Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
Ah, Pod. Surprisingly one of my favorite characters, despite being the whole 'I am your robot companion' shtick. I won't go into specifics, but I've realized that the Pod is like if Fi from Skyward Sword was written well as a character. Can't wait to see where this train takes us, even after having beaten the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

What I feel is personally the best counter is using the Pod’s shot, which converts it into an AOE charged shot that will absolutely wreck and stun most common enemies. It’s by far the most reliable of the lot and is frankly, to use technical terminology, “loving rad”.

Fun fact about the pods is they don't tell you that there ARE combination attacks with them. If I remember correctly, hitting jump and the pod primary fire button at the same time in the air has the pod twirl you around and toss you at an enemy for some damage, while hitting light attack and the pod button at the same time in the air has the pod boost you for a small spinning upward kick. In fact, I'm sure I don't KNOW all the special attacks you might be able to do!

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Jack Anderson posted:

On topic, I'm really sold on this game but I have a budget laptop from 2014ish, how lovely would I be expecting it to run?
Just live vicariously through TDI and watch the LP. ...Maybe like, toss money at the soundtrack for your not being able to buy the game eventually.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

HR12345 posted:

I think this calls for all the Drakenier protagonists (except Nowe) having some fun on the party tank.
Nowe managed to get run over by the party tank.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Augus posted:

There was a post like this after pretty much every update of the Drakengard 3 LP :v:
Maybe Yoko Taro is, like, Id's Gestalt or something? They both seem to have similar drinking habits at the very least.
I have yet to see that Id isn't the Gestalt. For all I know he could be a horrible shadow monster making these updates.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Geemer posted:

Have we seen either of them in direct sunlight?
My god. Which one do I shoot obliterate with an oversized sword?

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Obnoxipus posted:

Gee, Yoko Taro, your game sure is popular! What are you going to do next with it?

Oddly in-character for what we know of Yoko Taro...

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

AirborneNinja posted:

The level system is probably the least useful, most unnecessary thing in the game.
What about the death system?

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

That quest with opening communications again...was the first thing to kill me in the main game past the tutorial. My first brush with the death system. ...Thankfully I didn't have much of value and I was careful next time.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Xander77 posted:

That actually sounds like something you might find in a Yoko Taro game. But I imagine it's supposed to be "Destroy"?
No, see, the orb simply makes any game the equivalent of Paper Mario Sticker Star, removing any story or charm the original had.
...I'm not bitter, no.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

I assumed it was kind of a failure to properly repair the scanner unit thing, and the stuttering was his voice module being crapped out. When I heard the update later from the e-mail I assumed his logic circuits just kind of went bonkers from the makeshift repairs and he straight up murdered the resistance member before breaking down entirely.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

So here's something I'd never seen before while I was recording footage for the next update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGN7obUBQ8

Edit: The Stubbies didn't actually go flying off the cliff. They all landed on the bridge. Had to fight them afterwards.
Aww. The miracle of life unfolds in front of us at the most unexpected of times.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

I remember getting to the copied city and flatly just saying "whaaaaaaaaaat" at what I was seeing. Surely this can only mean good things.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Well in a certain definition of cute...?

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Ben Carsons Ghost posted:

I think it's interesting how you can sometimes hear overtones in the voice acting for the machines, which makes it sound like they recorded it as regular dialogue before processing it into weird monotones at various octaves. Also I was happy to see you control a tall stacked stubby. Made me feel good inside.
I forget, did Id cover the incredibly useful and not at all stupid addition of the game giving you a voice filter you can turn on at any time to make everyone's voices sound awful? I believe it unlocks after route A, but...I kind of used it once then turned it off. Forever. Because it was bad.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

HellCopter posted:

You get the unlock notification after the Ending A credits.
It's truly bizarre so I'm sure Id will show it off eventually. But search for Nier voice changer and it'll come up.
Yeah, it's...absurdly weird and absurdly pointless, but spoilered it just in case, y'know? Who knows what wacky poo poo is important in a Yoko Taro game?

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

The way to win in a Yoko Taro game is just to leave. May Beepy travel the stars in peace. ...And not end up in a Star Ocean game.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

Operator 21O Render – Do those communicator veils give the operators augmented smelling senses too?
...So...not trying to be creepy, but...us that a crescent moon...or eyeball shape on the boobs? ...what kind of clothing design is THAT?! I...I don't...? :psyduck: Why?!

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

NHO posted:

Nipple missiles.
Ah, a last ditch defense mechanism in case machines get into space! It all makes sense now.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Glazius posted:

Gave up just because one parade didn't get him everything he wanted. Typical millennial machine.
'Why are Millenials killing the parade industry?'

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Istvun posted:

fun fact: hacking is strongly affected by level scaling!

Imagine, for example, if you did this quest as soon as you could in the second playthough, and you were, let's say, level 35. It turns out that your hacking damage is so piddly it doesn't seem to affect the health bar and the fight would take about 45 minutes in all.
N-Not that I did that or anything. Wh-Who would be so foolish, really?
... :cry:

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Route C is actually not in the game. It's just extra materials you can find outside of the game. Yoko Taro is a wily bastard, he is.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

It. Begins.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Crazy train status: :getin: Rocket boosters are now lit as all gently caress! People are getting crushed in their seats and faces are getting ripped off by the sheer acceleration! If you've still got arms attached, hold on to your butt!
Stage one boosters are go!

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Proposal: "Do not trust the woman who attempted to destroy the world."
"But she's so innocent and well meaning and someone who looks like her could never---"
"Proposal: Stop thinking with your dick."

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

I've said it before and I'll just reiterate it. Pod 042 is like Fi from Skyward Sword if she had some sort of personality. Forcibly assigning objectives because the character is too stupid or stubborn to choose to do it on their own, and moving the plot along when necessary.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Hoo boy! Boy oh boy! This part is...dang. It was just VICIOUS when it first occurred and I wasn't expecting it. Especially with the sidequests I was doing with the main quest. 'I know, I'll just take care of everything at once! :downs: '
SUDDENLY EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE AND EVERYONE IS EATING EACH OTHER WHY

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

As someone whose greatest fear is losing my memories over time and just becoming a shell...yes. I absolutely mercy killed him. He was a good friend, I can't just ignore his requests. And I most definitely cannot erase his memories, that's...well, it's not an option for me! So yes, killing him was the only acceptable option to me.

...Hooey though, how 'bout them video games!? On a less depressing note:

:five:

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did we ever really expect a happy ending for the machine children with Yoko-Taro at the helm?
:golfclap: Yoko Taro games eventually get to the point where they feel like a long, cruelly drawn out joke about anything you thought was nice in the world.

...And that's why we love it.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

let's not kid ourselves
They already committed suicide. We're not going to kid anyone anymore.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Augus posted:

I thought Hammer worked pretty well
Hammer to me was just to blast an obscene amount of damage in a short amount of time against a slow enemy. ...Which is good when a goliath is several levels higher than you.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Yeah...the non specific problem with the document Id mentioned...I was awfully confused later in the game because of it. But let's not speak any further than it being confusing.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Sometimes, through all the bullshit that goes on in Id's threads...a beautiful pearl is found that makes it all worth it.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Iretep posted:

I mostly didnt steal the mask because i was afraid Emil would kill me.
I stole the mask because I hoped Emil would kill me.

After everything that happened with 9S I figured it would be the best way for him to die.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Golem's fist for Manah.
:five:

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

So, uh. Anyone else see those doves and think about the Intoners' disciples?
Well, I know at least ONE person did...

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

Yoko Taro would be better-suited to Kirby, I would say. The pause menu descriptions for some of the bosses, especially recently, are practically Weapon Stories already, not to mention how the secret final bosses of the last half-dozen games were all the corpse of the regular final boss, animated entirely by magic and hate, with the singular goal of murdering Kirby. And then there's Dark Matter, whose true form was a giant eyeball that bleeds at you to attack, tears its own pupil out to attack independently when near death, and was resurrected with a halo and wings in the following game. Also Dark Matter can possess and mutate people (as seen here). Like, it's all bright and cheerful on the surface, but Kirby's dealing with some heavy poo poo.
Dark-rear end Kirby bullshit would extremely be Yoko's poo poo.

...Man Kirby's a good-rear end series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

The end! No moral. It was a good thread, friends! Until next time!

• Locked thread