Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
So what's everyone's opinion on the Mini-14? It wasn't in the game when I stopped playing and I've found it a few times now, that thing is a loving beast IMO. Replaced my assault rifle slot, now my ideal setup is Mini-14 with a 2x or 4x and an UMP as my secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

School is really bad and is basically just a fight club at this point. That compound east of rozhok at the bridge is probably better.

School and the military base is for little kids and idiots IMO

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Real men drop in forests and hide on hillsides

the pro strat is to find a machete in a little shack and stay there until the zone kills you

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Ice Fist posted:

Yep that isn't unusual. Most of the time when I see streamers use one they will almost always favor the 8x over the 15x if they have the option. Part of it is that I think because it's so rare nobody is used to using it.

Way back when they were first put in my squadmate had a suppressed Kar98 with the 15x and a ghille suit and he was god tier with it. One shot was well over a kilometer and he ended up with 11 kills total, we had like 22 or 23 total between the 4 of us. To this day it was the best win I've had that wasn't solo, it just felt like we were on another level. The last circle saw him switch to a 4x and hide in a bush while we just maneuvered and called out targets to him. He'd either kill them outright or wound them enough so we could plink them.

Yeah though, I think I've seen a 15x maybe 3 or 4 times and I probably have close to 1,000 games total.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

mashed_penguin posted:

Don't player models only render out to 1km max ?

Maybe they don't now but a few months ago they did. We were down near those trenches by Gatka and he nailed a guy on top of the mountain.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

VulgarandStupid posted:

That's only 800m.

Anyway this is a video from June, so maybe it's been changed, showing people de-rendering at 1KM.

Ah ok, still though it was a hell of a shot

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

hawowanlawow posted:

Gimme a pistol shoulder stock attachment

:getin:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Hell yeah, top 1,000 in NA Solo by playing like the biggest bitch baby coward I can. gently caress getting kills, just hide until the top 20. Got my 2nd chicken dinner just now in 60ish games by getting 4 kills at the very end.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I mean don't get me wrong playing for kills is fun in its own right, and that's how my squad and I play usually, but there's still fun to be had by being cautious. It isn't just as simple as parking in the middle of the circle and staying there, because I almost never land where the circle is. It's just that I don't take those early game chances and spend a good chunk of time planning what my next move is going to be. Once I'm in the last 20 or so left then I switch to an aggressive playstyle, it's just putting yourself in that situation consistently that gets the rank up.

There's really no "wrong" way to play and I think that's what keeps me coming back.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

abigserve posted:

K/D ratio of .73 (from here). Absolutely shameful my dog

It is and I'm garbage at shooting lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Herstory Begins Now posted:

nah i've got the same as him and get 100+ fps 99% of the time (gently caress yasnaya tho). he didn't mention an ssd though

Yeah, running PUBG through an SSD is a must IMO

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

alr posted:

New patch and new nVidia drivers, staying above 80 in the vicinity of Yasnaya at 3440x1440 with a gtx1070 and i5 2500k. Owns.

yeah performance seems MUCH better since the drivers dropped

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
11 games on the new map, got my first win, last kill was my first AWM kill ever and it was from like 10m away lmao

haven't earned BP in two straight games though, that bug is irritating

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 24, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
just lol if you are using a vehicle on the new map and not skulking around in all of the trenches and valleys like a WWI doughboy

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna guess between beta and release they haven't done much to fix the inescapable holes around the map or floating objects or buildings that have no collision that you can just walk through?

the new map has none of that I've seen and performance is way up too

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
There are definitely some aspects of the new map I don't like, such as the amount of buildings in certain areas and the added height of some buildings, but that's more on me than the map itself. I can bust out the 5-8 kill winning rounds with some regularity, but I'm also a very cautious and sneaky player so forcing me into close fights with small angles cramps my natural playstyle.

The performance bump can't be denied, though, and I think I just need more time to adjust how I play rather than making GBS threads on the map.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
To be fair to the early game jankiness, it's better than it was. I started playing the first day of early access before the game exploded and it wasn't that bad, but it got much worse once it turned into the must play GOTY. The first few patches after that it was dogshit, and so far in 1.0 it seems to be a tenth of what it was just a few months ago.

If this was a AAA game and cost $60 I'd feel ripped off, but for what it started out as and for $30 I feel like the game is well worth it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

FallenGod posted:

Finally started to get the hang of playing FPP, except for the part where I shoot other people without dying. Good thing the new map doesn't have any weapons on the lobby island to practice with. :thumbsup:

The leaderboards make no sense, though. Apparently a whopping three top tens and only seven kills in 20+ games is "top 2%" performance, but I can't seem to find any of that bottom 98% to shoot at in game. You would think they'd just be standing around in the open firing into the sky to have worse stats than me.

The majority of the players die super early, so if you're consistently in the top half you actually are "better" than most people.

Now, some of those players land at school and either die or get 10 kills and win the game, but 5 90th places and 5 top 10's is going to trash your stats worse than 10 33rd's will.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I haven't played squads on the new map yet, but in solo it feels much more tense than Erangal because of all the hiding spots. I can imagine with squads you condense the amount of people per area but in solo all the hiding spots plus the spread out nature of the players seems to enhance the map in certain ways.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I wish they'd region lock the game tbh. Getting the jump on dudes with random letters for names only to die to them because they are lagging like crazy is getting kind of old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

lohli posted:

It feels like players get killed off way faster in the new map, which makes for a shittier mid-late game because you don't loving see anyone outside of the very early and very late game. It's ok to have the odd round like that but it feels like those rounds happen way too often, where it's like walking through a ghost town until the last few circles.

It's weird because there doesn't seem to be enough points on the map that should be so desirable that it warrants half the server almost immediately dying off trying to dominate them.

I see you've met the Christmas noobs too

it'll balance back out once they all get better/quit in frustration

• Locked thread