Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
gently caress YEAH! Yoko Taro finally getting a well recognized good game is awesome. TDI gushing about it one last time makes it even better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I hadn't checked this sub-forum in a while and OH poo poo! I don't have a PS4 and my computer couldn't run this at all and every stream I've tried watching has been a painful mess. So this is the next best thing. :getin:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

The Dark Id posted:

I'm busy the early part of this week. But I'll leave you all with a powerful secret technique to mull over in the mean time. Rub the touch pad on PS4 or shake the mouse while in neutral stance on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeExtkRhzA

I like 9S running out in front of 2B like he's going to get a pet too. No Tails! Get out of here. Pods only.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Eopia posted:

Now that we've seen the desert area and the desert housing area... My own personal theory is that the hub city was built after Nier, given that I don't remember that game having a city just hanging about despite being in the same general area since Facade is (or was rather) here.

Weren't Tokyo's ruins just down the street from everything the whole time in the first Nier? Shadowlord's Castle was there, right?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Cuntellectual posted:

Eh, NieR Automata is still a game I'd only recommend with some caveats. It's one of the weaker Platinum games, gameplay wise.

Guess you're forgetting The Legend of Korra, Transformers, TMNT, Star Fox Zero, MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns all being mediocre to actively bad action games. And let's be real, Wonderful 101 was an inaccessible mess to actually play. Which nobody did. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I like this is a game where the main villains display clear advancement in power by showing up again wearing pants. Even if the Albedo looking one hasn't figured out pants buttons. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
"Just made a meat puppet faux-son out of a corpse and am living alone away from everyone else in an abandoned flat in the desert. No big deal. Also I intend to do this again to expand my family. It's fine. Pay no attention to the menacing music playing immediate as this is revealed. Radio is broken."

Anyone thinking that guy's actions were in any way on the level should be put on a watch list.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
He could have at least left his hat for the pod to wear. What a dick.

Also there's a real winner in the Youtube comments for the new update video.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Seems like Sartre is a beckon for bitch made losers like GoneRampant.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Not into the way Pascal was immediately "Oh you're all still alive! Great!" immediately after hearing about 2B and 9S from their adventure. Did that friendly robot send us on a hit...?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
How come 6O can upload a sword but 2B can't upload her a flower and just has to take a picture?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
:unsmith:

Now I want to play a spin-off that is Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts but bolting things to an Emil head to make into war machines to fight an army of penis squid aliens.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
None of these Machine Wars would have happened if not for Feminism!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

FailAtMagic posted:

Why not both ? :v::v::v:

Final Fantasy XV's third act is more of a thrown together half finished mess than Xenogears Disc 2. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
This thread's icon suddenly makes a lot more sense. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I hope all of the Project Gestalt memos are just inner office correspondence of absolutely no significance and barely mention the project itself. Just meetings getting pushed back because people got stuck in traffic or a scheduled staff BBQ for Friday afternoon once Fred is done ripping out the next batch of souls.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Kittens are the cutest animal ever!
Citation need.
What? Look at them. They're adorable.
Insufficient sourcing. Deleting article.
:smith:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I thought the machines gaining sentience was a recent thing. The Forest Kingdom has been around longer than the United States existed?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I'm gonna laugh if A2 shows up for all of like five minutes in Route C and bugs out again, never to be seen or explain anything.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
The title screen changing completely is probably the most ominous thing there. It didn't do that between Route A and B right?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Chokes McGee posted:

Also keep in mind Darth Taro's happy ending comment was postfixed by "well I think it's happy anyway"

:stonklol:

https://twitter.com/TheDarkId/status/743167253156245504

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Just caught up with the thread from like mid-Route B. :stare:

Ryas posted:

Hegel isn't that bad.

Remember M-Shield?

*just about every says a thing is bad listing a number of reasons why*
"ACTUALLY :goonsay:"

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
9S has some good voice acting. He's got a real good low key boiling hate going in his delivery of some of those last few lines. Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned how creepy the pleasant PA voice was. Is that supposed to be the same virus machine voice from the Bunker going to poo poo?

Also I've met DC Douglas and he's super nice despite being able to the best dry rear end in a top hat voice around. :3:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
2B's memorial with Kaine's Theme got me pretty hard. Dang... poo poo.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
9S is actually yelling shut-up at all the crash report messages erroring out he's been getting.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
https://twitter.com/TheDarkId/status/933376580927328256

Happy Drakengard LP Day! :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

This took way too long to do but I regret nothing.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

You're in fact super rad owning up to that kinda stuff!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Got around to catching up with the LP. Fantastic work. Even if I did get Ending E spoiled by some dipshit guest on the Giant Bombcast blurting it out.

...! posted:

Choosing not to destroy your save file is the pragmatic choice and you should be ashamed for telling people to shame people who choose this correct option.

Of course if you absolutely have to be sappy then you can let it delete your save then just redownload your save from the cloud.

It should also be noted that it deletes all your saves, not just your current one. So if someone else is also playing the game on your machine then their save will be deleted as well regardless of their progress through the game. So be prepared for the person to be pissed at you.

:goonsay:

What's it like to consistently be the worst poster in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

darealkooky posted:

Somehow this post became way longer than it was really meant to be, but at the end this isn't really any more white noise than several pages of "I loved this ending I cry every time"

Glad the cycle of a socially inept weirdo goon making GBS threads up the conclusion of TDI's LP threads continues.

• Locked thread