Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Gort posted:

Why does my guy just randomly cry out in pain every minute or so?

To make you crap your pants

Seriously this bug makes me jump more than anything else in the game. I think it's because it happens when you least expect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
So I'm kind of interested in doing some silenced pistol + crosbow runs. I was thinking of using either the Beretta or the 1911 since the reloading of the revolver can be a pain. Am I to assume that the .45 does more damage in this game? However the 9mm should have more effective range though right?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

The pistols are not worth using because the sights are outright bugged for them, if I remember correctly. The only one I'd keep is the 1911 since it's a three shot unarmored kill and doesn't have the revolver's hideous reload time.

I know they are a little bugged. I'll just have to work around that. It's not supposed to be a good setup, just fun. .45 it is i guess :)

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

M4A1 with a 4x scope which I traded for my lovely bolt-action but I forgot to grab his ammo so I ended up getting trapped in the circle by snipers

Did you just trade a KAR98 for an M4? This is madness.

To bring it back to pistols are bugged chat. I don't think there is anything wrong when ADS except that it might behave different that if you don't. If you shoot the gun as fast as you can while ADS you'll notice that the gun doesn't reset completely and is still pointed upwards and the front and rear sights aren't aligned. I think this confuses people who only notice the front sights and doesn't realise that you don't shoulder the pistol and it can still be tilted upwards while the front sights are on target. If you instead wait for the sights to reset (you don't have to slow down very much) it shoots perfectly straight.

That there seem to be a difference between "hip-fire" and ADS where "hip-fire" is more accurate when shooting fast is an issue. Honestly though I'd say it's the "hip-fire" that's "bugged" and not the ADS since that makes more sense from a real world perspective. However game balance should dictate how the guns shoot and not the real world.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Commoners posted:

Three of us got a win earlier. 11 kills, 11 kills, and 6 kills. Feels good to kill over 1/4th of the players. All three of us also survived.

I bet it felt easy too right? Some of those games where you dominate in a squad feel so easy it doesn't even seem fair.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Good soup! posted:

Man I love coming within inches of getting a solo chicken dinner only for the game to lag the gently caress out at a crucial moment

early access :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXr23vW7Fs

You got stuck on the corpse. Run around or jump over it to get around this bug. Nothing to do with the game going to poo poo right at that moment. It's a consistent bug.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Qmass posted:

Can someone tell playerunknown to make the ground items inventory always visible in the top left. I am sick of pressing tab.

And also remove that stupid yellow highlighting again. Looking for an ex-quickdraw mag and having to open up the inventory screen to check only for it to just be a quickdraw because you can't see if it's blue or grey is annoying as poo poo. Unless it's cause they plan on making the loot locations more random than they are now I don't see the reason at all. I never had problems spotting loot.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Actually don't listen to this guy, the yellow highlighting is a godsend for those of us who have shadows and different light levels turned on. Some rooms are stupidly dark, and the highlighting is a literal lifesaver.

I literally haven't changed the brightness of the game from default (I do have my brightness on my monitor reasonable bright though. However I actually turned it down in the settings since the gaming profile for 144hz had it at 100). Does me having shadows only on low really make that much of a difference?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 22, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

...and finally falling through those stupid clouds. I'm not sure if I lose speed but my screen freezes and it sucks

I don't think you lose speed but I also don't think anyone doesn't get that little lag spike so even if you do lose speed it's probably pretty even for everyone.

Btw ump+Kar98 is an amazing setup. Won two solo's in a row with that now.
Getting caught out in the open moving between cover only to quickly stop and dome the dude shooting is so drat satisfying. I feel like running with the sniper out default unless you're cresting a hill or something is the way to go. Best way to survive being caught off guard.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

bro, that school would be white hot

Is the school even that good loot or is it just because it's a fairly good deathmatch layout and fairly central on the island?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
I completely agree with the vehicles being fun as poo poo in this game.

Yesterday me and my buddy had gotten boat to Primorsk and I had found 2x AR suppressors but no loving AR (my buddy had one but not me) when the blue circle came. So I told my buddy that I was going to keep looting until I found any AR thinking I was going to find one any time soon. However, I wouldn't find an AR until the 3rd circle was just about to start moving and it was closing around Stalbart. So there we are in Primorsk, circle beginning to hurt, without an abundance of meds and only a loving bike to do the trek diagonally across the whole map before we die.
That drive where every little gently caress up would be mean certain death but being unable to take it slow since we were running out of meds was fun as hell. We made it with only a few bandages and boosters between us.
Chicken was had, day was good.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
In what realms does the damage of it fall? Between and ump and an AR or?

Great Beer posted:

In the final circle while actively hunting people? He really is great if he can pull those shots off while not even paying attention.

You really seriously think he is cheating?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 24, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

I mean, whenever someone is winning a game it's obviously not skill and totally the fact that they cheat, that's a classic video game argument.

Can't argue with that

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Great Beer posted:

Maybe. He's certainly got financial motivation to do so, twitch streaming is big money. But mostly I just don't like him and his stupid slack jawed face and am clutching at reasons to justify my irrational hatred of a stranger.

I don't see any reason why anyone should have to justify irrationally or rationally hating a stranger. That's a god drat human right.

But honestly I haven't really watched Grimmmz with the intend to spot if he is cheating or not but I have yet to notice any fishy gameplay by him.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

Besides, real men watch the manliest of man streamers, DrDisrespect.

Has the thread title been The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - ITT people arguing about Twitch streamers yet btw?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Bardeh posted:

It is first on the priority list, it's just a much more difficult fix because apparently the issues are caused by something in the core UE4 code.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have continuously been working on a solution to the server issues for a while now. I think it's just a little PR move that they announced that they are focusing on the netcode for the next monthly update even though they have been working on it all along.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Novo 95% of all games is my new go to. That spot has all the loot. Sometimes you gotta fight, sometimes you don't, always come out of there decked (remember the small wooden towers, they seem to have the sickest of loots). Only thing you might miss is a few non-scope attachments but you can get them in the town houses before you leave.

Btw the new m4 with an angled grip is my new favourite close to mid range run. If you guys are still picking up the vertical over the angled try a game with the angled, I think it owns.

Earlier in the thread some guys were having some issues wanting to change some keybindings but the game not letting you. You can do that in the game files themselves which are found in your game golder under %AppData/local/temp/. The file you are looking for is the GameUserSettings in the engine folder I believe, where you can just edit the code. Just find the clump of code containing all the keybindings and edit it to the keys you want. Fairly straight forward albeit a little confusing since they didn't use line breaks, but the syntax is there. I have my zero'ing on scroll up and down without the game swapping my guns.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 1, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

Also fine? If I find two level 3 backpacks in solo I'd like the ability to chuck one in a bush so any scavvers following me can't get it

One on the back, one of the stomach for double the capacity.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 1, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

So, I'm trying to get better at this game; while I sometimes do okay I tend to cap out at two kills at most. Any tips on how to do that? Play more, obviously, but at the same time I don't want to accidentally reinforce bad habits, etc. so if there are any important things I should know or that might be helpful, that would be appreciated.

Pick your battles. Unless you have a silencer (and at times even if you do) only shoot a people you have to or are sure to kill. Giving your position away for no reason is very bad.

Learn where the 3rd person bullshit puts you at a disadvantage and where it puts you at an advantage. Often times small hills are the best cover since you can 3rd person look over it while still being behind cover. This also means you can't expect to push people hiding behind a tree/stone since they will get the drop on your most of the time.

Run towards gunfire (within reason), not away from it. If you hear gunfire close by, pushing towards it is often a good strategy since you know their position but they don't know yours. If you end up killing the guy, the area you came from and the area where you killed him will now be relatively safe. In the same vein, it can often be a good idea to move to a new location after you have been shooting in case someone is running towards your gunfire.

Remember to hold shift when aiming down sights/scope for improve stability.

Play the game.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 2, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Willfrey posted:

A goon said that or a random? Name and shame.

If anybody said that to me and was serious I'd TK.

Agreed. The only time you should get annoyed when a teammate shoots a guy you downed is if his time could be better spent shooting at a guy still alive.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

416 with a tac stock, foregrip, and comp definitely seems like it is the best AR by the numbers...

EDIT: Going to have to give that a shot next time I play. I've definitely been just kind of following the herd and dumping whatever I have for a SCAR when I find one.

I told you guys. M4 with angled grip is best gun atm. Now I have the numbers to back both of those "controversial" choices up.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

No one knows for sure how the loot tables work. However, me and some of the guys I play with noticed what seems to be a sort of loot seeding. Sometimes we are finding more 4X scopes than we know what to do with. Other times we all founds Vectors, when they were still desirable. Sometimes it's KARd, 8X scopes or level 3 helmets. Hilariously we've had rounds where 3 of us have KARs and not a single scope. When it's less desirable items, it's probably less noticeable though because you quickly write them off as trash and then complain about something you don't have that you want.

I feel the same but can't help but wonder if it's just that thing where we only notice the times when it happens but forgot all the times that it doesn't.

Any idea if there is a like a set amount of a specific item spawning each game, e.g., 10 Kar98 spawns every game in random locations, or if it more of a diablo loot table where it rolls through the options for each loot location?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 8, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Generally with this game I tend to believe they've done less rather than more considering this is early access. That would mean I think every loot spot just rolls its own dice, but obviously there are high quality vs low quality spawns. I have no reason to believe there is a global limit on items, why would there be? Over half the map goes unlooted every game so what would they accomplish? This isn't like Diablo, there's no economy to balance. I've also been wrong about things in the past like I didn't believe there was damage drop off at range or rank based matchmaking but clearly there are.

I leaning a lot more to the each spot rolling through their own drop table (of course different spots might have different tables). I do however think Bardeh might be on to something with the drop tables being modified (+30% drop value or something) in map segments and that these modifiers are different from game to game. Sometimes it seems that you can tell a whole area is going to be poo poo, average or awesome loot based on the first few places you loot and it tends to hold true.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 8, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

I have had my life saved A ridiculous amount of times by the frying pan

I feels almost like a defensive item in a MOBA or something.

Frying pan
Gives 10% chance to receive no damage next time you are hit

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Elentor posted:

The trick to successfully camp a shack is to always shoot first.

Do you hear a grenade pin? Open the door and kill the dude while he's throwing the grenade.
Is someone approaching and he intends to enter the shack? Kill him.

100% of the people against whom I've played get caught off guard, because they're fully expecting that the shack camper is gonna hide there until the very last second.

If you are able to open the door and shoot the guy before he is back to his primary I think he is throwing the nade from a bad spot.
Honestly I think you have to spot people and kill them while they approach. When I throw a nade in to a shack it's more to get the camper out of the shed not so much expecting to get him with the nade. When the guy in the shack come bursting out the door you can get the jump on him easily.

Also to the guy earlier asking if people would reck him in this game like it was CS, they will not. The gameplay and gun play in this game is quite different. I get in very few situations where me having played a fair amount of CS helps me much (1pp instead of 3pp might change this a bit though, who knows). I think you will be more than fine in PUBG.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 9, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

White Noise Marine posted:

Also lol if you don't think streamers generate sales. I picked this game up due to seeing a streamer playing it, it looked fun, and now that I've been playing it, my whole group of friends are playing. So chalk up 15 sales to 1 streamer.

Same

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Megasabin posted:

...Some people also claim that certain areas like the military base spawn better quality weapons, but I'm not sure anyone has verified that.

I definitely believe that. I mostly loot at novo and if me and my buddy get to properly loot the place we get out of there each with a SCAR/M4 + SKS/Kar98 + optics almost every time. The container area seems to spawn good weapons, optics, armor and meds. The only thing we consistently have to search the houses or small grey sheds for is attachments which seem to very rarely drop in/on the containers, which could be because attachments are too low on the quality list.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

J posted:

I'm using a nice pair of headphones but I am just having an incredibly hard time telling the direction of shots, even when they aren't shooting at me and I can just focus on it. I'll try swiveling faster and see if that adds any clarity to it.

Got them on the right way?

Joking aside do you have problems in other games or only pubg? My friend can't locate shots that well either and I think it's holding him back a fair amount even though he is pretty good already.
I would love to be able to improve it for him. He has been playing the game for a while now, so it's gotta be either his setup or a physiological thing (if that is even an option? Does the ability locate sound even vary much in humans?).
If you find something with your setup that improves it I'd love to know.

A thing that was a little confusing for me in the beginning is the location of the supersonic bullet cracks. The sound from those appears perpendicular to the direction the bullet game from.

Use that to your advantage and also listen for the actual gun report which comes a little after due to the speed of sound.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't think anyone uses this. If you hear the whizz/crack, you know you're getting shot at, but then you listen for the report. Am I wrong?

True, it is difficult to straight up locate a shooter based only on the crack but for me it definitely helps to narrow it down sometimes. What is more important though is that you don't take the wrong cover if you think the crack is the direction of the shooter.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 15, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Earlier I had my first non lag + low ping game in all of the hours I have played. It was beautiful. The game felt completely different and just overall much better. Finally I could move the way I wanted to in relation to the enemy. You could properly bait the enemy into committing to a fight by jiggling peeking/repeeking and it felt like finally some movement skills from CS carried over. You could properly get cover the instant you needed it. It was like whole new part of the game opened up.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

you say that but my consistent scar and/or UMP begs to differ

Unless you have a long range gun with that + 4-8x, at least 2/2/2 + meds I beg to differ.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Honestly I think I'd almost rather pick up crossbow than a shotgun atm. Picked it up there other day for fun since my duo partner got killed instantly by another duo and I wanted to get some petty revenge before we started a new game. Ended up destroying the other duo close range one shot for each. Don't think another gun could have done that well. Good thing I had time to reload though.

Had a crazy squad game yesterday where when there were about 30-35 people left we decided to drive a fair bit into the white circle to try and find a good spot. We ended up driving around for a while inside the fairly small circle ('cause we couldn't agree on a spot) and ended up stopping on a small plateau with 3 open huts almost on top the hill north east of Pochinky. Immediately we took fire from all directions (go figure).
There was a non-stop fight at that location for a while since around half of the 30-35 alive decided to stop by one team after the other. When the fighting stopped I was the only survivor on the plateau. My squad was dead but I was 9 kills richer (10 total by this point), by the mercy of my AKM and M24, and now there were only 3 more standing between me and victory.
It was quiet for a bit and I was hiding behind a tree looking for snakes and bush wookies when 2 of the remaining 3 pushed. Downed one and the other died instantly (different teams). Now it was one on one with the downed guy crawling around in the no man's land between the two trees me and the last guy were hiding behind. I didn't have any frags, however the guy I killed earlier died by my tree and he had a molotov. Threw it at the foot of the other tree which flushed the last guy out to his swift death. Victory was mine.

That was the most intense win I've had so far.

PS: The AKM has a nutty 4-5 shot burst and you should try it out.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

amotea posted:

I queue with my mates on Discord and then kill them for their loot.

Next level. I still only throw flash bangs after them or shoot next to them when I have a suppressor to freak them out.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

succ posted:

really love never getting x4 so the midgame is a complete poo poo show.

reddit seems to agree that they reduced them this patch

The best source of non confirmation biased news.

Zipperelli. posted:

2x scope best scope. :colbert:

Honestly I really like the 2x on a Kar98 so long as I don't have to shoot over 200m. Feels super good for aim'ing (less laggy somehow) however spotting people can be tough.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 5, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Viva Miriya posted:

hey dude did you know you have numbers in your name

Yea it weird. Something went wrong when I picked my username and it gave me this for some reason. Been too cheap/lazy/indifferent to change it.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 5, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Zo posted:

lol so my coworker bought his first computer a few months ago basically to play hearthstone, and wanted to get into pubg after hearing me talk about it

he'd tell me about his play and it's mostly the usual like dying from jumping out of a moving car, or getting his first kill, but he'd also make kinda weird comments like how he can't really see anybody outside and "full screen is bugged"

well it turns out his computer doesn't have a gpu card and he's been playing in a tiny window using Intel HD Graphics, and even then it lags like a bitch :lol:

so yeah at the lowest mmr games these are the kind of players you face. anyway i gave him my old gtx 750 ti, which isn't fast, but will probably let him play at full screen 30-40 fps at least (his cpu is alright and has 8gb ram)

I mean that the perfect card since it's the one of the most powerful cards (if not THE most) that draws all the power it needs directly from the PCI socket. Who knows if his PSU could handle a better card.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Martin posted:

I think I've played around 350 games of Battlegrounds.

I just this afternoon realized that you can hold shift when you're using ironsights/holo/reddot to zoom a tiny bit. Blew my mind.

and it steadies your aim. drat using full auto must have been impossible?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Also, don't ram anything with open wheels or you will probably go flying.

Ain't that the truth. Once initiated an early game jousting match with a buggy (me in a dacia). I thought the dacia would be the superior vehicle but instead it turned in to Robot Wars where the buggy guy was one of the OP flip bots. I even ended up on the hood of the buggy once and he tried driving me into a river. The dacia was hilariously outmatched. Fun as hell though.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

Two guys were coming to our house with a bike, I shot once and killed them both with my shotgun. They probably were at low hp due to zone, but still..

Bet it looked sweet as hell though. Sometimes the rag dolls look brutal as gently caress, like when they just drop while running, slump up against a tree, or when their neck and upper body snap backwards when headshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Croccers posted:

Holy loving poo poo they really need to bloody make it that when a car is empty it sticks you in the Driver's seat by default.

I've begun to enter the car from the "wrong" side.

• Locked thread