Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Cheers S1 - S5: great

Cheers S6 - whatever: don't loving bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

Kelsey Grammar had raging problems with alcoholism while recording several seasons of this show.

Anytime Frasier "went to a conference" Kelsey was in rehab/detox

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

At what point does the Fras' get a haircut and stop looking like a homeless former symphony conductor? I want to throw on the show while I'm working on some stuff but I don't want to have nightmares about how bad that hair was later

First episode of season 2, as I recall

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

sexy mouse posted:

nah anything involving goth freddy was... i can't remember if that was more than one episode or not

the show as a whole treated kids and teens really weird, like they were all loser potheads

There was the one where Frasier gets reamed by Teen Scene

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

I like the episode where Roz says literally anything with her dusky voice

"How long was I out?"

"Fifteen seconds, big boy".

I was like goddamn, I was not prepared for that line

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mel was the best.

Mel was great. I hated how they had to make her a complete psycho just so the audience would feel OK about Niles leaving her, and how Niles and Daphne became blander characters just so their relationship would make any kind of sense.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I think whatever gap in how much Frasier would realistically make and how opulent his 3.5 bath apartment is was explained away by him having some kind of side investment portfolio

He does very little private practice during the run of the show, whenever we see him doing it he's explicitly returning to it after an absence

Plus his agent is basically the devil incarnate, it stands to reason she'd be able to shower him with riches (or at least drive unrealistic pay rates with his bosses).

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

extra row of teeth posted:

This isn't getting enough love

Dr. Pleasure Dinosaur is very disappointed in you all

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Frasier in an E65, this would be S10 or 11 most likely

My vote for worst loving episode of the whole series. Frasier had been getting really shouty and weird that whole season, but in this one he acted so hysterically stupid I wondered if they were building up to the big plot twist that he'd developed a brain tumor or a meth habit.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Daphne: Doing a bit of crank, eh? I had a boyfriend back in Manchester that used to snort lines off me backside.

Niles gazes longingly into the middle distance

Frasier, pouring sweat: Good heavens, Niles, this is the finest crystal since Waterford set up a little shop in Ireland.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

the littlest prince posted:

This show is good but it's tiring seeing the exact same plot devices in each and every show. How many times can frasier end up in a conversation that has two completely different meanings before it gets unbearable?

The Regan/Poppy episode was especially bad at this as I recall, to the point where Niles basically says, "You realize we're talking about different people, right?" and Frasier says, "NO WE'RE NOT, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bulldog was in love with Roz, but she let him down easy that she didn't feel the same.

Best dramatic scene in the whole series. I don't know what they had for breakfast that morning, but they didn't show acting chops like that before or after.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Timby posted:

Cheers is really, really, really good for its first, like, six years. Those last five seasons, though ... oof. The finale was great, though.

There's a reason why "will they, won't they" relationships are still called "Sam and Diane". The first five seasons were awesome. (Coach > Woody)

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Bulldog vs. Eddie in the USSR. Illegal dogfights, hell yeah

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Police Automaton posted:

Daphne&Niles was terrible and the show was poorer for it

It should have been Niles and Mel. She was never the raging bitch-goddess the show had to turn her into so the Niles/Daphne "magic" would look better in comparison.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

uh anyway just so this post isn't total derail, I found this anecdote about Kelsey Grammar when he was filming Down Periscope

Thanks for that. It's really nice to hear a story like that and not yet another about Kelsey's more, uh, conservative or eccentric side.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I just saw the one where Frasier gave his son's bar mitvah speech in Klingon

so why was his son Jewish?

Lilith is Jewish, Judaism is matrilineal

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

was she Jewish on Cheers

I had to look it up. Apparently it comes up in S8 when they perform Freddie's bris on the Cheers pool table (wtf?)

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Yet another reason why I don't watch past S5

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

"Ever worn a saddle?"

"...Do I have to answer that?"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I frequently relax after a long day at work by watching my favorite television program Newsracyio

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Whoever posted that one line of made up dialogue from the theoretical episode where Frasier and Niles do meth that's still my favorite post anyone has made in this thread.

:tipshat:

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

spog posted:

She appears in an episode "Mommia Mia"

She looked pretty different when she was on Cheers

Imagine Frasier wanting to gently caress that

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Roz is such a fuckin whore lol

That joke where she basically tells the old guy she'll sleep with him if he buys a ton of wrapping paper is a good example of when you've crossed the line from "this character really enjoys sex" to "this character is a prostitute". Kind of an uncomfortable moment.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Rewatching for the fifth time and I would like to know other bits of interesting trivia like how Kelsey Grammer was fighting some pretty bad addiction demons and how Niles lost his hair in a hurry

Neither Kelsey Grammer nor David Hyde Pierce cared for opera at all. John Mahoney had to give them pointers on the highlights of the genre.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Zore posted:

Fraiser's introduction on Cheers was as a therapist for her, the original female lead, after she had some kind of meltdown and ended up in a mental hospital. Then his first season arc was about them getting married and she left him at the altar since the show was really pushing a 'will they/won't they' thing with her and Ted Danson.

Fraiser ended up sticking around and becoming part of the cast.

Frasier kind of omits how much baggage there was between the two. Niles asks if Frasier had ever let her know how she made him feel, and he was like "well, kinda". But on Cheers, he made it extremely clear over several episodes that she had basically destroyed his well-being, if not his life. Actually if anyone likes Frasier I recommend they watch the first five seasons of Cheers. It's really good and holds up like a clever stage play (as do a lot of the best episodes of Frasier).

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

oldpainless posted:

JUST watched the episode with sexy rear end Teri Hatcher

Unfortunately this episode also features Kelsey Grammer acting sexy

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 9, 2018

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

sudonim posted:

also I know people don't like kids on tv but I thought Freddy was generally pretty good and the spelling bee episode with him was dope

I actually really like the parking garage episode, but it's not the kind of thing you want to rewatch that often.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

It’s worth it for Frasiers death glare when Martin sits in the eames recliner

“I would have been okay with this!” :v:

The joke would've worked a lot better without that long, climactic speech Martin did in the first season about how his chair was the one remnant of his old life, how it was tied up with the most precious memories a man could ever have, and how no god drat leather recliner could ever even come close.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

https://youtu.be/dAVFOVgwBrY

This has probably been posted but it's still weird

Remember on the Simpsons where Jasper said the dog from Frasier was gonna ride the dolphin from SeaQuest? I think this slipped in from that dimension.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

last episode i watched was the one where frasier kept getting caught being inside daphne's room and woooaaaahhhhhhh that was uncomfortable fuckin' episode :stare:

like god drat daph i know he bought you a car at the end but why are you still there :gonk:

Her psychic abilities let her know that the whole thing really was an understanding. She let Frasier think she was outraged so she could make out like a bandit later.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Mario death mask posted:

Roz my peg hole

What is a boy to do

I'd be her garbage man any day

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

SEX BURRITO posted:

I think they should do one where he’s vomiting and has liquid salmonella shits, but oh no! He agreed to throw a soirée for the wine society. So Niles has to play the piano really loudly to distract from the groaning coming from the bathroom.

Clint Webber sings while Frasier shits himself to death in the bathroom, sounds like a swell party

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Timby posted:

I love every occasion when he bellows GET OUT

Every "shut up, Niles!" was in exactly the right spot. They didn't overuse it, either. :discourse:

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Riptor posted:

They should just do all the old episodes again but Frasier's dick should be hanging out of his pants in every scene

Six more weeks of winter I see

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I love the ep where the dean of the fancy exclusive school decides to let Freddy into the school because he realises otherwise he's never going to be rid of Frasier and Lilith's shenanigans.

Do I SOUND flexible??

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

You can tell Frasier was written by white men because Marty said his black friend's wife had a big fat rear end and the guy responded by not talking to him for 30 years.

Or how Niles can't stop looking at Daphne's rear end despite the fact that there is essentially nothing there.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Men like a little "oomph" in your walk-away!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Frasiers rl mother was killed while watching a cartoon featuring Daphne duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 2, 2018