Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tsaedje! You were the chosen one! You were meant to kill the bad posters, not join them, bring balance to the thread! :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

New F1 rules introduced for this season mean new aerodynamic shitposts (with a more aggressive look), wider shitposts, no token system for how you can modify and update your shitposts, and expectations that shitposts will be faster than ever once the season starts.

I'm kinda gutted that the 'color' bbcode tag is restricted to custom avatars only. Orange posting would get tiring pretty quick though.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

not very bold prediction: wicka will lose his poo poo at least twice this season

enri
Dec 16, 2003

God drat, the hardest part of any new season... coming up with a good team name for the predictor leagues :(

I've just realised however that there's only two letters difference between Red Bull and Rod Hull.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

McLawrong Honduff. There's no point going above rivals.com puns.

I was going to go with the simple 'Mclolen' but figured it was a cheap dig, akin to kicking a puppy

enri
Dec 16, 2003

simplefish posted:

Can we just ban the word meltdown and probate anyone using it please?

people will just find clever ways to circumvent the ban. mjeltdówns.

Theophany posted:

One more day and the tension relief will be glorious.

Two. Qualifying is too much of a tease to really count.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

quote:

Hasegawa insisted that the new engine is up on its 2016 performance figures.

What's that saying about being at rock bottom?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Oh. They changed the press conference format. Two sets of four. The second one is the losers table.

Massa looks really pleased to be sat next to Stroll.

Edit: oh poo poo, Stroll has a lisp.

I'm just watching that at the mo, you can see the nerves on Stroll in comparison to the others, the rest are sitting comfy, he's sitting bolt upright and keeps twiddling his fingers. Bless his little cotton. He looks like he's fresh out of school.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I've put my predictions in.. I've gone heavy on the scud studs, don't let me down ferrari :argh:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

caught a little bit of P2 this morning before I went out for my run, I'm loving that sector breakdown thing

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

Palmer was over 107%. Good lord he is a loving duffer.

He also looks like the bastard love child of Piers Morgan, do that makes me hate him ten fold.

Tsaedje posted:

You're welcome to get up at 4am, but the race doesn't start until 6am BST (you went the wrong way)

He kinda went the right way, if you take it to mean what time his body clock will be telling him it is :)

I don't mind, it'll feel like the good old days :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

On the Grosjean love, Sky did this little piece with him either last year or the year before and he was on the radio whilst doing a lap of Silverstone in some old car and the little noises he was making were, for want of a better term, adorable.

:h: Gross John

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Bryter posted:

Grown man who has somehow yet to get a full grasp on daylight savings here. Can someone please tell me how many hours it is until the GP start time?

poshphil posted:

I am also confused by it despite being a grown man but I think just over 6 hours from now.

This, it's 6 hours 9 minutes away as of the timestamp on this post.... but then the timestamps on SA have always been really fucky for me

enri
Dec 16, 2003

SCUD STUD. slept on the sofa so I wouldn't wake everyone in the house. Woke up with a few minutes to go before race start. I haven't moved since and I'm busting for a piss, that's my benchmark for how interesting that race was. The only thing that would have made it better would have been Bottas knobbling Hamilton for 2nd.

...and now I'm off to the loo.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

He has a narrative in his own head as to what this thread is saying without actually reading it. We know this because he just echoed what we were all saying but with more swearing.

Also he's missed all the conversations over the years that makes it quite clear that the average age of worst thread posters is 30+ and that if we put our minds to it we could have relatively normal conversations about our dogs, nice days out in the country, and so on and so forth.

It's a lovely day today, so I'm going to spend my lunch break walking around the nearby lake whilst listening to classical music because that's what us olds do :cool::hf::cool:

edit: I too have a cat! and another cat. and two children. age++

enri fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 28, 2017

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

...He can turn it on any time he wants but he's too old.

less of the 'old', bloody kids

enri
Dec 16, 2003

So er, we get an inside look at Mclaren....

McLaren and Amazon Prime in ground breaking new behind-the-scenes TV series

enri
Dec 16, 2003

wicka posted:

Oh, and he scored fewer points than Rosberg, which is literally the only metric that matters.

This really is the only thing that matters, the history book says WDC 2016: Nico Rosberg and that's that, no big asterisk next to his name saying (but Lewis totally should have won it)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

TurboDrizzle posted:

I think you lot are mistaking rosberg "working hard and being determined" for "barely holding it together" and being constantly on the verge of an "I'm in over my head" panic attack for a few months on end.

No matter how much good luck went his way and how hard he tried Hamilton was always either on his tail or gaining quickly in points. He pretty much said so himself after Abu Dhabi

Ok we get it, Lewis was your MWDC for 2016, let's shut the gently caress up about it already and move on.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

More HAM douche-baggery:

Lewis Hamilton decides to race without a personal trainer

Good / Bad idea? Discuss!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Doable, but seems like a bad idea? It's a lot of extra work doing the programming and evaluation.

That was my first thought, I kinda get where he's coming from with it but it seems like taking on a whole lot of extra work - that's the whole point of delegating this poo poo to someone who is an expert in that field, let them take the strain of working out what needs to be done and when it needs to be done and you concentrate on doing what you do best, partying driving cars fast.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

A mod posts more than once in a single page in this thread?! Holy hell, we're doomed

:vince:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

GramCracker posted:

Talk about catching a break, jesus. Good on him though I genuinely liked seeing him race in Aus.

My worry is that he's not going to do as well in China and Bahrain, here's hoping that's not the case. Certainly can't hurt his chances having two more races to fill in for.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Fernando Alonso denies claims he could leave McLaren-Honda mid-season

:stare:

quote:

"Everyone [acts like they are] close to me and it's like I have a depression, and it's not like that.

I want to give him a hug

enri
Dec 16, 2003

is the second one what Michael Schumacher looks like these days?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

I bought two of you fuckos exquisite avatars after Article 50. I may have had to remortgage my house, but that's beside the goddamn point.

...which two? :mad:

*glares at avatar*

I almost toxxed myself last year to say that if Lewis won the championship, I'd keep the avatar. But alas... maybe time for a change.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

wicka posted:

That one was me.

and I was beginning to like you! :argh:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

1500quid with the Highlander Stroll and GramCracker with loss.jpg face Nando. I'm sorry man but your av is a goddamn work of art and is just too perfect, to the point where it legit looks looks like a #TeamLH instagram post.

Do you feel #blessed every time you see it?

For sure, it's like... just super fun, man. #blessed #megajet #stillirise #dough #teamlh

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I love the early morning races, they're the few I get to watch live without interruption ("no princess, daddy's watching vroom vroom racing cars, we can't watch peppa pig")

The later ones are good too, again because the kids will mostly be doing their own thing by that time of day.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Whilst we're talking about daughters, my 4 year old daughter spotted the pink cars today.

"A PINK ONE!!"

She then proceeded to eat her cereal and didn't moan about 'boring adult TV' and watched the final 8 laps or so with me.

Thanks Force India :allears:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

andyf posted:

...Wasn't Bottas heavily praised under Williams for being very good at knowing how his tyres were doing?

I thought that was Frank?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I'm British and I put GLORIOUS SCUD STUD VETTELMEISTER for pole / win / glorious victory

...but I think I'm in the small league and I'm too indifferent to change

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

holy lol bianchi @ 0:50

drat, that was dark

wicka posted:

Jenson's dogs have their own Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/storm_and_rogue_pomskies/

Thread is now about Storm and Rogue Button.

Taking a guess that they're named after X-men characters? Awesome. Mind you, this is Jenson. He could calll them 'shitface' and 'buttcrack' and I'd still be all :allears:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

The best bit of Monaco is that it looks kinda nice, plus hot posh totty in those rooftop swimming pools. But gently caress the racing.

djssniper posted:

I'd even watch Indy if Alonso is racing in it

So as a Brit, how do I go about watching Indy?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

Go find the nearest roundabout and sit there for 5 hours to replicate the experience.

sounds... thrilling :ohdear:

Roller Coast Guard posted:

BT Sport.

Or :files:

Curses, OK cool... ta :v:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

wicka posted:

It's easily the second most entertaining motor race in the world.

Dare I ask what you consider to be the *most* entertaining? (Obviously the answer is Formula E)

Just out of curiosity, not snarkiness :v:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

I really dig the cameras on the roll hoops of Indy cars, swivelling as they overtake. That's rad and F1 should do it.

Pretty sure I remember seeing it done once or twice a few years back on a williams, I find it jarring as hell to see though so wasn't that sad to see it die a death.

What I do want to see return is the drivers helmet cam that Coulthard was using in his final race before retiring... looked really promising... until he got wiped out on the second corner :v:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

From memory weren't the Williams ones mounted on the front wing so the view was poo poo? Plus it was a Williams so it was more watching it get passed rather than it doing the passing :v:

Yea that rings a bell... anyway, the future is all about VR. Before long there'll be 360 cameras mounted to the cars that we'll be able to pan around at will from the comfort of our sofa. The future's bright. :geno:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Why is enginer supplying capped at 12m/year? If you're losing money on it, why would you...?

Less because they want to, more because they have to :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Khablam posted:

Perez? Perez is cool and good.

Have we mentioned the utter fraud that Palmer is this page yet?
Dude started 10th and finished a distant last in a car that had a straight-line speed advantage over quite a bit of the field.
Also ~35s behind his teammate.

Get that piece of poo poo out of F1 holy poo poo.

Every time I see him I'm surprised he's still got a seat. Does my head in how the Sky lot keep even mentioning him, he hasn't shown any real talent in the past year and a bit.

Ocon on the other hand, I'm liking the young lad the more I see of him.

Theophany posted:

Also my fart box tongue punching is now reserved for Chloe Stroll.

say her name really fast and it sounds like an STD

probably not a coincidence

• Locked thread