Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Surprisingly good game, I like it a lot.

Is it better to kill people than to have a good ranking? Most people seem to always jump together and just go on a killing spree. The way I play it, I won't even encounter a person until there is like 40 left and dying before the last 20 is just really bad luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

beejay posted:

I don't know why

Because having your games name in ALLCAPS and adding your own name in ALLCAPS in front of it is retarded. And if you are a new player that never heard of this person(which is a stupid nick in the first place for indicating to be a username), the game title simple is "Player unknown battlegrounds."

//Worst game name in my steam library by a mile.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 29, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
The biggest enemy in this game is not trying to gently caress up using the iron sights and ending up with third person.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Viking_Helmet posted:

gently caress! I keep forgetting that trying to action roll out of a moving car just results in it merrily rolling you right the gently caress over.

I have two roadkills, both are me.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Having a single bad game kicks you out of Top100

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Almost there.

I explain fast without to much detail how I get there with a KDR under 2. Played today around 15 games with this strat and never died once before #10.

First Rule: NEVER engange someone unless you absolutly have to because he blocks your path on foot or you are 100% sure you get the kill and can loot him.
Second Rule: Cars are your best friends, they will almost always safely get you in the middle of of the circle and can provide a fast escape if the following circle is not how you want it or will provide cover just by standing behind them.

The following picture shows to where I jump to 99% depending on the flight path, the place I loot and where I obtain my car.
When you have finished looting and got your car, there should be around 60/50 Players alive and the first blue circle closing in/second white circle appear.

After you got your car, you basicly spend your whole time driving around and flanking the complete circle depending of the path the plane took. There should be no need to get out of the car until the last 30/40 are alive or you need some additional loot from small house clusters you know they will be empty:

When there are between 30 and 40 people you drive straight into the middle of the circle and search for a building to camp, park your car infront of the entrace, dont try to make it seem empty, we dont want to fight, we want them to avoid us. If the following circle is out of your position, get into the car and change position with around 30 people left.

Your goal should be camping in a house withing the white circle and 20 players alive. If you managed to do that, and the next circle is not in your location, ignore it, our main goal is top10, everything else is extra. Dont move from your position until the blue circle is killing you and you cant escape it, pretty much every game for me, I am already top10 before the blue circle forces me out of the position without firing a single shot if not forced to, but still having a reasonable chance to get to rank #1.

At least it works for me.

Zero proofreading went into this.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 1, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Bardeh posted:

That sounds like a very good strat for purely climbing the leaderboard, but it doesn't really sound like much fun.

Yeah, its defenitly not the most interessting experience if you are in for sick firefights. But this strat is comming from a person who could spend 8 hours a day staring trough a scope in DayZ hunting bandits, never move, and do some bullet drop math on the side.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

succ posted:

Does anyone hear rounds hitting the floor when someone shoots? What is up with that?

Bolt action rifle sometimes seem to trigger a global case eject.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I also just won my first Squad game, only problem was, matchmaking never gave me teammates.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Dryb posted:

With only 28 teams, did anyone get a teammate?

28x4

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Does this game have a Lore or something? I would assume if there was a lore that implies that those Battle Royale happen more often you could spread more crashed planes and burned out cars over the whole map as cover, or add some artillery holes and fallen over trees at some parts of the map. At the moment it just seems like you are being dropped with the first 100 people on this empty island.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Harminoff posted:

Do you really need a backstory in order to enjoy it?
Try reading it again, I was talking about the lack of cover in regards to amount/variety in the level design. I never said I need a story, I was just wondering if there was something.

VulgarandStupid posted:

That's the story.
And the people on the plane are criminals and illegals? I really like where this is going.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Shotguns seem overpowered. I one-shot and getting one-shotted with the S1897 in the chest with Level 3 Armor and Helmet without a headshot. How many pellets does one shot contain?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Orv posted:

skill based firefights

What skill are you talking about? The skill to look around corners of the buildings, or the skill to hip fire your gun fully automatic without aiming in close range.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
With almost 200 Rounds I went the first time to Zharki today.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

30%? I doubt there will be more than 5% of the playerbase that will play first person only, just because many will go back to third person realising they are bad at it and have zero situational awarness.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Songbearer posted:

Throwing smoke bombs when you're the last few players alive in a field so the enemy gets confused and assumes you're heading in the smoke's direction so they look that way while you creep around in the opposite direction for a flank: Surprisingly effective.

Meanwhile smokes are clientside and go straight up in the air like a fountain and wont fool anyone: Unsurprisingly bad.

Only time they were usefull is by smoking a house so they cant see something while you reposition, or just killing your opponents FPS

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Just a reminder that holding your weapon up when facing a wall is clientside and for everyone else the whole gun will stick trough the wall giving away your position.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Did they change on the test servers how lightning in buildings work? Its really straining on the eyes now, and the loot now glowing like glowsticks is really headache inducing overlayed with the dark rooms.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

afkmacro posted:

Also the most interesting I read from one cheat developer was that apparently there are no LODs for any of the object meshes which is probably why the game is so taxing on resources.
Not even remotly true, every object I saw so far has at least one different LOD. Also I am to 99.999% sure those LODs are not handmade but generated, which is clearly visible when you look at the house LODs and "book cases"

Akion posted:

lower LOD mesh it kind of defeats a big part of the game.

You are aware the lower LOD means lower tris amount? Which has in the end nothing to do whith how good you see someone in a bush if you do it properly.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I have yet to play a custom match where the server doesnt crash.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Custom games like Pistols only, faster blue, shorter white, 10x more cargo planes, melee only, more cars etc.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

VulgarandStupid posted:

The SAW has a bipod that actually deploys when you prone. Now with the new foliage, that might actually be useful.

That one out of a thousand games where you camp prone with a Para not further than 80m from a corner where enemy will come around and didnt saw you because of the foilage will be pretty usefull.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

That sounds needlessly risky IMO

I went into Top25 Global win rating in solo with that strat with a KDR under 1.8, there is basicly zero risk with this. I rather take two potential fights in a game that you choose + getting shot at while driving around, than CONSTANT risk of getting shot from 360°

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
New loot table is an important step towards a more competitive and interesting game for everyone.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Jerkface posted:

Whats the ideal 2 weapon setup? Rifle + Shotgun? Double Rifle?

I usually loot until I have the minimum:

Minimal setup:
S1897 + Choke (Ammo: 15)
AKM/M16 +Reddot (Ammo 60)
Level 1 Backpack
Level 2 Helmet
Level 2 Armor
2 First Aid
2 Energy drink
1 Painkiller
Dacia

Perfect Setup
S12K + Extended Mag (Ammo 32)
M416 + Quickdraw, ACOG, Red dot, Vertical, Compensator, (Ammo 120)
Level 2 Backpack
Level 3 Helmet
Level 3 Armor
1 Medkit
X First Aid
X Energy
X Painkiller
Dacia

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
"We resolved the issue with the leaderboards"

Meanwhile 8/10 people in Top10 EU Leaderboard have like under 10 wins and sub 10% Winrating

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

VikingSkull posted:

It's a combo of wins, overall finishes and kills

I was sub 500 in squad with a 5% win rating and like 10 wins, it's just that we never finish out of the top 5 generally

The EU ladder is bugged. Your explenation has nothing to do with it. If you want to claim otherwise I invite you to proof me wrong by comparing the Top 10 to each other, or just looking a split second into the winrating board.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 24, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Daily reminder to always have a shotgun in your secondary weapon slot.
https://streamable.com/q7tyt

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Verviticus posted:

are you soloing in duo/squad?

Yeah, I usually solo in Squad to get better/ have more intense fights.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I can use this game in fullscreen as if it was borderless with a two-screen setup, if you open the steam overlay or open the inventory, it lets me just move over to the other screen and do stuff without having the game minimized. I wouldn't know of any other game where this works right now.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

BinaryDoubts posted:

above or below

above you makes hollow sound like already mentioned, and under you sounds like someone is walking on metal fencing.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
https://pubg.me/
Site to view player stats.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Protip: You can flip bikes by pressing F.

Also on a sidenote to the Elo system. I started to gather some information about the matches to figure out what number has how much impact on the leaderboards. I will probably make it accessible when I have around 25-30 matches of information.

And some people in the Top10 still shouldn't be in the Top100

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
After playing 680+ Rounds combined in Solo/Duo/Squad/Custom on all Servers, I have come to the conclusion that my main enemy in this game is the terrible performance(alpha blending/auto generated LODs) and the completly overloaded servers with a constant lag of 1+ second (EU). Enemy players are merely a buggy game asset that you can loot.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Third match: 6 kills Chicken Dinner :woop:

Third match usually is running yourself over with a car.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I wasnt concerned about the patchnotes regarding the shotgun till the first minute of the match.

https://streamable.com/8njh9

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

:cheers:

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
So far I've died to the other players 251times in my 122 hours 25 minutes. It serves no real purpose other than being an RNG nuisance in my opinion. It's stupid to have your game ended by complete RNG that you can't do anything about in some situations.

The only reason Red zone is considered a nuisance is because you know where its comming. It shoulnt even mark where it strikes, just announce it, so every single player needs to consider finding shelter or hope its not on him.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

practicing and perfect their spray in a few minutes.
An average joe would have to play tons of games to actually test their spray, with limited ammo at that (since you would be carrying other things).
But thanks for the thoughts
LEARN THIS MANS TRICK TO PERFECT MUSCLE MEMORY IN MINUTES, PRO GAMERS HATE HIM!!

Or you could just play the game pick up a gun you want to train collect some bullets and shoot a wall? Whats stopping you from doing that? Which gun aside of the DMR is rare that you have a hard time to be able to train the spray/recoil?

• Locked thread