Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

GoneRampant posted:

We were literally reminded not half a page ago to stop bringing up politics FFS. I like this thread, I always enjoy more LPer recommendations.

Saying whether or not someone is a Nazi isn't politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Leal posted:

His girlfriend also has a job, so that adds some extra income.

Wait. Wait wait wait.

His girlfriend, his bride to be, the person he wants to live with all his life has a loving job while he refuses to get one himself

He has a job. The issue is his over-spending in combination with his inability to do his job properly or get an additional part-time job as supplementary income.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Leal posted:

Wait DSP is also involved in this? God the guy is everywhere lately isn't he.

No, the game she was mainly DMCA-ing people for was called Star Mazer DSP.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Motherfuckers are in pain all the time. People don't throw legal tantrums and cause. Why feel sympathy for someone who takes their pain and suffering to the top of a clock tower with their trusty scoped rifle.

As well all know, abusing YT's DMCA takedown form is the exact same as murdering a bunch of people. Exactly the same.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cheez posted:

it's called a metaphor, you loving robot. It's the same type of situation in a different kind of place where the harm one is able to cause is different. Holy gently caress.

So if it wasn't a trans person, which wouldn't make a lick of loving difference because said breakdown occurred from events that had nothing to do with it, it's ok then? Nice.

nice meltdown

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cheez posted:

Yeah cool, absolutely nothing had anything to do with it and this person was attacking people before anyone even knew what was going on, but because REASONS, you have to have lots of sympathy! Like you don't think anyone else could possibly feel that way for any other reason.

Unless you're one of the people she issued a DMCA takedown to, you really don't have any right to be this angry. That the people actually pursuing litigation against her are treating her more kindly than you are should speak volumes to that.

Yardbomb posted:

:laffo: if you don't think even more people than usual come flying out of the woodwork to show everyone how ~*redpilled*~ they are when transpeople are involved in any way.

Also this. The sheer vitriol people are directing towards her is something that was largely absent even from cases like the Romine brothers.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Did they really make it or just license their name/brand out?

Also game devs don't have to be masters at their own game, I mean some are and they make awesome challenges as staff ghosts in racing games(and other genres? pretty sure racing is like the only genre where this is a thing), but come on.

I believe they just licensed/funded it. The dev team is mostly queer, apparently, and seem to have done a good job with the premise.

https://twitter.com/woodmasterfresh/status/888096066633125888

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samovar posted:

I heard that a Nick Robinson from Polygon was in hot water. What's that about? I ask here because I'm genuinely not wanting to jump into the inevitable shite opinion pieces that'll come up on Google.

My understanding is that a Twitter spat over the Switch version of Overcooked ended up with a number of women who worked with him disclosing he had creeped on them via Twitter DMs.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

How so? The part where he says "I was wrong and I'm going to change my behavior" says "sorry you felt that way" to you?

He doesn't ever say that. The closest he comes is mentioning his behavior in relationship to the imbalanced power dynamics but that's completely loving irrelevant. His behavior would have been just as gross and harmful if he weren't e-famous and he doesn't actually acknowledge that. He also spends a lot of words justifying his actions by mentioning how he's a good person and generally downplaying his lovely behavior. That's not how you apologize when you make a mistake, let alone do as lovely of a thing as he did.

This is a relevant video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfixhBHcAoE

quote:

edit: Calling him a creep and about as socially self-aware as a wet fish, sure, but I still really disagree that it's so severe as to be called sexual harassment.

Making unwanted sexual advances to someone is sexual harassment: full stop. Him not necessarily being aware of that is irrelevant.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 11, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay I think it's pretty clear that literally nobody here is saying that.

That is what Cjacobs is saying. It's classic victim-blaming.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

BMS posted:

yes...?

Is this information false? Or is it simply because it's KF that it's invalid.....If that info is wrong, then it's wrong. But if that little bullet point list is factual, then who gives a poo poo where it comes from. Truth is truth, gently caress the source.

Kiwifarms is not exactly a trustworthy source because:

Yardbomb posted:

Probably LGBT people and other groups that they regularly harass :ssh:

Whenever possible, probably better to find a source that doesn't send people threats for saying things they don't like or worse, being one of the icky transpeople.

But if the info is corroborated by other sources then it's more likely to be true. Either way, you shouldn't trust anything from Kiwifarms upfront.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

bobjr posted:

It's like a Chris-chan thing where the people dedicated to mocking him become even worse.

As it turns out, people who spend all their time obsessing over strangers turn out to be obsessive creepers.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

GoneRampant posted:

If this is the hill CampoSanto want to die on, fine. Any company that openly expresses the wish to abuse DMCAs is one I can get behind never legally supporting. I don't support Pewds saying the word, but there's a big difference between abusing the law (and going back on your own word given how Campo Santo give carte blanche on their website to stream or LP their games) and saying a racial slur. One's retarded and makes you look like a fool, the other's retarded and has grounds of being illegal.

Ah yes choosing not to associate with a racist is just as bad as being a racist.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Thats for Youtube to do. Campo Santo's only proper actions should've been to blacklist him from receiving any further promo copies of their games, publicly denounce him and request he demonetise the videos. DMCA abuse is never ok.

It's DMCA use, not abuse. Legally-speaking there's no precedent for its use in regards to let's plays so that's a pointless argument to have, leaving only the moral one. And using the legal system to gently caress over a racist shithead is unequivocally a good thing in my book.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

GoneRampant posted:

Did you miss the part where I said "I don't support him saying the slur," perchance? Because I'm thinking you did.

The rest of your post disagrees with that.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Danaru posted:

Uhhh can you elaborate? I don't remember there being any malicious deceit involved

There wasn't. She criticized Lowtax on Twitter for involving his daughter in the mess and got banned on SA as a result. Tie and others then ragged on Lowtax for doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jamesman posted:

If people wanna do this and Twitch is all for it, then I'm not trying to poo poo on these kinds of streamers. I just wish there was a platform for streaming video games that didn't have to share its real estate with people more interested in goofy antics. Also a platform that wasn't so toxic where every chat has at least half a dozen people spamming racist poo poo.

There is! It's called hitbox.tv. I mean smashcast.tv.