Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Megasabin posted:

So this game doesn't play nice with triple monitors at all. Every other game all 3 of my screens go black for 15-30 seconds, and then when they come back the game has closed itself.

It sounds like your CPU and or GPU is maxed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Aranan posted:

I'm torn between playing it safe and hiding from everyone (which usually lets me score higher) and playing aggressively, dropping into cities and going for kills (which I feel is probably helping me get better at weapon handling and muscle memory for movement).

"Git gud" is hard.

I like to go full aggro early game because pubbies have no idea what to do when you're pushing them with a shotty or a m16 on burst. I just finished a round where I dropped on the roof of the admin building at the jail, found an m16, let the pubbies kill each other then shot the two remaining ones and got all their sweet loot. Made it to top ten with this pro Strat until some dick dying in the blue zon shot me in the back from 300m away

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ump is fantastic for closerange especially hippity hoppitying around 10/10

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

with a silencer or compensator + forgeries the ump is crazy stable while ADS'd on full auto

owns bones pumping people full of lead while they try to figure out what the gently caress is going on

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It keeps the market stable or else those fancy trench coats may be a dime a dozen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stealthgerbil posted:

the only reason i care about unlocks is so i can get camo or nature colored clothing to make hiding in bushes easier.

or for $0.75 you can just buy them unless you want the drat trenchcoat that increases your hitbox

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

it's better to assume cosmetics do not change your hit box because to assume otherwise would be woefully retarded

it's a bug not a feature*

*at the time of this writing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rap music posted:

Anyone else getting regular disconnects? This was my loadout last night right before my most recent DC. :(

I had disconnects all night last night to the point that i actually went to bed at a half decent time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Could go the battlefield route and have vastly different gravities for projectiles (literally bullet trajectories can have gravity double that of Earth to simulate the drop they want)

It definitely feels more realistic going this route and from a programming perspective it makes more sense to give each type of projectile its own gravity to simulate weight since trying to do a calculation of how a bullet falls because it weighs x while traveling at 1100m/s seems like way more CPU time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

So will the patch be live on the test servers tomorrow?

4/20 brah

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If you have $0.81 the tan and green jacket is really good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Doesn't appear to exist on the marketplace.

I guess the word i was looking for was Khaki

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really really like the m416 with a suppressor/compensator and vertical foregrip with a 4x. Great for surprise closeups on auto and great for long range sniping

I have never had it and the m16 at the same time to compare though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh hackers definitely explain my games from last night, I assumed it was all due to desync but dying suddenly makes more sense now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The UMP is great for early game then after killing enough dudes you can usually get pretty geared up and find all the parts you need (aka at least an AR compensator for your M16 with a 4x and ext. quickdraw)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Seems like the m16 might receive a nerf tomorrow. Any of you guys tried it on the test server yet?

Thank god

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

I can concede this point but it still kinda dings the M16's usefulness some if you can kill a dude that has one decked out with an UMP

maybe they have all that poo poo on a SCAR or M416 but still, if you're killing dudes like that it speaks volumes on how good the UMP really is, it punches way above its weight

It really does, the only close range gun I prefer for earlygame city fights is the 686 because doubletapping some scared pubbie running around looking for a pistol just feels so good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fyallm posted:

Everytime I have a shotgun I try and kill someone and hit them 3 times and by then they end up killing me... But if someone else has a shotgun I get 1 tapped. I loving hate this game.

Aim at their head? Strafe and hop as you shoot? Git gud?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Streamers are saying their FPS on the test server is infinitely better

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rap music posted:

Hoo boy. That vector seems like it has a super high ROF and tight grouping. If it has the same damage per shot as the 1911 it will likely be OP as gently caress in early game.

I wish I could say that this has only happened to me once. :ughh:

Luckily it appears to be nearly impossible to find in the early game (or at least as rare as a Kar)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wait did he teleport players from elsewhere to right in front of him then shoot them in the head? or does it only teleport their positions to him then he can shoot them hence why there are no boxes

Why the hell is so much stuff going on clientside that it can work like that :psyduck:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 19, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I understand why clientside stuff is necessary, but what I'm saying is being able to pinpoint and teleport to player locations via a clientside bug is Not Good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Video game hacking is crazy interesting from a programming side is what I'm learning here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

One of the ways ARMA/DayZ hackers finally lost teleport hacks was because the game was continually transmitting to the master server (it had to update pretty much constantly so you couldn't alt-f4 in combat) the anticheat code would piggyback onto that. So for teleports it would just check your current position against your previous position and if you were moving too fast to be plausible in the game, it would kick you out.

Of course, when this was introduced, they forgot the game had helicopters at one point. When they put helicopters back in the game, the anticheat would kick people out of the server because the speed at which the helicopter travelled triggered the antiteleport mechanic.

When they would spawn into the server again, it would keep their last known altitude data, but they wouldn't have a parachute. So they'd spawn in midair and fall to their deaths.

:allears:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this is what EA was supposed to be like *sobs incoherently*

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty stoked to not have my gun clip through the wall I'm hiding against

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It's the shotgun meta boyos, get yourself a 686 with a choke and kill all the weakass motherfuckers

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Solution: click on their heads

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm pretty sure the 686 can't have a scope, you can put a choke and bullet loops on it, would be nice though!

what in the heck is this blasphemy

you should be ashamed of yourself

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Take the choked 686 into thy hands and become a GOD

Checking hills is for yellow bellies

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

i call it tuesday

It's Friday

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yesterday i stole a crate with a 249 and a ghili suit then hid in a bush blasting everyone who came near then died to the circle because i forgot about that part

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

why do people get so nervous in regards to killing poo poo it's not that hard tbh

just kill them before they can get away is my esports tip of the day

i think its mostly people who dont know how to choose fights, like they're remembering that one time they attacked that single dude (while standing in the middle of a field and the dude is behind a wall) and they got slaughtered and they dont get it it was 2v1!!!

so instead they hide in buildings at the top of stairs with a shotgun aimed at the door while prone

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was about to buy arma for BR after watching Lirik play it and it looking really fun but then this came out

I played H1z1 before it was split and I mostly played just survive so it's kind of funny to me that H1z1 is now the arcade br instead of the tacticool thing it was trying to be originally

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Red Mundus posted:

Dumb question but is there a list of controls? I've seen people talk about holding breath, aiming down ironsights, etc. but can't seem to find how to do that and going in the options isn't showing anything obvious.

shift = hold breath while ADS
right click = ADS
hold right click = hip fire/half ads/zoom whatever you wanna call it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I have a GTX 970, anyone with the same/similar power video card recommend settings for smoother play? The game feels choppy at times, but that could just be alpha game not being optimized.

SSD and a CPU upgrade will make it a whole new game, I just finished a 7700k build with a 1060 coming from a Phenom II x4/1060 and I can't believe how much smoother it is

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The last thing we need is dudes staying in the gas with boosters shooting people who are actually playing the objective

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yo i'm playing squads with the chillhards if anyone wants to watch

https://www.twitch.tv/serious_overchill

featuring doggo cam :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Allegedly Allergic posted:

The thing that's killing me in this game is urban combat. I can usually maneuver or evade around people in the open, but if I'm in a city, or even worse, in a building, they almost always get the drop on me unless I'm camping a closet or the stairwell of a 2 story. Any tips?

Shot gun, balls to the wall, corner peak and blast em

Ez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Allegedly Allergic posted:

Really it comes down to that whenever I check a corner, it's always the wrong corner.

I suppose I should just git gud.

listen for footsteps and try to go the opposite way so you can juke them and shoot them in the back

watch my stream and i wont follow any of this advice

• Locked thread