Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird that heavy melee's gone; are melee combos still a thing?

quote:

-Ammo boxes are individual now, instead of shared. Hog all the grenades you wish!

thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm RBAStarblade but I'll be a little bit before I get the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

On the phone app, does anyone know what any of the icons or modifiers actually mean?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just got the game for my birthday! RBAStarblade on Origin. What's the best way to spec a human vanguard in the way of the Novaguards of old? I know I can't hit level 20/666^0 like in ME3 without multiple copies of the card.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 2, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Being a novaguard's as fun as ever but man did sync kills not need to come back.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother keeps dropping wave 2 of multiplayer. When he joins a game in progress he drops the start of the next wave. Anyone know what's up with that?

e: Also I've gotten a widow and a carnifex already, hell yeah

e: Also the load times are awful

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anyone have any advice for crashing at the end of every wave?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

All I know is I'm having a lot of fun spraying my charger smg then punching something in the face, or putting down a barricade, draining some energy, then firing the cyclone. I started with like eight packs because I owned DA:I and ME3 though so it made life easier. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Judging by how much more damage I'm taking on bronze than in ME3 I'm not going to attempt Gold til level 15 on a char or so and level 10 for Silver. I can probably get away with it before then but I figure it'd be less annoying for everyone involved.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 3, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infiltrators and Widows are sick(er), hell yeah.

Hell no though it forgot to give me my money after I won. And my brother still can't not crash. And people drop every game. :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

8th-snype posted:

Human vanguard is crazy powerful with either of the charge evolutions. I ran bastion for a bit but respeced into shocktrooper for maximum novasplosions. charge, nova, punch, charge, explode.

Human Vanguard specced with minimum shockwave and maximum everything else in the manner of novaguard sounds ridiculously good at living.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird how much shorter MEA's multi is than 3's, but it's so much faster paced in combat, it's great. Charge > Punch > Nova feels way better than Charge > Nova did.

This soft cover system sucks though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shumagorath posted:

I had two cobras hit a massive Kett pack and do zero damage too. I could have sworn ME3's instagib item was still a one-hit kill all the way to Platinum but I only played a few matches there.

It occasionally bugged out and did nothing but otherwise yeah it always instant killed, no matter what.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

g0del posted:

Yeah, they are. Ascendants can be worked around, but Fiends are often completely silent and have a tendency to teleport around the map if there's any lag at all. When I'm farming golds with a vanguard I stick to outlaws. Kett have sync kills, and remnant have observers which are annoying to melee.

I was just killed by a Destroyer from behind that was totally silent until it fired. I don't miss Banshee screeches but there needs to be some audio, geez.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 5, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ineffiable posted:

Why do we call them sync kills anyway?

I think Dawn of War started it; two models would "sync up" to perform a cool animation, like a space marine shooting down a demon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh, well that sucks. What's the best class for idiots with bad gear then?

I barely shoot my gun as a human vanguard, as is right and proper.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, the Carnifex sucks a lot in Andromeda. The raptor's pretty cool though.

e: Should I spec my vanguard for Bastion shields, Active Barrier and Shield-Powered Nova? How well's it work?

e: lmao missed the whole page discussing it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 6, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got my first gold pack and got the Scattershot shotgun. Is it any good?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Kett Anointed
Players can no longer avoid damage by standing up against a firing anointed

gently caress

Also it's annoying how the cobra rpg will only kill destroyers half the time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ainsley McTree posted:

This is a slap in the face

also gently caress

Good thing I'm speccing for the novaguard.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm okay with the faction buffs (aside from that Hydra sync kill, wtf?), but the weapon buffs are way too anemic. Vanq will remain the only worthwile gun for the foreseeable future.

I had my first encounter with the Vanq in the wild. I fired a whole clip of raptor ammo into a dude and killed a guy. The other guy killed like three.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 6, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

Having 2 or 3 people with Barricade can make Objective Waves a lot easier, especially Wave 6 Upload.

Considering how bad the soft cover system is I figured Barricade would suck but then I played Sentinel and surprise it's great.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did the patch fix anyone of the network issues at least?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Beat Gold on my first try! Human Vanguard level 14 with Bastion and a Charger VIII. Bastion is broken as gently caress. I punched out a destroyer and picked up comrades while three or four guys were shooting me in the face thanks to it.

I didn't even level up, despite using an xp booster. I don't like how slow leveling is now. Especially since it's per character and not per class.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tsyni posted:

I think the leveling is fairly ok. The game has only been out a couple weeks

It didn't take all that many games to hit level 20 in ME3 though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The scattershot does like no damage at all jfc. I tried it and just swapped out for the charger almost immediately. So of course my second gold pack gave me a second scattershot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

limited posted:

Besides the Charger, the Phalanx isn't too bad. The Carnifex seems good in theory, but the RoF is too slow for decent follow up shots.

Yeah, the Carnifex sucks a lot this time around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you fire it in in small bursts the Charger outdamages the Mattock at medium range. The Charger's pretty much always equipped on my characters. It's especially nice on vanguards because you can charge, punch, then hold the trigger if they get slightly out of melee range and the problem goes away. It does decent damage to armor somehow, too.

Now if the game would just give me a pistol mod. All I've got is the melee 1 one!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lightning Knight posted:

You should take radius on Charge 4, it functions admirably as an AOE stun and can help you survive engagements with more than one target.

Yeah, I went radius and bastion and on Nova I'm going for armor-piercing and biotic priming. Barrier I'm going for shields on punch and saving barrier since it lets you survive sync kills.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ainsley McTree posted:

I didn't realize that the saving barrier evolution allowed you to survive sync kills, that seems pretty nice to have. I was leaning toward the "restore shields on kill" evolution but it seems like the other one is the clear choice.

I wish shotguns didn't suck, because having a weapon with a bayonet attached would just be so aesthetically pleasing for vanguards. Although I guess the optimal weapon being called "the charger" is a good consolation prize.

Saving Barrier seems objectively correct because biotic kills aren't as common as melee kills, which you can get shields back on anyway (hell, even just punches).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

I think Biotic Punch does count as a Biotic kill? Otherwise, poo poo job at naming things, guys.

Some times it says it's just "melee", other times it says "biotic amplifier" and I have no idea why.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother still gets kicked out of the game at the start of every wave of multiplayer. We're going to try switching him from wireless to wired but that's about it. He tried reinstalling and nothing doing. :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does anyone have a good solution for how slow building shaders is every time you turn the game on? It takes a couple minutes to even get into a match after you ready up now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It'd be cool if you could spend mission points from Apex missions to unlock certain classes or guns.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How are you all speccing the human engineer? 66653 with the 3 in the turret (seems a bit weak) and 5 in one of the passives?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Two Finger posted:

And even that would be acceptable if annoying if it wasn't for having to unlock each class ten times

Between that and needing to get the card ten times to get all the points I don't really think I'm going to bother much with the rarer classes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So here's something to NOT do (or do, lmao) as a vanguard: If an adept uses singularity on more than 3 things, do not use shockwave on it then charge it. The game crashed processing all the explosions lol

Rip my last experience booster

e: Wait did the servers go down I can't reconnect

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 10, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zigmidge posted:

Everyone complaining about combos: consider being a team player. Combos are fine.

I detonated a fire combo with charge earlier that did less damage than the followup punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zigmidge posted:

Again, be team players. All combo classes are fantastic when working together.

I can see how working together might be beyond some of you.

Working together isn't the issue. Anything dies when four people wear it down. The problem is working together to set up and detonate a biotic combo does less damage and kills much slower than the two biotic players just punching the target instead.

Also the game crashed on me when I detonated enough combos at once, so, you know

• Locked thread