Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

discworld is all I read posted:

(like there's nothing more awkward than a guest commentator you have planned bringing up guro before recording...).

:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I still can't believe advertisers deem videos about depression being unworthy of generating ad revenue.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

I've always heard it said that the First Amendment only stops the government from censoring whatever you say, and even then it's kind of limited in that regard (i.e. if I work from a Congressman and call him a shithead on Facebook, I can still get canned). As far as I know, Google is a private organization and can lawfully ban or censor anything that doesn't agree with their corporate values or harm their bottom line. It's not censorship, per se, just capitalism.

That being said, I'm not an American, and I don't know much about you Yanks' Constitution, so I might be wrong on all counts there.

No you're right, it only extends to the government. Otherwise Lowtax would have quite the rap sheet for owning a website that censors people by banning them for saying certain things.

Of course people on the internet take it as a "I can say whatever I want WHAT YOU DISAGREE HOW ABOUT YOU REVOKE YOUR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT AND SHUT THE gently caress UP?!" thing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Woops this was meant for the internet critic thread

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 27, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Who knew saying poo poo like "Rich blacks will commit more crimes then poor whites" would have some sort of fallout.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm really, really hoping Phil actually did it cause he wants a relationship with Leanna and not because she was wearing a fake engagement ring around and he was getting embarrassed from it.

Though honestly, it is a bit depressing that he is now putting it all on you, his viewers, to keep him afloat for the two of them actually get married.

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait what? I remember the awkward as poo poo Twitch date, but this one's new to me.

I think thats the gaijin goomba guy. AKA...

This guy

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And speaking of DSP and internet washouts, I guess The Spoonyone has reached it big with getting a This Is How You Don't Play of his Alien stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQeJWrTnmbc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BMS posted:

Let's Play Super Mario RPG on a real TV and SNES

Welcome to the future of LP's: Retro style.

I thought it was a joke, but then he has 11 videos of it so far....which is a long time to carry a joke.

Oh, also, analog TV bitches.

What kind of tv is that? Is it like a plasma or an led tv?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVwSY_UsctM

So Phil talking about his Machinima contract. Turns out in the end he outright told them "I don't like how I'm being treated, I want to talk to a manager who will treat me right" to which Machinima decided gently caress it, get out of here.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ApeHawk posted:

guys i think you should all donate to me if that doesn't persuade you then let me guilt trip you. guys?guys?

Like, I don't even feel anything for him anymore. He ran out of sympathy when he decided to never grow as a person when he started this """"""""career"""""""".

Edit: also he's saying how he needs to pay his bills but he's making $1100/month on patreon alone. That plus even 100 views on each of his spitfired videos each month, plus sponsorships and twitch.tv subs...yeah, dude is beyond being lazy and greedy.

His girlfriend also has a job, so that adds some extra income.

Wait. Wait wait wait.

His girlfriend, his bride to be, the person he wants to live with all his life has a loving job while he refuses to get one himself

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, same here. Hell, odds are I might end up thinking better of the game makers and/or the LP'er for doing so.

EDIT: Unless it's some rape game or whatever. That poo poo's gross no matter how ethical one might be.

Well I guess I shouldn't post my sponsored LP of rapelay then.

Carbon dioxide posted:

If Slowbeef doesn't manage his brand well, he's gonna end up like Darksydephil!

Have you ever noticed slowbeef and dsp has never been in the same lp together? Makes you think!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Just watched the Men Drinkin' Coffee's Pewdiepie game let's play and man what a tremendous waste of a good pixel artist that game is
I mean horrible awful pewdiepie humor and lets play circle jerking not withstanding (and the game's humor itself was pretty bad too) the gameplay was super mediocre at best

Don't forget the audio quality for the dialogue. It sounds like it was done through a tin can and string.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure MDC stopped posting on SA because Judge is powerless to stop the trolls on SA

CJacobs posted:

For those that don't want to watch (and who can blame you): Youtube's recent policy changes now require you to have a Google Adsense account to run ads and monetize your videos. Because he was partnered until just recently, this was not a problem for him because he was managed by them and did not need to do this. However, now that he's on his own he has to have a Google Adsense account for all of his stuff. Phil has two gaming channels, but you can only have one Adsense account tied to your name. The way to resolve this is to link both channels to your single Adsense account instead of applying for different Adsense accounts for both... but for some reason he seems to not understand that he can do this.

But his dumbass got himself banned from adsense for telling his fans to click links multiple times a day and poo poo. Just... lmao. Current Phil is paying for Past Phil's mistakes. And Current Phil's mistakes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Has he even entertained the thought of getting a goddamn Patreon or something?

He has one, makes a bit over a grand a month. He constantly, constantly begs for more donations. Every prestream he would do a plug for it, and then he caught wind that his viewers would not come in during the prestream and wait until he starts to play the game... so he started randomly stopping to give his sales pitch. Whats great is people suggest maybe adding more perks to the patreon to entice pledges and make previous pledgers up their pledge. He doesn't want to do that, he literally stated he doesn't want to do additional work for his pledgers. I repeat: the guy doesn't want to do more work for people who are directly paying him! He just wants them to pledge more just cause he gives quality khantent and that "there was some real good that has come from this". Like his videos provide some sort of feel good charity feeling to the people who watched his unedited, poorly played LPs

Leal fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 3, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

So I don't know who pays attention to them, but the Sons of Kojima are currently talking to two higher up members of DSP's new MCN, Laveria Media...except as it turns out the two of them did very little with the company, and haven't been at the company for years despite still being listed on the website. As it turns out, Laveria Media is owned by a 20-year old that doesn't know what he's doing, who is still in university, and there's heavy evidence that the MCN is a glorified homework assignment.

This is loving hilarious. DSP is the gift that just continues to give and honestly I'll be a little sad when everything finally comes to a head and he closes up shop.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also I guess Phil managed to get an adsense account, he may of used PandaLee's information to create the adsense account since he himself is banned from adsense.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Maybe DSP should have a segment where he talks about the truth with no bullshit. Maybe some catchy title that matches his King of Hate persona. I was thinking he could call this segment the Hateful Facts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Phil's biggest problem is that he was ahead of his time, and it was much too early to out yourself as a racist piece of poo poo. If he just rebranded himself as an Alt-Right LPer, he'd probably have a huge audience. Maybe even partner up with JonTron and become the new GameGrumps.

Well hey now, I could use a few more subs on my channel. Maybe I can make some sort of muslim jokes in my arma 3 videos, even nazi gold is still gold!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6VuRu9q-g

Sons of Kojima's Interview with Laveria Media CEO and General Manager.

There is something hilarious about a CEO of a MCM outright saying things like "Well if he actually had good content" about Phil's complaint Vlogs and making remarks about not editing.

E: "Why does Phil think everything is broken? Is he... special?" - CEO man :vince:

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 11, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cangelosi posted:

Or maybe he should play Yakuza 2 and actually finish it.

Or Scarface. Or finish Persona 3 (was that the one he ragequit at the last boss for?)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Phil not knowing how to make money and shooting people who would help him make more money is a pretty apt metaphor for his current situation.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

You can merchandise through a service like Teespring, Zazzle or RedBubble...

So uh... Retsupurae Meet n' gently caress tshirts when?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought Doug moved into being more skit heavy just to minimize showing the actual movie clips and getting smacked with copyright claims?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So Phil recently put up a vlog about an emergency, his girlfriend had an anxiety attack at work and had to go to the hospital. And just... christ, the guy is a complete loving dickhead. He "flubs" saying "Leanna has a history of doing this" about her having anxiety attacks, talks poo poo about his taxi driver, just... lord, Phil really is just an awful human being.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think the worst part of it all is phil still doing shout outs and poo poo while talking about all of this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ramos posted:

Off the topic of Phil for a moment, if any of you haven't watched Retsupurae in a while, Slowbeef and TieTuesday have been hitting up those weird bootleg cartoons on Youtube, starting with a bunch of Mickey Mouse ones. I really recommend giving it a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1uiYXWIGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5If1ZWfNoJM

So you know youtube's whole thing in regards to copyright is just "we will immediately capitulate cause we don't want to be sued, even if the person making the claim doesn't actually own the copyright also we will send them checks with no verification" right? So is youtube's verification thing also automated (wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, gotta be as hands off as possible)? How did they look at this channel and go "yeah lets verify them, disney sure as poo poo isn't going to come crashing down on us for this channel"

.... Why hasn't Disney hit it yet? You can't have a million+ views and NOT have Disney be notified. Disney is the company that tells daycare centers they can't have paintings of Micky Mouse on their walls, I wouldn't think they would tolerate this crap.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
THEKINGOFHATEVLOGS might be a funny name but his live segments called Hate Live makes me think Phil is gonna show us a crappy high school girl anime.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Phils comments are just full of trolls anyways, saying stuff like "maybe don't keep your condo" and "maybe don't eat crab for dinner" and even "stop making poor financial decisions". Can you blame the guy for wanting to turn it off?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

More proof that the haters will stop at nothing to somehow "one up" a man who simply wants to forget his camera is on and jack off on The New Media.

Maybe Phil just needs to show the haters what for. Maybe a hate van he can pile them all into and dump them into the trash at the end of his streams, they'll learn to not do that again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
No they're right, DarkSydeBeef shouldn't exploit DaveyMachineGun.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I may of taken a year and a half to do MGSV but dammit, I say I put more effort into that then he put in those same 18 months. I cut the boring poo poo out :\

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
lmao this new thread title. The saga of Phil Burnell needs to be archived it needs to be studied. I already have a title ready for it: This is how you DON'T make a living being a LPer!

Whaaat, you mean disclosing confidencial medical information about my girlfriend and trying to make her visit to the emergency room comedic would have her break up with me? How was I supposed to know that?! loving Kojima"

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 1, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Don't forget, Leanna had a job. She was actually working. Now that income is out of Phil's hands.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

That doesn't work.

Thats quitter talk

So lets get this list of people DSP has associated with and the result:

JohnRambo: Would have the guy drive across the state to do cocommentary, tried to screw him out of a 50/50 split because he "isn't getting the ad revenue information anymore". And if the commentary he did with Howard was any indication, John paid for his own gas and his own meals. DSP did not loving FEED the guy for driving all the way to his house! DSP threw him under the boss with the rest of the Project 7 guys, claiming they just cut contact

Project 7: Didn't want to pay anyone involved. He didn't pay Howard, he didn't pay John, he didn't pay Respect The Pack who DID THE EFFECTS FOR FREE. DSP took the money his patreons paid for P7 and said he got a sign from heaven to not do P7 anymore, then threw everyone invovled under the bus.

Machinama: "gently caress you Machinima!"

Banks: loving predators and profiteers *takes a loan out for a 4 bedroom house in a gated community, a BMW, keeps his condo in another state that he doesn't want to rent out*

Leanna's family: Stood up her brother's wedding to play Fallout 4

His local taxi cab: Wow dood stereotypical arabian drivers who can't speak english!

Youtube: They hosed me up the rear end again and its so far stretched out, they're a bunch of loving NERDS who aren't street smart and think they're hot poo poo with their harvard degree!

Mom and Dad: They didn't buy me the correct superhero figurine!

And finally, Leanna who he decided to try and make a hiii~larious event about his misadventures of seeing his fiance at the loving *emergency room* and she dumped his rear end. Currently waiting for him to throw her under the bus as well.

You really cannot come out ahead being involved with Phil in any way shape or form.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bman in 2288 posted:

Holy poo poo, what the actual gently caress. Could someone elaborate these, because I cannot process this. He got signs from God and he stood up a wedding... because?!

His reasoning for cancelling P7 was because he realized he wanted to "do it justice" and wanted to "do it right" and he had to get a proper camera for recordings and blah blah and at some point in the video he exclaims he got a sign from heaven saying "Phil, don't do project 7!" E: Then he assures his fans he'll put the money into other things to provide entertainment for his fans, and says "at least you know I'm not taking the money and running"

And yeah, he stood up the wedding so he could do Fallout 4 because it would bring him mad streamer cash. Here is a video that helps out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqOpsrU_I9c

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Really thats the thing with Phil, it isn't just he is bad at the video games, he is plain bad at being a human.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Lords of the Fallen? Sure, I can completely sympathize with that rage-quit cause that game is pure garbage.

Also, he wasn't long getting over the break up:

holy

loving

poo poo

Phil is a god drat scumbag. I lost my relationship with someone I was very, very close to and I'm still feeling the pain of her absence. But Phil here apparently just tosses the woman he freaking proposed to off with apparently zero problems. And him saying he is the master of his own life, there is no constraints, as if Leanna was this noose around his neck. She had a job, she would be out of the house for periods of time. She not only used to make trips to visit him but then also moved out with him to another state away from friends and family.

My lady and I didn't do anything requiring nearly that much commitment and yet I'm feeling more pain losing her then this chucklefuck does with a woman he loving proposed to!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh almost forgot: Phil also threw the nurse under the bus after he made her get him and Leanna a meal because she didn't put any cheese on the sandwich. Then he ate Leanna's sandwich.

Not only did Phil not give John Rambo a sandwich to eat for driving across the state to do cocommentary, he also ate his at the time fiance's sandwich.

Leal fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 2, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My favorite Phil fake reactions are things like when he misses something or doesn't know what to do and someone in the stream chat says something he'll play it off as "wait a minute, wait, I think I saw something" and comes back and "just guesses" perfectly. Or he'll obviously stall for time and when he does this he just goes "don't know what to do!" and pans the camera back and forth. And even after doing this obvious stalling for time he'll turn around "oh wait a minute, I think I know"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Another week, another instance of Phil opening his stupid mouth without thinking:

Phil has now gotten to the point that he thinks his detractors are gonna break into his house, and he compares it to the Columbine School shootings.

Edit: And NOW he's blaming Leanna for his "ruined" sleep schedule...

The gently caress is this guy's deal blaming the poor girl on this? And what sleeping schedule? Its not like he needs to be at work at a certain time, he can tell his viewers "Hey guys I'll be streaming at this time" any time to "fix" his schedule.

E: If I may again bring up my recent relationship woes, when I got switched to a 2 am shift at work I would have to sleep at 5 to wake up at 1 to get 8 hours. But for my ex to keep with her schedule I opted instead to sleep at 12pm and wake up at 8pm. It was rough, I would get pretty tired near the end of my shift at work but it was worth it for her. Even though we split I'm not going to go back and attack her for 'ruining" my schedule, I did it cause I wanted to do it. Even though it didn't work out between us it was still worth it at the time and I have no regret doing it.

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 6, 2017