Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

roomtwofifteen posted:

Extremely funny that it’s sorta buried in the thread that the person he met was Patricia Clarkson

Holy poo poo there's so much more you could recognize Patricia Clarkson from

I've finally found someone who is a bigger Frasier nerd than I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Is Hannibal Lecter just a Frasier who eats people??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If Frasier had been made ten years earlier there would've been some kind of video game

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Christ I wish I had the Frasier tiger handheld

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rascar Capac posted:

There must have been a Frasier.wad at some point, right?

I'd play a wolf3d level with Eddies instead of dogs and Niles' instead of officers and the mecha Hitler is Martin with a walker

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

But loving someone had to have made frasier.wad at some point I wouldn't bet even five cents against it. It's probably lost, it's probably on some Gateway tower on a shelf in a goodwill in southern Indiana, but it exists

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Holy poo poo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Marenghi posted:

I don't care for the look of this reboot. I get the feeling it's gonna be a broad sitcom playing to the lowest common denominator.
Also I concur without Niles what's the point. When I look back at my favorite episodes they all had Niles.

Actually I probably would have preferred a solo Niles spin-off over solo Frasier.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1694013151514153342?s=20
I like the episode where Niles hosts the show

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also this looks terrible

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Do Daphne's friends Charlotte and Maggie appear in more than one episode?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Marenghi posted:

I don't think so. There's a few times she's popped into cafe nervosa to and chatted with a character for some brief exposition before heading rear of stage to meet her friends played by extras. But as far as times we've seen her on screen with friends, from what i remember, it's been that one episode with those two, and a separate episode with her Asian friend that Martin has a creepy crush on because of his time in the Korean war.

There's probably more instances of friends showing up around the wedding but I don't remember those episodes as well. I tend to drop off on re-watches around that timeL most of it drags after that.

That's sad. If I could have anything from Frasier I'd like a little more character development for Daphne

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I like the moments when Daphne is dark and weird or playing some kind of trick on Frasier to make her life easier. Or when she's actually a physical therapist and not a maid

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah that's why it's funny when she makes up fake British poo poo to get the Crane boys to leave her alone for a minute

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

He’s funny

If he was less pathetic he'd be less funny

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Season one of the Simpsons had Homer become national news for possibly being an ape-man, with scientists not entirely sure if he was human. No Frasier episode ever got that wacky

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The equivalent plot is that Frasier would be wandering around the desert of Eastern Washington and get picked up, mistaken for a gray, become national news, and get analyzed by scientists with the result that maybe he's an alien maybe not

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasieroullete is a streaming service that's free but requires you to make an account. The interface consists of one button that plays a random episode of Frasier. The catch? You must watch the episode it plays you, in its entirety, before you are allowed to watch another.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I love the new direction the Saw movies are taking.

I'm envisioning a bear trap over my head and every time I struggle to get it off it says "Oh, really, Niles!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

biznatchio posted:

He's still alive, you bastard.

Where do you think we are?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Does anyone want to watch this 2.5 hour video about Frasier on Cheers and tell me if it's any good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89_0jkBPVps

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm scared to watch it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier is living in Chicago, has a health incident, a newly divorced Niles moves to Chicago to live with him and take care of him. His son comes, too, for some reason. New characters include a sassy Australian home health worker who takes care of Frasier who Niles' son is obsessed with.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dokapon Findom posted:

Not getting Trevor Einhorn to play Freddy feels like a misstep to me

Yeah this is one of the most fundamentally stupid things about it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

So three votes so far and no one is overwhelmingly positive??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I started this thread six odd years ago because I was drinking vodka and watching Frasier because it was something I could black out to without any adverse effects. And I kept drunk posting things about Frasier in other threads even when it wasn't appropriate. So I wanted to create an isolation chamber where I could drunkenly say things about Frasier. I never thought there would be a reboot. Never ever. I'm scared. I've already said I'm scared but I am. Who wanted the reboot? Why does it exist??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What if one human being had the worst luck and the best luck SIMULTANEOUSLY

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And even that was a thing in the original, basically the whole joke is how hilariously insufferable Frasier is most of the time and few women are crazy enough to want to put up with his bullshit.

Frasier is not the hero of the show Frasier

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The GRAMMER system

Grab a handful of xanax
R

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Maris is one of Roger's personas

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I just remembered the Niles pot brownie episode is ALSO a Christmas episode AND features goth Freddy.

It's basically the best episode?

Bringing up goth Freddy was the best part of nu-Frasier. I also loved the orphan David parts.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier Fantasy sounds like a weed vape I could enjoy a lot

Possibly while watching Frasier

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier and Niles are constantly drunk and on pills

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3UsKyPM3Wo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Didn't think I'd be saying this, but I'm glad it's getting another season. They had a pretty good vibe going by the end of season 1.

I wanted to hate it so bad but it's totally aggressively alright

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

How many different costumes does Niles put on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006