrubbing (the tub is very clean just gets a little non-bright white in the bottom)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thanks will be cleaning with baking soda and vinegar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
When I remodeled the lone (at the time) bathroom in my house I kept the 50+ year old Standard toilet as it flushed so well and I was worried about new hippy eco toilets. When I converted a closet into a half bath later I used a new Kohler toilet with some kind of "air flush" thing and man it is fantastic! I could definitely see it taking on the nugget challenge.

• Locked thread