Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I'll put in a plug for Rooster Teeth's Let's Play channel, which at the very least is notable because it's the only channel on Youtube with that actual name. I think Geoff snagged it in 2006 or something without realizing how useful it would be later.

Anyway, that main draw here is the six (later five, and now six again, with frequent guests) guys' chemistry with each other and very tight editing work, which is especially impressive given that they're usually hopping between six or more screens to find the most exciting/hilarious thing happening at any given moment.

This is the video that got me hooked on RT in general. Start at around 8:30 or so for the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3U1VLuLlqc

Another one of my favorites is their XCOM 2 video, where they (having never played this game before) each control one person by giving orders to the guy actually playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhr7Du6z8U

Also, none of them are Nazis, which is a thing I guess we actually have to say now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Scaramouche posted:

*Looks at Steam "Recent Releases" list*

Back...to?

IIRC something like 60% of all Steam games were released in 2016. It's mind-boggling how little quality control there is.