Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I almost choked on my food at "AURORA BOREALIS! AURORA BOREALIS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

That is really well done.

(Also I can't help but notice that the steamed ham regenerates its bite when he shows that it's grilled. Healing chips OP?)

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

I died when Skinner left and we got a joke ending, complete with the sped up credits noise :golfclap:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

I am legitimately impressed as to how well you captured everything you would expect out of N:A's style. Well done, you magnificent bastard.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.

Wow, at first I didn't think this could possibly be good but I have never been more wrong in my life.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Disappointed that you didn't make an ending C out of Skinner Vietnam clips.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Dr. Snark posted:

I am legitimately impressed as to how well you captured everything you would expect out of N:A's style. Well done, you magnificent bastard.

nobody committed suicide

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Istvun posted:

nobody committed suicide

Seymour probably did after his escape.

And 2 people died out of a cast of 3, with the third's fate unknown. Seems sufficient.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

:bisonyes:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
:magical:
Now we just need to see the armin [T]amzarian ending.

Also, easy way to collect Beast Hides if you don't want to become another casualty in the Boar Wars: ride an animal over a sufficiently high drop. Repeat until you've acquired your desired number of Beast Hides.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Sandman posted:

:magical:
Now we just need to see the armin [T]amzarian ending.

Also, easy way to collect Beast Hides if you don't want to become another casualty in the Boar Wars: ride an animal over a sufficiently high drop. Repeat until you've acquired your desired number of Beast Hides.

If possible, try to arrange this so you can jump off the animal and reach safety.

Not for any particular purpose, just to make it more Yoshi.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:wow:

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Everything about this is perfect. Thank you so much for this, haha.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
Sometimes, through all the bullshit that goes on in Id's threads...a beautiful pearl is found that makes it all worth it.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

This is great, I only wish that Youtube had a way to make Emil's shop theme randomly play over the video every 50 views or something.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I definitely need that Aurora Borealis mix of Birth of a Wish

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:aaaaa::discourse:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The ending where Principal Skinner sings Weight of the World is the best one though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lmbo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

loving hell that was incredible, especially the very end where Skinner gets the Logic Virus

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Please make a full remix of This Cannot Continue with Aureora Borealis.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is Agnes 21O or the Commander?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Adnor posted:

Please make a full remix of This Cannot Continue with Aureora Borealis.

Birth of a Wish - Aurora Borealis

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
That was a fun video. Well done.

The Dark Id posted:

gets us more experience in a single go than all most of the Route C boss fights.

Yeah... destroying that thing one time yields more XP every Route C boss combined.

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

:bravo:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode CXLII: House Guest

We’re going to take a different detour today before getting to work burning through each of the DLC arenas proper. Hey, you know how Emil keeps mentioning where he lives? He even sent us an email that one time talking about it.

Music: Rays of Light

Well, he’s not just being a weirdo. I mean... I guess he kinda is because randomly dropping hints to your home to everyone you meet isn’t exactly standard behavior. But Emil is just friendly like that. Regardless, you remember around where we completed the third and final Speed Star race? You know, the one where he exploded. And the machine holding the goal flag also exploded?

Near that location there happens to be a quite large pipe across a small jump. Water is pouring out of it feeding to the pit leading back to the alien mothership and the Copied City.

If 9S happens to get curious and leap into said pipe, we’ll find an elevator a short jog within. And yes, we 100% want to bring 9S for this venture. A2 or 2B are welcome to come check out this area too. It’s been accessible since Route A. It’s just been... ill-advised to explore it until now.

Well, riding random elevators hasn’t steered us wrong lately. Might as well give this one a shot too.

Music: Blissful Death

A rather lengthy elevator ride deposits 9S in a new area, a large cavernous system beneath the City Ruins. This place is actually quite large although the points of interest in it are limited (beyond quite a bit of weapon material goodies in treasure chests tucked away in corners.)

The caverns are not at all abandoned, despite the obscure location of ‘em. In fact, they’re lousy with Level 60-65 machines. Considering before grinding up to the level cap, we were only Level 63... this area is a wee bit dangerous. The enemies down here are always Level 60 and above, even in Route A. Hence why we’ve avoided this field trip until now.

Spelunking further into the caverns, we come upon a very deep hole with a lake at the bottom. While it might be tempting to just take the leap straight down into the abyss, there’s actually reason to take it slow.

There’s several side caves lining the perimeter leading to more treasure. It’s mostly high end stuff like Meteorite and the like. Which is nice but less than exciting.

What is interesting is a hacking locked chest down here containing the penultimate intel document left to collect in our playthrough. Let’s take a look...

Be sure to tell nobody that our Plan Z for saving humanity is already starting to poo poo the bed and it’s barely out the gate. I’m sure we’ll work out the kinks in due time and it won’t be an issue.

Continuing onward to the bottom of the giant sinkhole, we come upon a very pretty underground (does it still count as underground if it’s in a super deep hole?) lake. It’s unwise to jump in and take a swim. Androids can’t swim. That’s ridiculous. Though... neither could Replicants. Making humanity’s copies have the ability to get drunk? Done. Giving them the ability to swim? Meh... too much R&D.

Found resting next to the lake is the very last Intel document in NieR: Automata. There’s absolutely no reward for getting ‘em all. But we’ve still done it! :toot:

This is talking about Emil’s sister, Halua aka No.6 with the National Arms Laboratory literally being Spencer Mansion complete with an evil science lab basement housing an unstable bio-weapon.

Everyone forgets the part where Emil had a fifty foot tall Evangelion monster of the week reject sister that ate him and he absorbed her body on death to get his current iconic form.

While we’re down by this lake, this area actually contains quite a few unique fish. Hell if the RNG gods wanted to give me any of ‘em the ten minutes I tried to catch something. This is the only new one I caught. Eight times...

Nobody likes to get touched in their soft parts.

Continuing further into the cavernous system leads us to an area filled to the brim with nasty enemies in pitch darkness. This would be an issue... if weren’t at max level and everything melted in three seconds of Pod Laser fire. Even those lousy worm machines are no match for buffed out 9S.

At the far end of this cave we find an elevator that will take us back up to the surface. Well... actually it’ll take us back to near the other elevator which we can then take to return to the surface. It also serves as a shortcut to what’s ahead.

And ahead is a large steel door leading to an inner chamber where we find...

...a few dozen dead player android corpses. The room might have taken a moment longer than usual to open the door/load due to the density of dead bodies in here. That is... worrying... There’s another steel door at the far end. Let’s just tip-toe past this graveyard of dead androids and find...

Old Music: Emil ~ Sacrifice

Emil’s House! What do you know? He’s got a nice little pad down here. No earthly idea how the hell he makes it up and down that ravine. Other than a series of sick jumps and wall drifting. Sadly, Emil’s Off Road Rally did not make the cut for DLC content.

You ever want appliances that have been obsolete for several millennia, Emil has got you set! CRT monitors and old box set televisions for days in Emil’s house. Need you a vintage Windows 95 desktop PC to play X-Wing vs Tie Fighter? Emil has the hook-up. New (circa 1996) printer/fax combo machine? Let’s make a deal.

Also on display in Emil’s house is a variety of Emil masks. Assuming they’re masks and not flattened Emil clone heads... I mean is there really a difference? Other than the fact you’d be wearing an Emil corpse? It’s weird Emil isn’t selling these things. Maybe 9S can just...

Wha? We’re not stealing anything. They’re right out here in the open. Besides, Emil has practically been begging us to visit his home the entire game. This is clearly just a gift for guests, right?

...That’s not how you wear a mask, 9S. You’re doing it wrong. Tch... Fine. Whatever. This the only thing we can collect down here. It’s a little bit anticlimactic.

Oh well. Past the somehow increasing field of corpses we go and back to the surface. Our fieldtrip is at its end.

Music: Rays of Light

Before we conclude this update, let’s go see how Emil is doing and make sure we’ve not overstepped our boundaries or anything with our visit.

See? He’s perfectly fine. It’s even his premium shop inventory with the good stuff. I needed to pick up a few things to finish up weapon upgrading. Spiffy. What a nice boy. Well, see ya around Em—

I actually had a bandit break into my place a little while ago! After that, I put all my valuables in a secure container. Now I don’t have to worry anymore!

Y-yeah... what a world we live in... Well, take it easy Emil. Hope that container is nice and secure. Against the bandits, ya know...

Video: Episode 142 Highlight Reel

Emil’s House Concept Art – You think Emil still owns the Spencer Mansion or did he have to sell that off to fund the alien resistance war effort?

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 15, 2018

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
...The reason there's a pile of corpses is because going back again (and trying to loot the secure container) causes you to have to fight Emil doesn't it?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Stephen9001 posted:

...The reason there's a pile of corpses is because going back again (and trying to loot the secure container) causes you to have to fight Emil doesn't it?

And he just wrecks your poo poo like the shopkeeper in Link's Awakening.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The question is whether you're allowed to win, or if it's pure punishment for being a bad person to this good boy.

The Dark Id posted:

This would be an issue... if we’re weren’t at max level

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You're stealing from Emil. Even if you win, you lose.

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

[oh come on, seriously?! -fedule]

Hearing Emil Sacrifice out of nowhere was nostalgic, sad and made me fear for the obvious boss that was waiting somewhere in the room... but nothing came!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 15, 2018

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!

Are you sure that's a mask-rack and not some sort of Tzompantli?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Hey, how about you delete your spoilers?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

the gently caress is wrong with you?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

...! posted:

Hey, how about you delete your spoilers?

GeneX posted:

the gently caress is wrong with you?

I’m glad any time this happens I always see the post after it’s been edited.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
How do people keep being this loving stupid?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Missed it by that much!

But y'know, seeing as someone's been called out for spoilers at a specific point means that something's going to happen, doesn't it? Y'know, aside from TDI telegraphing it. Can't wait to see what happens!

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I might be a bit slow but I just realized Emil's shop jingle is a remixed version of this.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jade Rider posted:

I might be a bit slow but I just realized Emil's shop jingle is a remixed version of this.

gently caress, it totally is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I always felt like a huge jerk taking the mask :smith: I'm sorry, Emil.

• Locked thread