Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If you want someone who plays a bunch of horror games but doesn't constantly mug for the camera and scream, the artist formerly known as HarshlyCritical John Wolfe is a cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah let's be honest, unless you actually work for the website, only an idiot would rely on YouTube for their livelihood. This is just natural selection.

That's a pretty poo poo way to think on some people randomly having their work invalidated and some deal of income up and yanked out of their hands.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Well he is a hateful pile of poo poo at least, apt naming convention.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Obviously not blaming her for any of her actual health problems or whatever, but it's kind of gross she stays with the shitheel if this is how he's gonna be as well, like I'm really stretching to imagine he's that much better of a person than you can imagine he is and the guy can't be that hot of a meal ticket either, as he steadily drowns in debt and economic incompetence.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Not in the same way - now they make fun of other types of stuff or longplays of weird games, as too many people were harassing the original video posters beyond just pointing out that they were RP'd.

There were a couple where they tried to hide the original creator and stuff too so they could just riff on the video, but people's lust for playing internet rear end in a top hat detective found those out as well and that's about where it seemed like they stopped those entirely.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

If you incentivize people to do all the toxic Twitch chat things, be it because you think it's funny or because that gets you money, you're gonna end up with an audience that acts like jerks.

Kripp's fanbase given flesh would just be a nightmarish homunculus screaming stale memes over and over from a thousand mouths.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, is this THE Mystery of the Druids? You know what I'm talking about.

The greatest boxart

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That face used to be top meme material, so take your pick of the roughly hundred thousand edits out there :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Quicksilver6 posted:

What, no moronically accusing Slowbeef of child exploitation like she did with Lowtax? How inconsistent.

This is real retarded, they had a problem with lowtax the one time because that specific stream was "Shmorky kills themself for the whateverth time", not just them having their kid with them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Was Phil lobotomized in his youth.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Actually, they did buy a 240 dollar ring (better than 40 but still...) from Etsy, but Phil's proposal technique definitely needs work:

I think the ring you're thinking of was the one she was wearing last year cause she needed to "fake it".

As stupid as he is in every other opinion, I mean he's at least not wrong about expensive rings being dumb crap. Just buy someone a nice ring with their birthstone or something if you really want jewels, spending like thousands of dollars on boring diamonds and white gold and whatever else IS for chumps.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 2, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The answer is because Phil is pretty much a lovely child given very minor fame.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'd imagine because it's just not as "fun" as the ones that get made about DSP. DSP you get the chance of him saying racist poo poo, blaming random people if he knows the names of anyone from X or Y group that made the game, blaming the game when it's really blatantly his own poor actions, accusing people of cheating online, finding ways to blunder into failing objectives in games that people didn't even realize you could, making GBS threads on the people who have or do support him, saying insanely ironic things coming from him, all that good stuff.

Meanwhile Arin's just really bad at games sometimes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's weird they chose a relative nobody like him of all people, like a number of more notable guys have put up playthroughs pretty much in full now and not a peep.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DeafNote posted:

so the Atlus thing was apparently just an error
lets see what DSP does next

Double down incoming.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Without even going very far I see like 4 different ones of Tracer and like 2 Mercy already.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Why feel sympathy for someone who takes their pain and suffering to the top of a clock tower with their trusty scoped rifle.

Because transpeople suffering breakdowns are more likely to be going to the top of that tower to jump off you shithead.

They're a giant idiot for their takedowns and all of that, but nobody, especially not the current trendy to hate minority, deserves the massive downpour of vomit they're guaranteed to be getting drowned with.

Cheez posted:

it's called a metaphor, you loving robot. It's the same type of situation in a different kind of place where the harm one is able to cause is different. Holy gently caress.

It's a bad and stupid metaphor.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cheez posted:

So if it wasn't a trans person, which wouldn't make a lick of loving difference because said breakdown occurred from events that had nothing to do with it, it's ok then? Nice.

Yardbomb posted:

but nobody, especially not the current trendy to hate minority, deserves the massive downpour of vomit they're guaranteed to be getting drowned with.

Go gently caress yourself for trying to be willfully dense on this.

Was being rude over a misunderstanding.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 30, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cheez posted:

but because REASONS, you have to have lots of sympathy!

https://twitter.com/alexmauermusic/status/880468040269410305

https://twitter.com/alexmauermusic/status/880073529672179712

https://twitter.com/alexmauermusic/status/879906858177310721

https://twitter.com/alexmauermusic/status/879854655064473600

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cheez posted:

Ah yes, the very global thing of the internet being a thing where literally everyone and anyone gets attacked in the same fashion on any subject because there are lovely, lovely people out there.

:laffo: if you don't think even more people than usual come flying out of the woodwork to show everyone how ~*redpilled*~ they are when transpeople are involved in any way.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And just to clarify ahead of time, I dunno how you've gotten that I think it ONLY matters or something because they're trans Cheez, but I said exactly the opposite of that already and have mostly just been trying to point out that no, this isn't "gets attacked in the same fashion on any subject" because more and more readily as of late, the internet's shown it wants to be as awful as humanly possible to very much transpeople in specific. What better opportunity to flex that than to all pile into the wagon on someone it's been 'legitimized' to hate recently and hide among already huge waves of criticism.

Cheez posted:

Ok, I'm probably making a massive misunderstanding somewhere here because I was thinking people were trying to say that they shouldn't consider legal action

Oh no, not at all on that, they deserve that completely because they did a hugely stupid thing. It's the really repugnant harassment people are fielding at them that's being decried.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

He has donated 1500+ dollars to Phil so far

How little must one person value their money :psyduck:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sefal posted:

This is still my favorite Phil video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdbOu40vxY
It sums him up so well in 2 minutes.

TL DR: He wins the 1st rounds and poo poo talks his opponent on how terrible he is. His opponent then double perfects Phil.
Phil of course then, calls him a cheater.

"He didn't get one legitimate hit!"

And you didn't get one hit either way so~

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Phil is a solid mediocre player. He's not entirely bottom of the barrel trash even though he consistently has the attitude like it, but any time I've seen him on fighting games he's playing characters that are really standard (Shotos) or brainless (MKX Scorpion) and he's never doing anything special with them, just going about it like any other flowchart player, so anyone really competent consistently uses him like a dishrag.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Point is, all he did was win one tournament and built a whole persona around it. One that sucks rear end.

He also didn't win it, he got 4th behind three japanese players. He's incredibly full of poo poo and would never say "I got 4th in EVO!" so he goes "I'm the best Super Turbo player in america!" instead.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

It's not like they give a gently caress about the harassment, it's just a gotcha moment for them.

This is true of all the major shitheads in general too, dragging a bit off-topic but it's like when you see net nazis drag out "[X] KILL GAYS AND OPPRESS WOMEN" it's like don't even pretend you give a single poo poo about any of these things, it's just dancing on human suffering so you can pretend to have another reason to justify being horrible.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I don't keep up with the grumps cause they are trash?

Say what you will about Arin but Dan is a pure and good boy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The "He totally hit on my underage friend too!" thing turned out to just be a single drive-by nothing post on twitter if I remember right. Like nothing ever came of that and everything else looks like they were at least sending their dumb poo poo to people of age.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 11, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

VoD is from here :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They also made accusations that he already knew Shmorky was a pedo, and he still let him be around his daughter (Even though they themselves were fans of Shmorky before it was revealed what kind of person they were).

Never saw this from anyone except GBS spastics.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The new layout is thoroughly unpleasant also, it's not just "But it's not the same" it's that they went with an ugly, poorly laid out, trying too hard to be ~sleek and minimal~ style.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Leal posted:

The new youtube design looks like the old design except they erased the borders (edit: no wait, they're still there they just made them ever so slightly gray instead of plain white) and all the words, buttons, picture etc. like twice as large.

It feels like old person mode.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BMS posted:

Then who gives a poo poo where it comes from

Probably LGBT people and other groups that they regularly harass :ssh:

Whenever possible, probably better to find a source that doesn't send people threats for saying things they don't like or worse, being one of the icky transpeople.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 9, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I can't wait to watch the frogmen shitheels turn this into another MUH FREE SPEECH song and dance because someone's facing any kind of blowback whatsoever over using a slur.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

discworld is all I read posted:

Also in the case of questionable slurs, I'm still thrown by MrKravin's want to go with the 'Big Greasy Queer' moniker. It still seems to lose it's empowering qualities if a group tries to take back a possibly hateful word if it's accompanied by two other negative adjectives, like if I made a shirt that said 'Fat Smelly Homo'.

It's not something they use like a catchphrase or intro/outro gimmick or anything, it's pretty much just something that came from a "lol do you think that's an insult for me" type of thing, so they slapped it on a shirt for laughs, because he is in fact a pudgy, sometimes disorderly gay dude. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamesman posted:

The Nick Gers thing is such a dumb and common troll that I don't know how anyone could fall for it anymore.

I actually don't think I've ever seen that, but even with that it's so up front you'd have to be stup- oooh.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Here's a good example and catch-all of trolling "Twitch Fails." https://youtu.be/sEQHOFjn7o8

The one with the I Am Cho girl was just cute :3:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Notifications are mostly fine, facecams are fine when used right, like if you're playing a lot of horror stuff and you're not just mugging for the camera. That or if you're Rich Evans and Jack, in that case keep the camera on forever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cry of Fear was really good at one time but that time has pretty well passed it by. It's still neat for being an ambitious project done in source, but it's no longer some amazing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So what you're saying is fire all critics and reviewers of all kinds. :confused:

Edit: Because otherwise it seems like a picky grudge to just poo poo on the people playing games and everything to make some money, but it's okay if it's MST3K and people like that or someone doing book readings and such.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 28, 2017