Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Awesome. I am all over this. Thanks for coming back, TDI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm guessing that Engels is able to use its giant laser beam even while in its stationary form, which is what took out the rest of our doomed squadron.

Now, what I wanna know is, why couldn't we have just stayed on top of Engels where it couldn't hit us and bash our way into its brain slowly from above.

On the other hand I think I know where those attacking Stubbies are coming from. Engels is a giant walking factory, right? It's probably producing more of them on the fly, like Master Mold.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 3, 2017

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

If you never did this then you've failed as an older sibling

Well, my younger brother did it to me. He was a lot meaner than I was.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

My first ending too. Heh.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bokurano is the anime where like 20 kids gather to pilot a giant robot and each of them can only pilot it once because it kills them after they go, right? Yeah...that's about right.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Fishing is really easy, and one of the best ways to make money. It's very improved from the last game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I don't know if anything happens with Jackass, I just know she's funny. She blows stuff up and doesn't give a poo poo.

I bet she chose that name on purpose just to mess with people.

I do wonder how old she is, though. If the Resistance androids are all pre-alien invasion that means she's REALLY loving old. I'm not sure if they say any more non-YoRHa androids are being made anywhere. Possibly?

It looks like machine lifeforms, despite being flimsy, are able to be produced en masse which is why everyone's been fighting them for ten thousand years. They just keep cranking 'em out.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Now, when the moose start talking, RUN.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, one of the jokes of Drakengard is that it's about extremely bad people trying to save the world. The red dragon is definitely not a nice lady herself.

If it had been less annoyingly-written, Drakengard 2 would have been a nice counterpoint, since it was about well-meaning people mistakenly almost destroying the world all over again.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It's been 10,000 years, I imagine that at least SOME of the earth got rebuilt during that time. And then destroyed again.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Something I like to say about this game regarding us calling the enemies "machines" when technically everyone's a machine. Think of it like how humans use the word "beast" to describe some mindless animal, despite that we are technically animal life forms. The robots look like primitive wind-up toys trying to kill you, while the androids, particularly the YoRHa androids, look much more sophisticated. They have superior weaponry and tech. The only reason the robots haven't been wiped out is they seem to outnumber the androids a thousand to one, even though they get torn apart easily.

The machines talking is also apparently some new development; if it ever happened in the past, it's been a while since it's happened. (Didn't Beepy talk?)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have no idea what made these robots decide to emulate humanity's ability to party hard, but I wholeheartedly endorse it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

You just know Yoko Taro would have had Adam be anatomically correct if he thought he could get away with it in Japan. Machine life form or not.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

God, if the machines can only learn from humans what they find on archives of the internet, no wonder they're so hosed.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I hope there's a robot named Aristotle and we get to punch him in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think Adam just proved to us that Ironman runs are stupid.

• Locked thread