Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

i'm going to estimate your age at roughly 300

Can we get an admin itt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

I'll see what I can do. No guarantees though.

They've seen it though

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's not a Hyatt regency that I stay at. Which still has cum tho

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Turtlicious posted:

I legit want to know why he was going to sink the tub, please inquiring minds want to know.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

angryrobots posted:

You have a good attitude moving forward.

It would drive me absolutely bonkers, knowing that simply asking an internet forum about my plan ahead of time, could have saved me something like $20k. I couldn't handle that.

A comedy message board.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Godspeed OP

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Guys, who fills their tub to the top? poo poo is safe. Move forward OP.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

If I was buying a house with a bathroom like this I'd ask for like 40k knocked off the price for when I had to gut it and put in a usable cleanable bathroom.

Similar advice that I received on my "should I put in an in ground pool" thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

Man, tough crowd. I didn't know you guys hated rocks so much.

Sticks and stones, op.

Dr.Smasher posted:

What exactly is a Sales Engineer

That sounds like some Web 2.0 disruption poo poo

Tech marketing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

We keep sales people honest and demo tech to prospective clients. Apparently we are a pain in the rear end to support? I am in Infosec, which makes me the worst.

Pieces are falling in place.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

Things are not set in stone. Don't get too excited.

Your a good egg/rock.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zahgaegun posted:

Hang in there OP, goons love to pile on.

I just voted 5 and I never vote. Op n me are tite

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

90% of the time these all-glass bathrooms are overlooking the water though, which means anyone in a boat can peep your dilz.

Sorry about ur peenz

Yeah that looks terrible. Lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

brugroffil posted:

We loved our quartz countertops at our old house for how easy they were to take care of

I want a quartz refriderator.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

Time for some :science:

Since I have some time before I'll ever get to the point of actually installing my bathtub, I put together a mock mold garden to see how well it grows in my bathroom. I splashed it with a bit of water and will let it fester for a while. Will update as spores progress.

Truthfully you peed/jacked off on them, right?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HungryMedusa posted:

Those are the rocks? You couldn't get some shinier ones?

Also I can see getting up to go to the bathroom at 4 am and stepping on an errant rock that has been kicked into the middle of the room and lol.

Those are au natural river rock from the best streams in southern Missouri

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bEatmstrJ posted:

Those are not the rocks. These are just test rocks. I'd probably go with some smoother and more uniform river rock. But it was what they had available at Home Depot when I went.

Home Depot, youre loving priceless.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I'm a woman and while I don't speak for all women, nothing about that bathroom suits the way I'd want to use the space even ignoring the aesthetic side of things.

I like as much natural light as possible for putting on my makeup, and just waking myself up in the morning, and you boarded up a window. The dark gray stone and red paint are also going to soak up all the artificial light and make the bathroom dank and cave-like, so hard to see what I'm doing.

The tub is awkwardly-placed and has nowhere but that tiny notch in the wall to store soaps, oils, grooming tools, or the book, wine, and music player I'd need to have a properly girly soak.

The shower is cavernous, and thus would be freezing unless you had both showerheads going, there's again nowhere to store anything, and like a lot of women I prefer a removable showerhead so I can clean my body without getting my hair wet, because drying and setting it is a pain in the rear end I like to save for shampoo days. You've got a sort of bench thing I think that might be workable for shaving your legs on, but it forces you to stand in the path of the shower, meaning your shaving soap is going to constantly rinse off while you're working, not to mention your hair's getting wet again.

The sinks, again, no storage space, no clear flat workspace for laying out hot tools, makeup, and cosmetics. If that low part in between is meant to be the vanity, it's cramped and has no mirror, no lighting, and only one electrical socket, which is frequently not enough when I've got a blow-dryer going, a flat iron heating up, and I want to charge my phone.

I don't see anywhere to store towels or robes either.

Some girls are definitely a lot more wash-and-go than I am, but the fact that you're thinking of wooing a woman with a luxury bathroom makeover in the first place means you probably go for a traditional type of girl. Traditional girls tend to need bathroom storage and a place to plug in their hot rollers.

Mrs. Burt Sexual? Great break down.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sorry about the unfair role I played in our home-buying process, dear.

You did get a little lippy during the closing, that's man time.

Nah I don't think he's some mega red pill guy, just a dude with too much money, time, and well, bad design experience.

My wife has a poo poo ton of appliances that she loves and uses in the bathroom, we installed more outlets the first year. Still don't have enough space to hide all the product, she uses a (two) wire basket. I'm bad at satisfying women.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

OSI bean dip posted:

No. He's just a moron that works in sales. He's the type that thinks he's all 'enlightened' and can do or say nothing wrong. Because we're calling him out on his bullshit, this is no longer a safe space for his opinions and thus because he's also a coward he runs away in a huff because he fears having to face up to his own convictions.

It's like he thought he was smart enough to do his own renovations but so far we've seen a lack of GFCIs, cuts into engineered floor joists, and in another case junction boxes that are inaccessible in addition to suspect wiring. He defends it all because being that he's in his late 30s and has nothing to account for in his life other than this house, any attempt to show that he is doing the one thing he has going "right" in his life as anything otherwise is an affront to his fragile ego.

Look man, I want the guy to post the mold.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wtf you goons rear end in a top hat. See ya

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

i'd be pissed off about this except when you decide to self-host your images for reasons i can't even begin to imagine, on your personal/business site, that's gonna happen

Ban

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MiniFoo posted:

it's already been quoted, by a mod no less, so editing my post won't fix anything

sorry I ruined the thread for everyone, I guess

How stupid are you irl?

E: why did you leave the let's play threads? Lol

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 3, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MiniFoo posted:

pretty dumb, actually

not dumb enough to ruin the structural integrity of my bathroom, though

You live in your dads spare shed. With no tub or shower.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Exif and linked in is dox and congrats on being internet weirdos. Irrespective of the ops stupidity. Ban every repost or drill down pics.

/r/diy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MiniFoo posted:

yeah, this is a little different

How so? Before your banned, quick.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MiniFoo posted:

it's already been quoted, by a mod no less, so editing my post won't fix anything

sorry I ruined the thread for everyone, I guess

vvv [edit] all I did was open his 3D renders from the first page into new tabs, and realized he self-hosted them, then went to check out his site, which is completely public to the internet

How does one just realize he self hosted, then accidentally go to his site, then repost them on SA? By accident?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MiniFoo posted:

man, you don't even know how nice that shed is though. no mice or chemicals or anything

Do you lp in the shed? Are there ponies?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

El Estrago Bonito posted:

And I mean, it's not like his site/DJ career isn't literally under his SA username.

Bitch was wearing a tight tank top.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

IDGAF about OP's wack-rear end DJ career, I wanna talk about how his only aesthetic reference points for luxury appear to be mid-priced hotel chains and the car stereo department at Best Buy.

Agree, I'd post my lame jacuzzi layout with ample wire rack space and tiled hunter green floor. Lol. But exif will bring goons to my house or street view posts of my kids at the bus stop.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

We appreciate your disability, return to let's play land. Clear?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seminal Flu posted:

Such a good thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sucks an idiot scared away op with all that non doxing, now y'all can have a group jo session about him alone.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seminal Flu posted:

We're not alone, you're here with us... watching.

*getting turgid*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Burt Sexual posted:

*getting turgid*

lol I love my new av thanks!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Look Sir Droids posted:

Somebody get OP back. If he can get over being doxxed the first time surely he can get over being talked down to by a woman.

I'm trying. He's not appreciating the design criticism, which frankly some is spot on, others are just idiotic for lame comedy sake. Post your bathrooms goons.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Megabound posted:

My bathroom is tiny and sad, which is why this thread makes me so angry.

Same, but mine is probably nicer with more storage and shelf space....

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This is dumb too. Nobody needs to post pictures of their homes to prove they know en suite mold farms are a bad idea.

Post ur bathroom bitch :)

E: don't use your own site to host!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FoldableHuman posted:

This thread has taught me so much. Moss bathmats. Suspended bathglobes. Three-story rain showers. And here all I want is a tub that's about 4" deeper than the one I have.

Also I had to get a suction-cup soap tray because the ~aesthetic~ placement of the in-wall soap tray leaves water from the shower pouring right over the soap. This takes my fancy bar soap and turns it into a soap-stalactite hanging from the drainage hole in the dish.

OP: post the mold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cru Jones posted:

OP here's my bathroom, can I get a swoon factor evaluation?

While I like the amount of counter space, I feel my wife would fill it up, both counters. It's like a garage, you fill to the space you have.

• Locked thread