Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wank posted:

I thought I was the only one!

No way buddy, Roz's general demeanor let you know she's the kind of chick that would let you get real loving dirty.

Plus that voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hard counter posted:

one neat thing is that they used to have guest stars come in as callers on frasier's show all the time

they're all pretty 90s like gilian anderson, jay leno, macaulay culkin, jodie foster and yo-yo ma :aaa:

I didn't exactly need a reason to rewatch this series, but you've provided one, friend.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

ah crap now I need to have an IMDB window open every time I watch Frasier (the channel that shows it here does the "squeeze the credits all tiny and speed em up so we can plug the next show in the main part of the screen" thing)

Heh, television, you wacko.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It didn't get quite as bad as a lot of shows that jump the shark, but Niles + Daphne together was just vomit-inducing to watch.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That dog knows what the gently caress's up

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ok, alright, that's enough.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Scrubs is just so bad, if you enjoy it you're probably the kind of garbage person that watches reality tv.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

His daughter does the voice of Summer on Rick and Morty and she definitely also does the over-enunciation thing he tends to do

I'm going to have to listen for this, but I think I know what you mean.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

Daphne's psychic powers are back again, and enabling more hilariously terrible decisions!

I want to complain about her being the worst part of the show by far, but then remember Lisa Kudrow was almost a cast member and just write it off.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The first 2 seasons are the best because that hair is just out of loving control.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mario death mask posted:

When Kelsey Grammer wrecked out in his Dodge Viper and had to be sent to rehab it made me really sad to learn he wasn't like Frasier in real life :smith:

I see a lot of similarities tbh.

In his defence, I've never seen a better excuse for going off the rails a good bit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

I am watching the season 1 episode where Frasier has a severe fever and is convinced everyone wants to steal his show. Kelsey Grammer really is a rare comedic talent.

Appreciate the hair, bask in it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Currently watching the episode of Newsradio with guest star Bebe Neuwirth. Good show, good guest.

I actually like Dave Foley and that show but goddamn he feels like a super weak lead to me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I have to restrain myself from humping the TV when she rolls in wearing that costume.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Goth Freddy is my least favourite moment of television ever.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wasn't she somebody's girlfriend?

It's any of Daphne's relatives, followed closely by Daphne.

She's easily the least funny regular.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shut up Mrs. Tingle, nobody likes you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

85% of Daphne's jokes are told while she's walking away since her can is more entertaining.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

merry christmas frasier

That's the loving poo poo, give me that season 1 hair.

I remember someone quipping it's the worst haircut ever allowed on TV, whether they ever heard of Felicity is up for debate though.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

it's astounding how even late season 'bad' frasier still shits all over most other sitcoms

niles' Cam Winston accent in the L'Port Argent spa episode is hilarious and that's like late season 10

the overwrought 'oh no niles had a heart attack' episode is really bad when they're in the hospital, but even the episode leading to it is pretty great.

I'd probably watch king of Queens or according to Jim over daphne/Niles hilarious marriage tales.

To clarify, I'd rather kill myself.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Wonder Weapon posted:

and that there were enough other people that put on Futurama at night that it gained enough traction to warrant a subreddit.

I'm not trying to be mean, but goddamn this made me laugh grandpa.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

There's also an episode of Cheers I recently saw where Roz plays a reporter. It's in the last season I think. Done with Cheers and just got a friend's hulu account info so I can watch Wings now.

This is so weird, I was just thinking of starting Wings, I liked it as a kid.

Maybe we need a Wings thread!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Snugglecakes posted:

I finished a rewatch of wings recently. Frasier showing up is good and is more then just him at the airport.

You should make the OP for the wings thread imo!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh I get it now, I thought they meant the chairs were tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Oh my!

You maybe seemed a bit confused, but I got you pegged

You loving scamp, you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Howbout that one where Frasier has an Italian cousin?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My apologies, I've only ever sat through it once.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I went into watching Cheers thinking I’d hate Sam but it’s actually pretty self aware. His depiction as a recovering alcoholic is surprisingly accurate for the time.

That show is ridiculously well written for being an 80s sitcom.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You know that's a great point, if anyone's earned the right to date bimbos for the rest of their life and not catch poo poo about it, it's him.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

lol but seriously I posted:

it was never explicitly shown but chandler definitely forwarded racist chain emails

This made me laugh harder than anything on the couple seasons I saw with an ex.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That sounds more like a reasonably accurate depiction of their marriage than a gag.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Daphne the character sucks, but also they could have replaced that actress with anybody and it'd have been just as good, maybe better.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

can you imagine a world where kelsey grammar didn't secretly murder nicky colasanto in '85 to earn a more prominent role on Cheers?

Worth it imo, even though Woody sucks and his girlfriend sucks on toast.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Agreed, whoever said Bulldog sucks :getout:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We'd get a pizza and watch Cheers sometimes, it was literally the only sitcom my dad could tolerate.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That voice though.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

She's even hotter now, although the tradeoff is she looks like she has cancer.

Worth it?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's not exactly shocking.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't finished Frasier.

Ex and I were going through it and broke up about season 8.

I think I need a fresh start, some season 1 hair is just what I need to kickstart my life back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Powerful.

I was working as a waiter and 2 hot as gently caress girls complimented my car and asked for a ride back to a local campsite to hang out after their dinner.

I said I was already done and went home to play everquest.

Frasier used to play b2b also, so I had that going for me.