Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Waffleman_ posted:

Tsuyu Asui (Aoi Yūki)
Quirk: Frog Form
Call her Tsuyu, please. Can do whatever a frog can. I put her here over the rest of the class because she's low-key the best character and I love her.

Great op, seems like you covered the important parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

I would just like to point out how amazing a name "Mt. Lady" is.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

His parents are both horrible, horrible people and he shouldn't be using either of their quirks. If he wanted to really stick it to 'em he'd go quirkless.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

His mother who had an emotional breakdown is not a horrible person.

yeah sorry that's not an excuse for maiming your child~

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 14, 2017

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The Colonel posted:

i don't think anyone is saying it is, i think the point is that todoroki's mom, was kind of hosed up, by his dad, and that is why he actively despises her less

horrible physical and mental trauma can kind of gently caress up a person and make them do hosed up things and that doesn't make them as bad as people who choose to do horribly hosed up things just because they're sick, twisted human beings

Yeah this is fair. I just find maiming and disfiguring a child really disturbing.

Aurora posted:

Todoroki's mom is definitely not a horrible person

What did he mean by this?

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 14, 2017

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Mei's commercial was awesome. I thought she might have outfitted Iida with some kind of sabotage device, but that would've been way less interesting than what we got. Dark Shadow continues to be MVP in every match. That darkness bird is fuckin' cute as hell.

I guess it's too much to ask that Uraraka actually beats Bakugo, but darnit how swell would it be if she did? I believe~

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 20, 2017

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Extra THICC

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Call her Tsu.

This is the correct answer.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Yeah, kinda the whole problem with a power like "explosions" is you can't really show what it's doing to the enemy. Ochako was getting scuffs on her clothes while the arena around them was being torn up and blown away. Whatever, though, anime.

She was levitating a huge cloud of rubble for minutes when before she used to get queasy doing heavy stuff. Super impressive!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Bakugou sucks and his power is stupid. Nice job having explosive sweat, retard. Nobody likes you and you smell like a foot.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Jeez. Poor Midoriya was just a straight up pile of broken bones and torn muscles by the end. Horrifying.

It was pretty obvious how the final clash was gonna go down though. Even One for All-infused punches directly into the gut weren't doing more than knocking Todoroki down for a second.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Nice jobbing there, Todoroki. Silver Surfer would be proud.

lost to an angry guy who smells like nitroglycerin 100% of the time, probably just turned him into the unabomber

go cry to your mom about it maybe she'll make you some tea

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Froppy is #1 forever

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Tokoyami is best boy and his cool demeanor is part of his charm.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Tokoyami truly is best boy

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Endeavor had some ridiculously cool scenes, and he honestly needed them. We've seen plenty of All Might in action. The #2 hero had to be someone approaching that level, and dispatching one Noumu instantly and nearly crippling another with that flame spear had to qualify. All Might in his prime was still a full tier above, but I'm glad we got to see the difference between him and the next strongest/everyone else.

I'm also really glad Endeavor couldn't just arbitrarily fly by shooting fire. Instead he just made the soles of his feet so hot he could run up walls by melting them on contact, which is a much more interesting solution to the question of how he gets around when a lot of these fights seem to go vertical.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 29, 2017

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Froppy is the best. So glad we got a full episode of her, and a seal man who is cute as heck.

But this show continues to leave my most burning question unanswered...

"What superpowers could a man in head-to-toe jeans possibly have?"

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

oh hey neat

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Bakugou sucks rear end and is a stupid prick, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. God what an unlikable rear end in a top hat.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Hihohe posted:

No ones arguing against you, man.

Everytime he comes up in this thread or on reddit, someone always defends him. I wanna say he won the last character popularity poll, too.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Susano-maku da! posted:

There's a Tiger and Bunny vibe to it, although it's far less cynical.

You're right, I agree. Tiger and Bunny and Sky High, who is best hero should make cameos in this show! Good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Here's some spoilers: Tokoyami owns.

heh, but I knew that already

• Locked thread