Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Bhaal posted:

The last time I played squad in discord had a guy who published the squad's ranking stats in the channel and then commented on how low some of the numbers were, then in game would get exasperated and criticize people's plays whenever someone died / we lost.

There's a lot of cool folks who are fun to play with on there but I'm starting to feel more and more selective when joining a group rather than just hopping in the first spot available. Game can be stressful enough as it is

Was it TheSpartacus?

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Muppet Danny Brown posted:

If you're up for duo or squad, add me on Steam - handle is Symbolized.

Join the discord?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Tonetta posted:

I went from 1750 to 1300 last night in a drug fueled go to school spree

Guess it's time to get a chicken dinner lol

Funny you mention that...

Clipped to applicable time stamp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJrkoYKeYg&t=475s

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
You also stood deadass still while picking it up... Strafing would have helped there.

Number of times I have looted Military base and come out with Optics and level 3s only to die to a motorbike random endo....

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I mean, it happens. Mitigate risk in those instances. "Early Access".

You could just get on a custom server and microimprove your motorcycle skills.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Rex-Goliath posted:

You could at least skim the OP, you know

One thing that seems rather common sense, but I see a lot of goons who are "Bad at looting" or take forever to find even a pistol so maybe folks don't get it.

Loot is random, the spots are not. The same house layouts have the same loots spawns in the same places. A 2 story south side house in Pochinki takes ~25 seconds to fully check the loot spots.

Open the one door and peek, no need to walk in if there is no loot. Only place I can think that you really need to enter to back check as loot is behind the open door is Military base Barracks.

Edit: Also, get good at what things are by looking at them. Don't walk up to a quickdraw and mouse over to see what it is. They LOOK different than extended mags on the ground.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Why is discord obsessed with dicks?

Dickgirls, not just dicks. Please observe our customs with reverence.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Whatever, reddit's server is better.

Then stay there? Post There? Annoy them?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Chomp8645 posted:

Yes please keep the thread on topic of verbally fellating Grimmmz and endlessly discussing his sub count.

Hey, I only linked the dude because he killed Tonetta in a clip.

Though, I could really get into scrawny pony tailed dudes.

I am so inconvenienced by what others post! Please only post what I like: 0 kill chicken dinners and bad streamers

I only say it because you seem put off by our opinions and our behavior in Discord. I'm just saying sever the relationship. Remove yourself. It's not us, it's you.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Ostentatious posted:

"Let's drop in Gatka"

*screams internally*

Not empty quoting.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Inspector_666 posted:

Gatka: For when you want to spend a bunch of time running around an empty field.

Wow, Lot of Gatka haters.

No real loot, No Car spawns, Open fields Surrounding, WHAT COULD GO WRONG

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Who should I give my Twitch Prime Sub to?!?!?!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Yea, if I were to pick early game rumble weapons Micro Uzi would be #1. I'm not great with shotguns and the Uzi can wreck two dudes in a magazine easy.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
No, it's about getting in an early fight.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Holy gently caress. You idiots can argue about anything.

I think crunching of snow being loud as gently caress but not traveling far and visibility being poo poo would be kinda neat to play on a small map.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Chomp8645 posted:

You idiots can argue about anything! Here is my argument!

lol

What argument? I thought I laid out a pretty interesting scenario. I'm not talking at all about sounds of weather phenomena.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I talked about it the same way you did? You seem testy. Hang out in the discord. Talk about dickgirls.
Edit:

All I'm getting is stuff from the rapper snow. Someone answer this argument!!!

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 15, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

PleasingFungus posted:

if you're holding the frying pan and running, the animation means that it can block headshots coming from your right

secret tech

go prone. BLOW YOUR MINDDDDDD

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Not common. They exist though.

This guy:
https://pubg.me/player/mrgrimmmmz (Not actual Grimmmz)

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Party Plane Jones posted:

This was weeks ago so I probably still had textures/AA on ultra but shadows off.

Turn your post processing to ultra low. It's what blurs everything else when you ADS.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Hamelekim posted:

Ah, that's good to know. I will try that next time.

Probably would have lost that battle anyway, but having zero health didn't help.

Those are both the wrong way to resolve it. Hit x to put your gun away and you can med. No noise and no inventory loving. They mentioned fixing it soon.

Also, push 8 for med kits. don't open your drat inventory to heal.

9 for bandages, 0 for boosts.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Hamelekim posted:

I can move if I use inventory but I can't if I use the shortcuts. Taking my hand off the movement keys seems like a bad idea in the middle of a fight.

I don't take my hands off the movement keys to do this. Just pivot and use my thumb. I really disagree with opening inventory in a fight. All visual is covered with the overlay.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
http://plays.tv/video/59502844361fcf3d68/why-i-suck-at-pubg-

EDIT: Not me dingbats.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 26, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Digital Jedi posted:

I was prone most of the time.

Were you on a tree or hard surface?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The good thing is you both suck so don't worry too much about it

ILikeVoltron posted:

I didn't know you could play with a console controller?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

HAHA its almost like you're trying to miss

If this was me, there is no loving way I would post it lol.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 26, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Parallel Playa posted:

Here's my second win of the day, this one's a lot better imo - though I did have some more luck (particularly the pan hit on the 4th kill), the 5th guy was a doofus, the 6th kill was just weird all around and I nearly hosed up the 8th.I experimented with making a few of the clips a little longer as per GFY's request and please note that I did see the 10th kill at 6:16!

Good aim, great positioning, but your biggest luck come from loving idiots going prone after being shot and sitting still so you can line up Kar98 shots. NEVER STOP MOVING IDIOTS.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Parallel Playa posted:

but all but two of them were about to shoot at me, at which point you would have to sit still for a second.

Not really true, don't fall into that trap. Lining up a sniper sure, but you can wiggle and still hit at medium range AR engagements.

I also counted the bridge guy as a prone just looking at you like a dumbass.

CascadeBeta posted:

https://youtu.be/yQCs2xSFB0Q

Casual 4 kill in 2 and a half minutes. This is why you drive towards gunfire.

HAHAHA What. The third guy running between you and the guy you were fighting.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 26, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
If you're shooting a target moving perpendicular who is not aiming at you yes 100%.

I wouldn't say every engagement needs to be done one way, but sitting still to line up a shot on someone using a sniper is a great way to get domed.

edit:

Parallel Playa posted:

Yeah, that guy was dumb. I'm not sure how I feel about wiggling in a medium-range firefight. The recoil definitely isn't as forgiving in a similar situation in CSGO and I feel it's almost worse when you wiggle than when you just strafe in one direction. I get pretty good results standing still and taking my time to aim for a headshot as soon as I see someone wiggling.

Oh, one more thing I wanted to point out on your vid. THANK YOU for not taking maybe shots and waiting for good shots. Too many people take a half assed body shot and then get into fight they lose as opposed to making sure they are going to nail someone in the head.

GOOOOooooons.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 26, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

sum posted:

Are pub squads unplayable under a certain ELO or something? Usually when I watch streams the auto matching squads are usually at least semi-competent, but it seems like everyone I auto match with never have mics and are often complete scrubs.

Join the discord.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Different crates. One is unlocked with points and gives boots. One is dropped from a plane and gives guns.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

CitizenKain posted:

Maybe? I just think it would really make early stuff bonkers.

Make Pochinki Fun Again!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

literally this big posted:

Goddam do the circles make solo virtually unplayable. Vehicles are the new meta, if you don't find one you're hosed. In team games, at least you have four players to spot vehicles from the air, find vehicles on the ground, and pick up gas cans, and even then, far too many games end in circle-loving. In solo, you can only cover a fraction of the ground, and if you're not on the one-third of the island that the first circle forms around, you may as well just quit to the lobby right then and there and try to find a better game. What's the point of having a 2km x 2km map if the circle immediately forms over <50% of it, and you have to spend the whole game sprinting across fields to try to beat the blue?

A). Don't drop on the coast unless you are dropping Mil base/Novo or George. Lipovka, Zharki, and Severny all suck. Primorsk is meh. Most of these do have car spawns, or roads nearby.
B). LOTS of cars spawn. Learn where to look. It's really easy to run along a road and find one eventually.
C). Plan ahead. If you're circle hosed, start looking for cars in smart spots at 2 minutes. Don't wait until the blue is on you.

Solo is the best mode. Just drop school/Rozhok/Pochinki.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

No Safe Word posted:

The wrongest opinion. Primorsk has plenty of good poo poo.

Dude was bitching about car spawns. Primorsk is fun loot wise, not fun car spawn wise. I have gotten caught having to run when squad battles cause the blue to bleed into overtaking us.

Most times there is a boat though, but that is not always helpful.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is a huge problem with the game I feel like. There is no incentive to fight.

Lies - Best way to loot is letting others do it for you.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Efexeye posted:

uh then why is a 1 kill run worth the same 900 points as an 11 kill run

edit: meant win not run

Points don't matter? Taking fun away from others matter.

Also, that would not be true as both damage and kills give you points.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Lol, Nah man. You're misunderstanding. If I kill someone and they just respawn, they don't get as mad as if they have to start a new game.

Get a gun, kill a man. Take his gun, kill a man. Take his gun.

You can hide all you want. I want to hunt people. I want to make people upset they died. You can think all you want, but this thread and many others like it prove, people get mad when they die in this game. I want to be the one killing them.

I will take 100 10 kill games ending at 45 before I ever want a 1 kill win. I've won a ton of games, winning doesn't matter if you can't hunt people.

Edit:To your point, you play the game hide and seek, and I'll play the game guns. I will be better looted than you if we both end up in the top 10 though.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 5, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

yeah but he will probably end up in the top 10 way more often. and thusly have a higher elo. the game values survival way more than kills. so it's really a choice of sacrificing one fake number to pump up another fake number.

it just depends on what type of person you are, there's no wrong way.

That was my point. He was the one that said go play BF1 if you want to play guns.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

If you're the kind of person that gets seriously upset when you're killed in a video game, and I mean rage beyond the simple "ah gently caress! You rear end in a top hat!" moment that everyone has when they get killed, why in the world would you play a game where you have a base 99% chance of losing before anything else is factored in?

If you turn voice chat on you 100% know that the people that rage and get seriously upset are playing this game.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Uh you're still playing hide and seek you're just playing as the seeker. You are not doing 360 kick flips off the wall to double katana slice fools

YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR HOW I PLAY

Digital Jedi posted:

Is there a sort of tier list of the best places/buildings to aim for?

I think this map is best. I seem too see distribution "roughly" matching that.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
A surprising amount key up to call you a cheater or talk poo poo.

Also, if you don't have voice chat on you're missing so much free casual racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Broose posted:

I can't stomach the playstyle of perpetual hiding. It is incredibly boring. I'm gonna drop school and I'm gonna kill a few fighting my way out or die trying. Usually what happens afterwards is that the blue catches up to me and I get sniped in the back. I pretty much loathe the part of the game where you just desperately outrun the blue only to die tired soon after.

Plan ahead. I'm not trying to be rude, but you have a long time between dropping and that first circle if you are outside of it. Say to yourself,

"I am way outside a circle, I did not spot a car while parachuting in town. I need to leave town at 2 min on the timer and run down this road that I know spawns cars along"

If that means you loot for 2 minutes and all you are running out with is a shotgun and a pistol, that's all you have. find that car and find a new place to loot.

If you only have a shotty, crash a complex in the circle and either hope you can shotgun a guy and take his stuff, or it's unlooted and you can loot that.

If you have an AR and a 4x but are low on bullets, park on the edge and wait for people on foot from heavy concentrated areas and shoot them in the blue.

Learn to disengage from stalemates in order to not get hosed by the circle. Don't fight with a guy for 2 minutes if it means you both are going to be 2k from the circle with 0 left on the timer.

• Locked thread