Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

This game is absolutely fantastic, and I easily recommend anyone interested in this game to go play it for themselves if they can. It's worth it.

Really looking forward to seeing how you're tackling the game in this lp. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I absolutely adore the designs of the machine enemies. Especially the adorable wind-up-toy-like enemies. Those tiny guys aren't at all threatening, but bless them, they try.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Zomborgon posted:

This is my favorite area BGM track in the whole game, do listen immediately.

There's a couple one-off songs that are even better, but in terms of ambiance this is your top tier.

Yeah, really. The Amusement Park zone has the best regular area music in the game, imo. There a ton of really drat good music in this game, but the Amusement Park is just so fantastic.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah, that jumping puzzle sucks. Unless you know the Trick to cross it, it's impossible, and even then, landing on those tiny pillars suck. It was absolutely one of the last weapons I got in my playthrough.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Dr. Snark posted:

Quoting this for truth.

I don't know about Id, but this is probably my favorite track out of the entire DrakenNier franchise, and that is not a statement I make lightly.

Agreed, it's easily one of my favorite songs in these games. In a game/series/whatever with fantastic music, this one really stands out to me.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I went through the hole the first time I got to this section. Like, not across the bottom, but just along that inner edge with the tree roots and the ramps and small jumps to the part of the city that leads to the mall. It was just a pain in the rear end, thanks to how I couldn't attack, and my jump would be disabled from the virus for long gaps of time. I eventually made it out, thanks to liberal use of health recovery items, but every single time afterwards, I just ran the long way around and made it without too much issue..

Always take the long way around. Always.

Even then, I just loved all of this so much. This entire intro for Route C is amazing, but this was probably the best part.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I wiped his memories because I’d rather give him a chance to live again than to kill him or leave him in his suffering. In a sense, yeah, you are killing the Pascal of that time, but he’s going to have a chance to live again. There’s not really a happy ending for Pascal here, but I’d be damned if I wasn’t going to fulfill his last wish and let him live again.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

The shades in Nier's prologue, as I understood it, were failed attempts. Nier was the Origional Gestalt because he was the first one to successfully turn into a Gestalt without going crazy or something like that.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Fun thing about the intro is that it was the last major trailer for the game. But yeah, it's just a ton of entirely contextless spoiler clips for a whole ton of different points in the game, including the end of the Tower. Just like the first game did with including some clips of various stuff taken with zero context, including a bunch of the Shadowlord's Castle.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Partway through the game, a PS4 firmware update accidentally knocked out it’s ability to connect to my wifi and lasted through the rest of the game, and was unable to get any more corpses. so yeah, I was happy to get that achievement shop.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Adnor posted:

Please make a full remix of This Cannot Continue with Aureora Borealis.

Birth of a Wish - Aurora Borealis

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Kingdom Hearts is weird and stupid and it's great.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Poor Emil... :smith:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

It's seriously a shame that the hacking easter egg is super easy to miss thanks to how much damage you deal to the final boss. It's super cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

painedforever posted:

Whoa, wait, wait, wait.... what exactly does it mean when it says, it'll use your data to "save" someone? Does someone randomly wind up with your cash and weapons? Is your save sent out to anyone who opens a ticket asking for help?

It means that your save data was used to help someone else beat Ending E. All those extra ships that showed up when the chorus kicked in are from people who beat Ending E and subsequently gave up their save data to help someone else beat that ending.

• Locked thread