Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ME3 multi is still played to this day even on the old consoles, hopefully MEA has the same lifespan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

The maps for ME3 were smaller weren't they? I got it on the ps3, it's been along time since I used it. I only really remember that earth map with the center on fire.

They varied, some where tiny others where huge.

Edit: One thing I greatly dislike about the multi here is the name plates, the images for milestones in ME3 where so much better like Biotic God or Nomad(the only milestone that actually mattered. :smug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how does the item store work?

I managed to get enough funds to get the shield and ammo pack, wondering if they'll put anything up or if I should invest in a 3rd team to send into gold missions.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea some streamers warned that those with epilepsy or light sensitive should avoid the rage stuff since its so intrusive.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks more like rear end butting to me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2 gold mission successes on my high level teams with 33% and 25 % chance to succeeded respectively.

When the luck comes crashing down its gonna hurt.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The recoil on the incisor is retarded, its such a worthless gun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why haven't my apex guys gotten negative traits, I keep them sending them on gold stuff and win or lose they don't get bad traits. :psyduck:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I had to bounce through like 8 lobbies last night before I found one where people readied up.

The old system was fine 3 people ready and the countdown starts, now one rear end in a top hat holds everything up.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You guys weren't kidding about human vanguards, maxed out mine and jumped into a solo bronze at level 1 and it was super easy, didn't even come close to dying.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kett Hysteria on my Asari team.

Guess who's going on all the Kett missions now. :newlol:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there any way to turn off (or turn down) the screen effect for the krogan rage in multiplayer? It kinda hurts to look at that poo poo for like 10 minutes straight.

Nope!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My main gripe with the game are the guns and collision detection right now.

I've given in to just using vanguards right now cause I don't have any fun guns but I do have far to much melee gear.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I actually miss this.

The enemies in this are to quiet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vJzP7pxCKM

I just want my Geth Trooper back :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Digirat posted:

A few more upload objectives against kett where no one was using the extremely small list of things that kill poo poo in a satisfying length of time, and I may be ready to put this on hold outside of apex missions until they address some of this poo poo. The static visuals are great, the sound is some of the best I've ever heard, the controls are miles better than mass effect 3, and I really like the fact that you no longer pop like a soap bubble on gold if an enemy so much as breathes on you, so making the tiniest mistake or the game being mildly janky for a moment no longer means you're instantly dead. So the balance of the difficulty settings in general feels much better. Good stuff.

Just about everything else feels like they learned nothing from mass effect 3 and just made some poo poo without analyzing what they were doing at all. One of the enemy factions is still a fuckton harder than everything else, except it's even more extreme than last time. They repeated the design atrocity that is sync kills and made them even worse somehow. Enemies are still some of the biggest sponges I've ever met in a shooter, which is exacerbated by some of the visual effects being worse, mainly on melee and powers. They still have the dumbass microtransactions that encourage them to design around weapon rarity being closely tied to weapon quality, and a really artificial grind that makes your gear objectively weaker until you've unlocked the same thing 10 times. So they still balanced their game like poo poo on purpose. But a much greater amount of the uncommon and rare stuff is garbage compared to mass effect 3, which leads me to believe a lot of the bad balance is unintentional. I was excited as gently caress when I saw there were 46 (now 47) guns in the game, but now I barely even care about unlocking stuff because the great majority of what I get hits like wet paper, where my only way of making it better is a long and sloggy road of incrementally unlocking the same thing.

And all of this is ignoring everything technical, ie the bad netcode and frequent bugs. I really want to like this game but it's extremely hard to do so right now. Much of the worst of mass effect 3 has been repeated, and that is hard to forgive. Almost none of these issues are mistakes bioware is making for the first time.

Don't forget eye searing special effects on some classes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I remember a mod for it that helped me a lot, never specced into the geth thing with the trooper because of it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the biggest that annoys me about this game is how quiet everything is, everything in ME3 had some kind of audio cue or at least SOMETHING that told you what it was, in this game it doesn't suddenly you're getting cross mapped and don't know what the gently caress it is.

Edit: Tossed into a solo silver, said gently caress it, not gonna lose my boosts, managed to solo the first 2 waves till a pub came along, we managed to do the objective and finally more showed people up in wave 5.

Never been happier to see pubs, it was against Kett too.

Seriously gently caress Kett, why do they have TWO units that can sync kill

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 1, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lHh9BKf3eo

Got stuck in this position till I managed to finally charge at something.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dazoner posted:

Wait... what?

You know those Asari in the outlaw faction that rush you with the shield? That's what the asari sentinel does.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ineffiable posted:

Holy God, I know this is the multiplayer thread but apparently I missed a mass effect single player trophy because I was 'offline' (asari ark) Jesus, at least code your drat game properly. Just a fair warning if anyone doesn't read the single player thread. Always make sure you're connected to online (which for me sometimes cut out while I play the game)

Also you have to wait till it says online before starting single player otherwise it stays as offline and I don't think you can connect in-game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea sync kills only bothered me when I was lagged to death on them, that and the Banshee's amazing ability to teleport you into her hand.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Interrupt melee how? Do they just stagger you back?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel the strike team stuff needs some looking at as well, it makes no sense to send in your dudes with any sort of gear because its all so expensive, even the cheapest thing is 75 mission funds which is absurd considering you get back 5 on normal missions and 10 on apex stuff.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

Equipment on your strike teams is permanent (and invidual), and only lost if you replace it with another item.

Well poo poo. :psyduck:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Relentless posted:

STEALTH FIENDS.

Seriously, most of the sound design is so good, but they forgot fiend footsteps. Combined with the bit where they have no z axis on their sync kill and can do it from 2 floors below you it makes them sneakier than the guys who are actually invisible.

Good games all around tho. I finally got an Ishray, which just feels really good to use.

I really wanna see a video of this.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fiends need to be louder, a giant rock monster should not be that quiet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Also, when are they going to re-implement the mission force start when 3/4 people ready up?

They said in an interview that forcing ready is REALLY rude cause sometimes you had situation where a friend would un-ready and ready to give his other friend more time, so now you have lobbies being held up constantly by one rear end in a top hat, usually the host.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Combative upgrade report: AR's are still garbage even with the 10% extra damage.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avalanche posted:

gently caress balance patches and tweaks and all this other poo poo; how about more than 4 maps?

5, and ME3 shipped with the same number.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh we postin laggy videos now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knzpbWGx2Ww

Working as intended. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Im fine with waiting, I'm just stockpiling missions on the apex app for now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Whole bunch of people itt who subscribe to the "Every game should be Dark Souls" philosophy of game design and I pray none of you ever become part of a game design team.
Looking at you, Relentless

And not a single one of those devs understands why people like the Souls games, they just think harder=better.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea you can buy stuff for your teams, not your characters.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

My favorite part of the Apex app is how I can send out two strike teams before I have to restart it because of a memory leak.

Also wow the Halberd's a huge piece of poo poo that can't kill anything

Oh so thats why it slows down to a crawl.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

-Mid & high level outlaw units getting buffed

Why

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well poo poo I deleted the game yesterday to make space for nier.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Error 404 posted:

Human adept is my jam and this update has owned.
Like, I am not the best player. At best I'm average. I am the filthiest of casuals.

I dont know if its just the power buffs and ar tweaks, or something is finally 'clicking' here, but Im consistently placing 1st or 2nd in gold pugs now. With a humadept. With an Avenger X ("just one more fight with that lovely rifle").

Its fuckin great!

Whats your build

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Error 404 posted:

IME the Ghost is inaccurate as gently caress. Like its at a midway point between a Revenant and the Avenger.

It may be a bad gun, but I have way better luck feathering bursts with an Avenger than I've had with the ghost. Unless getting it to rank X gives it a bonus to accuracy or something I might legit stick with Avengers for the characters I have them on.

You are aware that the gimmick of the ghost is that it becomes more accurate as you fire it right?

Look at the reticle when you start shooting, it shrinks, its why it has such a huge magazine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I got the N7 Angaran Avenger guy.

How should I be playing him? His skillset looks pretty unique.

• Locked thread