Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Shima Honnou posted:

Just got this. Pretty fun. Did better my first round that I'd have expected, placed top 8. Jump-punched a dude to death in the opening seconds and then used the M16 he found in the first building to kill 3 other people throughout the round. Only died because I drag rear end for too long in the electric gas and couldn't keep healing myself fast enough.

That kind of success is usually spread across six separate rounds for me so congrats on your meteoric ascent to the top 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It can't be worse than the double barreled shotgun or crossbow.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

I love the double barreled shotgun for completely over killing one dude

I guess, but I don't trust a close quarter weapon with effectively one shot, even if it is a hell of a shot. But that's just because I'm bad.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hitreg already sucks, I'm not sure the severs would be able to handle another level of crouching without bursting into flames

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fusion Restaurant posted:

This game's performance is so so so bad at 720p and all low settings on a computer which can handle basically every other recent AAA game just fine :(

16 GB RAM, 1060, i7 6700, IDK what's so wrong with it.

Obvious question but when was the last time you updated your drivers?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Looting is also super laggy when you first drop so you might have to try it a few times

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Whats the best way to hunt people abd pick fights anyhow? I've been trying to drop more aggressively or at least have a plan at the beginning of games, so I've had a lot of games start where I get a kill right away. Then I end up just... never finding anyone until the end of the game????

Luck, mostly. The most reliable way to get someone near you is to make a ton of noise then hide, but that's more likely to get you killed than anything else.

Then again I have revved a car into a field and hid and had people just walk straight up to the car, so pubbies are really dumb.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Intoluene posted:

I actually have a bit of success picking fights with a silenced pistol. People really have trouble figuring out where you are and the gunshots don't actually draw much attention like unloading a shotgun would.

Silenced pistols are surprising effective for banzai charging people since what kind of insane bastard would charge across a field to kill someone from five feet away. Never see it coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Futuresight posted:

I wish they had sights in the lobby. I know a lot of people hate that the lobby has guns but I want em to double down and make it even better to just grab a gun and practice some shooting while you wait.

Why would anyone hate that the lobby has guns? It's just a bit of mindless fun while the game is loading in everyone.

• Locked thread